watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4th worst team in the league

Started by PossessionKings, November 13, 2023, 10:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

It's probably worth locking this thread now tbh - it has aged about as badly as it can & should serve as a good reminder that knee-jerk posts should sometimes be left until 24 hours after a game when the red mist has settled ::scarf::

Asotosyios

Quote from: Twig on March 18, 2024, 12:55:30 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 18, 2024, 10:54:35 AMMaybe it's just me, but I just find digging up old posts rather pathetic to score petty points. Like, do you really not have something better to do with your time? Maybe if we were indeed 17th and fighting a relegation battle, posters would be doping the same but I'd say the same even if my prediction was correct.

There's some reasonable, slightly negative posts here that seem valid for our position at the time particularly if you look at the striker situation in the window. I don't see many arguing Muniz would be our star striker at this point emulating form of a £50m+ EPL striker. And you could argue, whilst we're engaging with European talk, that had we brought in one more striker, we might be closer to those positions (or Muniz pick up form earlier I guess).

Could of sworn diversity of opinion is regarded as a good thing but hey ho.

I'm with you. Whether old posts prove in hindsight to be on the money or way off the mark is irrelevant. I also find this silly, childish digging out old posts just to hold them up for ridicule to be an utterly pathetic action.

I have to disagree with both of you.

If diversity of opinion is a good thing, surely it's fine for someone to say "Asotosyios, what you wrote 2 months ago proved to be ridiculous" - the same way they could say "spot on mate, you got it right".

FFC1987

Quote from: Asotosyios on March 18, 2024, 10:36:06 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 18, 2024, 10:54:35 AMMaybe it's just me, but I just find digging up old posts rather pathetic to score petty points. Like, do you really not have something better to do with your time? Maybe if we were indeed 17th and fighting a relegation battle, posters would be doping the same but I'd say the same even if my prediction was correct.

There's some reasonable, slightly negative posts here that seem valid for our position at the time particularly if you look at the striker situation in the window. I don't see many arguing Muniz would be our star striker at this point emulating form of a £50m+ EPL striker. And you could argue, whilst we're engaging with European talk, that had we brought in one more striker, we might be closer to those positions (or Muniz pick up form earlier I guess).

I'm with you. Whether old posts prove in hindsight to be on the money or way off the mark is irrelevant. I also find this silly, childish digging out old posts just to hold them up for ridicule to be an utterly pathetic action.

If diversity of opinion is a good thing, surely it's fine for someone to say "Asotosyios, what you wrote 2 months ago proved to be ridiculous" - the same way they could say "spot on mate, you got it right".

Sure, no one said you couldn't do it. I just said it was petty and pathetic.

Asotosyios

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 18, 2024, 10:42:49 PM

Petty and pathetic for you, a bit more worthwhile for others - diversity of opinion and all that.

I was not very enamoured with your suggestion that we should use our time in a more productive way (even though I secretly agree with it), but of course you are more than entitled to it.

FFC1987

Quote from: Asotosyios on March 18, 2024, 10:59:32 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 18, 2024, 10:42:49 PM

Petty and pathetic for you, a bit more worthwhile for others - diversity of opinion and all that.

I was not very enamoured with your suggestion that we should use our time in a more productive way (even though I secretly agree with it), but of course you are more than entitled to it.

It's more, we're doing well. We just had a great result against Spurs something we seldom do really, best mate is a Spurs fan so I'm usually on the receiving end of it, and some peoples first reaction is to basically dig up old posts clearly trying to troll and create some division on the forum. Each to their own but that's why I find it petty and pathetic and not really worthy of time. But each to their own.

hovewhite

I think that we are all agreed that far from the 4th worse team I see us as a premier league team who are improving season on season.

Colton F.C.

What I see here is a desire on FOF for the doomeinsters to tone down their rather provocative hypotheses and try and form some rational judgement and stick to constructive criticism.  Some of the posts directed at players and the owners are rude and insulting.  It is quite right to call this out.

