watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 20/03/24...

Started by WhiteJC, March 19, 2024, 11:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sources: Arsenal and Manchester United keeping tabs on defender who is 'faster than the people can believe'
EXCLUSIVE from Graeme Bailey
Mikel Arteta's Arsenal and Erik ten Hag's Manchester United are keeping tabs on Tosin Adarabioyo, but there are five more Premier League clubs who are looking at the Fulham defender, HITC understands.

Tosin Adarabioyo is out of contract at Fulham at the end of the season and, as things stand, he is set to leave the Cottagers as a free agent.

Fulham are working hard to tie Adarabioyo down to a new contract, but he has so far rebuffed their advances.

HITC understands that Adarabioyo is set to utilise his impending free agency and move for nothing this summer.

The 26-year-old central defender's form has been outstanding in recent times and interest in landing him has only increased.

Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur among clubs keen on Tosin Adarabioyo
Tottenham Hotspur have been tracking Adarabioyo since last summer along with Bournemouth's Lloyd Kelly, who is available on a free transfer as well in the summer of 2024.

HITC can also reveal that Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle United and West Ham United are keeping tabs on the former Manchester City prospect. The Hammers were linked with the defender in the January transfer window as well.

The fact that the defender will be available on a free transfer in the summer of 2024 is particularly appealing to the aforementioned clubs, especially given the current Profit and Sustainability issues impacting on the Premier League.

There is interest in the Fulham defender from mainland Europe as well. Sources have told HITC that AC Milan, Juventus, Lyon and Marseille are among the clubs looking at the 26-year-old.

Tosin Adarabioyo is rated highly
Tosin Adarabioyo has been on the books of Fulham since 2020 when he joined the London club after leaving Manchester City.

The defender has grown and progressed over the years and is now an established Premier League player.

The 26-year-old has made 73 appearances in the Premier League so far in his career. The defender has scored two goals and kept 17 clean sheets in those games.

Adarabioyo impressed City manager Pep Guardiola during his time at the defending Premier League champions.

Guardiola told The Manchester Evening News about Adarabioyo in August 2016: "He is fast, he is faster than the people can believe it. He's strong in the air."

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2024/03/19/sources-arsenal-and-manchester-united-keeping-tabs-on-defender-who-is-faster-than-the-people-can-believe/

WhiteJC

Palhinha: 'When the fans make all that noise, it fuels me'
Joao Palhinha has told a Portuguese podcast that the passion of the Fulham fans gives him 'fuel' to keep delivering dominant performances in midfield.

The tough tackler midfielder, who leads the English top flight in tackles for a second successive season, talked about his move to Fulham, the influence of Marco Silva and how he has settled in London and loves live at Craven Cottage in the latest episode of the 1 PARA 1 Podcast with Pedro Pinto.

Palhinha said:

"I always felt that English football relates to what I do as a player, regarding my characteristics. I saw a very interesting project here at Fulham. I've always trusted the coach, Marco Silva, who made his best efforts for to come here, and I felt it was the best step for my career. I think my playing characteristics are defined by the passion I have for the game, the hunger. The atmosphere in England, every time I hit the ground and they make all that noise, it fuels me, they push me as well.

You can watch the whole episode on Youtube or below:

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/palhinha-when-the-fans-make-all-that-noise-it-fuels-me/

WhiteJC

Fulham star Andreas Pereira teases England over trophy drought ahead of Brazil clash
Fulham and Brazil midfielder Andreas Pereira has taunted England over their lack of trophies since the 1966 World Cup ahead of their meeting at Wembley on Saturday night

Andreas Pereira has teased England by claiming the only "gap" with Brazil is the length of time since the Three Lions last lifted a major trophy.

The Selecao arrive at Wembley this weekend ranked No.5 in the world after going out in the quarter-finals in Qatar - and losing their last three World Cup qualifiers to sit sixth in the South American group.

New head coach Dorival Junior, who was appointed in January, will embark on a "new beginning" with a young squad missing a host of star names. By contrast, Gareth Southgate 's England are ranked No.3 and among the favourites to win Euro 2024 this summer - and a first title since 1966.

But asked about how to "close the gap" with the hosts, Fulham midfielder Pereira could not resist referring to Brazil winning five World Cups and the Copa America in 2019 as well the last two Olympic gold medals. The former Manchester United star said: "About Brazil and England, we don't necessarily feel that there is a big, big gap.

"The last time Brazil won a tournament was fewer years ago than when England won a tournament. We could say there is a gap. But Brazil will always have big, big players and a big team. England as well. I think they have a lot of players that I think the Brazilian fans like. It is more the flair players - players like Rashford and Saka.

"We respect them and we know it is going to be a tough game but we are ready and we know what we are capable of. We want to win the game. We are Brazil. We always want to win everything."

In a turbulent last 15 months, head coach Tite was sacked after the penalties defeat to Croatia and replaced by Under-20 coach Ramon Menezes. Then Fernando Diniz took over on an interim basis as Brazil tried to lure Carlo Ancelotti from Real Madrid.

Dorival Junior, 61, was then appointed when talks with the Italian fell through with the mission of building a new side for this year's Copa America and the 2026 World Cup. Neymar, Gabriel Martinelli, Gabriel Magalhaes, Casemiro, Alisson Becker, Ederson and Marquinhos are all out injured while Pereira, who played for Dorival at Flamengo, has been recalled for the first time since 2018.

"I think it is very exciting to be here," he said. "It is a big honour to be part of this Brazilian national team, especially in this new beginning. For me to come back after six years to the national team is massive. It is a dream come true. It is a special game for me for sure and my family."

Pereira got confirmation of his great current form on Sunday when he bumped into Gary Lineker and his family in an Italian restaurant on the Fulham Road. "When I saw him, I went to his table to say hello to him because I know he is a big legend in football," said the Brazilian.

