For me 2nd

1st  My lovely wife
2nd  FFC
3rd  custard tarts , consumption thereof
4th  Watching Carry on films
5th  Guinness , imbibing  thereof
Joint 6th  avoiding cookery programs on TV and  dog walkers on my rambles

ffcthereligion

Great question. Personally it depends. Let's say Fulham reached the league cup final this year by beating Liverpool. In those circumstances, there is nothing that could stop me attending. If my father had a heart attack outside the ground, Mrs was due, sorry - I'm attending. If we were in Europe I'd quite happily get a new credit card and max it out to attend every game. In other circumstances, I would sacrifice Fulham. But basically I'd walk over hot coals to watch us if the situation demanded it

Snibbo

Not the most important of course,  but definitely the most CONSTANT for 60 years.  No relationship, interest or hobby has lasted anywhere near that length of time

deadcowboys

Pre lockdown it would have been:
Family
Fulham FC
Friends
Travelling
London Broncos
Drinking

Post lockdown:
Family
Friends
Travelling
Volunteering

After that everything else has a certain irrelevance about it.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Snibbo on March 28, 2024, 10:28:59 PMNot the most important of course,  but definitely the most CONSTANT for 60 years.  No relationship, interest or hobby has lasted anywhere near that length of time

Although it hasn't been sixty years for me, I think that Snibbo's words resonate with me.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Her indoors

Watching Peacock TV, Only missed one game this season

Health

Just finished writing a book called Louisiana Geezers
(set in Fulham Village, in the swamps south of New Orleans)
Will be on sale on Amazon in 2/3 months - Blatant advertising.. oops)

Avoiding alcohol, (almost impossible) cheese etc
(fighting diabetes)

Balancing the books and home economics in this economy

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Definitely been one of the only interests to have followed me from the early 60's, late childhood, til now, but waxed and waned in priority over  all these years.

Football was by far my main interest when I first began  following Fulham, as a renegade Palace  fan - because of  family and geographical reasons. Palace  were the first  pro games i attended, with parents initially.

Then I said i wanted to see a top team play- Palace were then in the 4th Division, and my dad took me to Fulham, mainly because of Johnny Haynes, and though dad soon stopped going, I was consumed with my new passion, and the rest is history.

Football became less of a consuming interest as i grew older, and became interested in music, and other things! I also left London in the late 60's to attend a Yorkshire teacher training college, after a year out from Tulse Hill comprehensive- the notorious Tulse Hill! ending up doing temp warehouse work.

At the college I actually met a fellow Fulham supporter, Andy, whose family had a flat over a shop in Fulham Palace Road, and we used to go to see Fulham, now dropping down the divisions, in his three wheeler van, at grounds such as Halifax and Bradford. I also went with mates to see Leeds play, with the great Allan Clarke playing for them, who'd been a hero for me at Fulham.

Problems of severe anxiety and depression had been brewing inside me for some years, and I left the college  without finishing the course, and ended up back in London, where Fulham again resumed an  important place in my life, and I well remember following us  away in the run to the FA Cup Final, and going to Wembley for our historic first FA Cup Final, a great experience, though sad the way it ended.

Now, married and back living in the north, apart from my wife, sport has a big priority in my life. As well as looking forward to  the Fulham game every week, I run and cycle, driven, despite the problems of getting old, by their importance to my mental well being;
 and have until recently  taken part in mass participation  events in both sports, despite being pretty rubbish, but have tailed off in these since lockdown, but  still do the local Park Run most weeks, and only did, very slowly, a tough hilly 10k a couple of weeks ago, and still cycle, though obviously age is having its inevitable effects.

I no longer go to Fulham games, mainly because of cost, but miss the atmosphere of being at games, and being a part of the great Fulham support, but just having a game to look forward to on a Saturday  is important to me, and i feel down without that.

I have a bit of Saturday routine at present, of doing Park Run, then coming home and listening - or watching the game if possible, to GJ's game commentary, and  reading and taking part in this forum - which makes you feel a part of the game atmosphere.

I'm also interested in music and the arts, and reading, and write and paint.
But, yes, supporting Fulham has great importance in my life, though my lovely wife is my main priority.

Lewes White

It's just unconditional Love....for close to 60 yes.. ❤️🤍🖤

Holders

I invoke Maslow's hierarchy of needs and in no-one's life will football ever come in the top 6, even 100, however long-term or obsessive.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

filham

Very close to first for 75 years. I guess the fact that I missed Fulham v Arsenal in 1962 to get married puts Her Who Must Be Obeyed in the number 1 spot.

alfie

Family first always
My 2 cats although they probably come under family
My hobby (doing nothing)
FFC
Arsenal
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobbo

Pretty high , I told my late wife in 1964 you do realise that Fulham and a pint of best bitter come in front of you ———— she still married me in 1965
1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

Quote from: bobbo on March 29, 2024, 10:28:40 AMPretty high , I told my late wife in 1964 you do realise that Fulham and a pint of best bitter come in front of you ———— she still married me in 1965
Funny thing is there are those nowadays that would replace bitter with lager.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Definitely not putting that in writing, could be held against me one day

bog

1 My irreplaceable wife who has been putting up with me since 1973.
2 My family.
3 Fulham.

Why? Because they all help me to cope with this increasingly unpleasant and corrupt world. 

Carborundum

Family, health and helping people are the priorities for me.  Everything else is about having a nice time along the way.  Heading to the Cottage twenty times a year means very nice times indeed.

Whilst perhaps not really a priority, there's something primal and surely beneficial about being able to shout loudly in a crowd.  Nothing wordy - "yes", "no", "ooh" and "aargh" is the basic repertoire.  I might need it more than most.  Certainly drawn to it.