Mystified how some find this childish.

FFC1987

Quote from: FreiBird on February 11, 2024, 12:36:23 AM:slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:

Ah yes, this is all you're hearing from someone posting this you say? Interesting.

I'm mystified how someone can see this post, from this poster, and not see it as childish. But hey Ho.

heylookitsjacob

Quote from: Colton F.C. on March 19, 2024, 12:32:47 PMWhat I see hear is a desire on FOF for the doomeinsters to tone down their rather provocative hypotheses and try and form some rational judgement and stick to constructive criticism.  Some of the posts directed at players and the owners are rude and insulting.  It is quite right to call this out.

Mystified how some find this childish.

I really appreciate this post, because it's just so darn reasonable. You've really put it into words better than I ever could, so thank you. In the words of FFC1987, "but each to their own." I'll stick with reasonable takes, thank you!

This forum isn't "Frenemies of Fulham," but in fact friends of fulham. Go Fulham!

FreiBird

Quote from: PossessionKings on November 13, 2023, 10:53:35 PMOn paper... I think.

We are devoid of quality. Paulinha, great. Leno, very good. Who else? an old Willian? Just lucky the 3 promoted teams are crap.

Leicester are probably better than us on paper right now, in the championship. Need 2 very good transfer windows now to add some real quality. Gift Orban should be the new striker.

3 goals in 17 games in Belgium, 0 since moving to Ligue 1 in January. Talen ID off the charts

Jim©

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 18, 2024, 11:12:38 PMIt's more, we're doing well. We just had a great result against Spurs something we seldom do really, best mate is a Spurs fan so I'm usually on the receiving end of it, and some peoples first reaction is to basically dig up old posts clearly trying to troll and create some division on the forum. Each to their own but that's why I find it petty and pathetic and not really worthy of time. But each to their own.

I'm sorry but the negative posters tend to be the first ones to laugh/point out/argue with the positive bunch on here- whether it's about praise for the transfer dealings, praise for certain players or praise for certain results.
I find it quite pathetic in turn that those same posters who wrote about doom and gloom, relegation, paper-thin squads, that we need new owners etc etc can't be called out on it when it proves to be incorrect. Surely it's only fair if it works both ways??

FFC1987

Quote from: Jim© on March 19, 2024, 03:16:58 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on March 18, 2024, 11:12:38 PMIt's more, we're doing well. We just had a great result against Spurs something we seldom do really, best mate is a Spurs fan so I'm usually on the receiving end of it, and some peoples first reaction is to basically dig up old posts clearly trying to troll and create some division on the forum. Each to their own but that's why I find it petty and pathetic and not really worthy of time. But each to their own.

I'm sorry but the negative posters tend to be the first ones to laugh/point out/argue with the positive bunch on here- whether it's about praise for the transfer dealings, praise for certain players or praise for certain results.
I find it quite pathetic in turn that those same posters who wrote about doom and gloom, relegation, paper-thin squads, that we need new owners etc etc can't be called out on it when it proves to be incorrect. Surely it's only fair if it works both ways??

If that's the case Jim, I agree with you. I just don't recall negative nellies digging up overly optimistic posts and ridiculing it after particularity bad results, like 5 months or so after it? Maybe I'm wrong, and not remembering (or possibly didn't see it) but if that's the case, I hold the same opinion as before, don;t be so petty. As  heylookitsjacob put it, 'This forum isn't "Frenemies of Fulham," but in fact friends of fulham. Go Fulham!'.

I also don't mind constructive posts if done tastefully, especially for the ol Malcolm Tucker point scoring, but its a strange hill for some to die on when the post in question, literally reminded us with a number of laugh emojis.

Lighthouse

Bullying is what pure democracy is. One side bullying another and 'calling out' and ridiculing and deciding that a comment a hundred years ago is triggering. Odd to think that we all support the same side and yet let's stick it to those with differing opinions.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Stevieboy

Must be a wind up post.....seems to be working!!  :slap:  ::wine::