"He just told me to keep going, that I was having a good season and I was a good footballer. That is a big compliment coming from such a big player like that."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andreas-pereira-england-brazil-fulham-32392558

WhiteJC

When was the last time you won a trophy? Fulham midfielder Andreas Pereira warns England not to write off Brazil as he insists there is 'not a big gap' between the teams

England entertain Brazil in a friendly fixture at Wembley on Saturday evening
    Brazil have endured a difficult period ever since the 2022 Qatar World Cup

Andreas Pereira warned England not to underestimate Brazil with a reminder who won the World Cup most recently.

The Brazilians are winless in four games, with form faltering and preparation disrupted, with many of their stars absent from Saturday's clash at Wembley Stadium.

It is in contrast to Gareth Southgate's England who are settled and have been developing together for years.

'We don't feel necessarily there is a big gap,' said 28-year-old Fulham midfielder.

'The last time Brazil won a tournament was fewer years ago than when England won a tournament.

Andreas Pereira warned England not to underestimate Brazil ahead of their clash on Saturday

Despite a difficult run of form, Pereira said Brazil have the potential to cause England problems

'We could say there is a gap. But Brazil will always have big, big players and a big team.

'We respect England a lot, especially coming from me. I play here in England and I am very grateful to play here in the Premier League.

England are well-settled under Gareth Southgate and are one of the favourites for Euro 2024
'We know that they have big qualities. We respect them and we know it is going to be a tough game but for sure are ready and we know what we are capable of.'

Brazil have won the World Cup five times, most recently in 2002. England have won it once, in 1966 and are aiming for their first Euros triumph in Germany this year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13215687/England-Brazil-Andreas-Pereira-Fulham-World-Cup-Three-Lions.html

WhiteJC

"It comes from within" – Fulham player on how passion and hunger defines his game
Fulham midfielder João Palhinha is no longer just a star at Craven Cottage, but also with the Portuguese national team, where he's been gaining more importance.

Currently away with Roberto Martinez's squad, the 28-year-old was interviewed by the 1 Para 1 podcast, with his quotes relayed by O Jogo.

Speaking about his qualities, Palhinha explained that a lot of his defensive abilities are related to his mentality.

"Eighty, ninety per cent of this characteristic is defined by the passion I have for the game, the 'hunger'. I think it comes from within, it's not something you train for. The atmosphere in England, every time I go down and they [the fans] do that 'bruá', it gives me fuel," said João Palhinha.

Palhinha also talked about the Euros, Portugal's squad and manager Martinez, but wasn't asked about his future this time, even though the rumours of a Fulham exit are still around.

Following a great campaign in the Euro qualifiers, Portugal now have a couple of friendlies against Sweden and Slovenia as they work to prepare the group that will go to Germany.

With another good season with Fulham, Palhinha became one of the pillars in the national team's midfield, despite being rested in a couple of games when they didn't need their full strength.

The Whites will be back action on the 2nd of April, when they go to the City Ground to play relegation battling Nottingham Forest.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/comes-within-fulham-player-passion-hunger-defines-game/

WhiteJC

Robinson wants USA winning streak
Antonee Robinson says he wants to help the United States win the CONCACAF Nations League so often that opposing nations get bored.

The Fulham full-back is part of the American squad aiming to win the trophy for a third consecutive tournament over this international break. Gregg Berhalter's outfit will have to beat Jamaica, who have Robinson's club team-mate Bobby De Cordova-Reid in their ranks, in Thursday's semi-final before they can think about lifting the silverware following a final against Mexico or Panama.

The left back told the press earlier today:

"Every time we play for a trophy, it means something. But I want to keep winning this trophy. I want only us to win it to the point that it gets boring to people that we keep winning it. We always focus on the bigger picture, we know the big, big picture is the next World Cup, but we obviously have a lot of steps in between. We've got this Nations League and then the Copa [America], which is probably the second biggest tournament after the World Cup that we can play in and is going to be a real test for us. We're all looking forward to it. Some big friendlies, more Nations League, a Gold Cup next year, so there's plenty of opportunities to practice in knockout competitions before the big one."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/03/robinson-wants-usa-winning-streak/

WhiteJC

Manchester United keeping tabs on Fulham defender
Manchester United are in the process of scanning the market for defensive reinforcements.

Interestingly, we know that the planning process is being drawn out along with a list of potential targets, but it's worth noting that Raphael Varane has not been offered an extension of any sort.

Instead, we are seeing United linked with young centre-backs like Jarrad Branthwaite and Leny Yorro.

There's now another name we can add to the list, with United linked to Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo.

According to a reports via HITC, Adarabioyo has emerged on United's transfer radar ahead of the summer transfer window.

It is reported that the centre-back has become a target of several Premier League clubs, including Arsenal. We can only presume that a lot of them like the idea of Adarabioyo becoming a free agent this summer.

The former Man City defender has made 20 appearances across all competitions this season. He has been at Fulham since 2020 following loan spells at Blackburn Rovers and West Brom.

https://strettynews.com/2024/03/19/manchester-united-keeping-tabs-on-fulham-defender/

filham

If there is truth in the rumour that City want to sign Robinson then i guess we have to prepare for him leaving.
Essential that we:-

1.Start looking for a replacement right away.

2. Commit ourselves to squeezing City for every penny possible.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: filham on March 20, 2024, 10:02:05 AMIf there is truth in the rumour that City want to sign Robinson then i guess we have to prepare for him leaving.
Essential that we:-

1.Start looking for a replacement right away.

2. Commit ourselves to squeezing City for every penny possible.
Hès on a long contract and if Everton are talking about 70m for Branthwaite then that must be the starting point for Robinson.