watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Elm off back home to Sweden and a bid made for Norling

Started by Nick the Swede, January 24, 2011, 07:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Swede

Swedish media reports that IF Elfsborg has made a bid and, had it accepted by Fulham, for David Elm. Around 8 000 000 kronor apparently, should that be true we're getting more back than we paid for him.

Also this morning, Victor Norlings club confirms that Fulham has made a bid for the young keeper.
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

White Noise

http://fotboll.expressen.se/internationellt/1.2302672/david-elm-uppges-klar-for-elfsborg

David Elm declared ready for Elfsborg

David Elm give up the Premier League life and return to the headlines - but not to Kalmar FF

Already now, Elfsborg have done in the season's heaviest recruiting headlines.

According to SPORT-Expressen writes David Elm, 28 at the club today, and will be presented later in the week.
Elfsborg will pay 5.5 million for the striker.

- No comments, says Elms agent Patrick Dark.

. DAVID ELM
Height / weight: 191 cm/95 kg.
Previous clubs: Fulham FC, Kalmar FF, Falkenberg FF, Helsingborgs IF, IF Nybro, Emmaboda IS and Johansfors IF.
Achievements: National Championships in Kalmar FF in 2008, has made eleven goals in 51 matches with Kalmar FF in Allsvenskan. A Premier League goals in ten matches with Fulham.
. January 22, 2011
Elfsborg: "We are on location in London".
Elfsborg have for some time shown interest in the former Kalmar attacker.
On Saturday, told the club's chairman Bosse Johansson that he and the club director Stefan Andréasson was on location in London - he would not confirm that it was to meet with David Elm and his club Fulham.

Economic muscle
But according to SPORT-Expressen data is Elfsborg and Fulham now agreed a transfer fee - and David Elm will be ready for the league again soon - maybe even today.
According to reports he will sign for four years with Elfsborg - Kalmar not. Club Elm represented in three seasons and won national championships in 2008.
Kalmar also showed great interest - but could not match Elfsborg economic muscle and lost the bidding, according to SPORT-Expressen data.
Elfsborg will pay 5.5 million dollars to get off Elm from his contract with Premier League club Fulham.
David Elms agent Patrik Dark on SPORT-Expressen information:
- I have no comments.

Has barely been allowed to play
It was in September 2009 by David Elm wrote in a one-year contract with Fulham, then under Swedish acquaintance Roy Hodgson's leadership.
In May last year he signed for another two years. But Elms Premier League adventure has not been successful.
During his time at Fulham, he has only played ten matches and scored one goal.
Now he returns therefore to the headlines and see that judging by the contract, which expires in 2015, appears to be back for good.

Tom

Great news! Good luck back in Sweden David.  :wine: :yay: :beer: :wine: :yay: :beer:
Fulham for life!

BalDrick

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Nick the Swede

Interesting that it seems like we got more than double what we paid for him according to Eurosport. If so, well played Fulham!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BalDrick on January 24, 2011, 10:09:39 AM
What do we want another keeper for?

Always nice to have some young, talented goalkeepers for the future.

finnster01

Mr Nick,

I doubt very much that we get more for Elm now than what we paid. I think that is just lazy journo poo again.

I'm happy that we get something. He clearly wasn't part of Sparky's plans, but good luck to the lad.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr Fulham

Quote from: finnster01 on January 24, 2011, 01:31:22 PM
Mr Nick,

I doubt very much that we get more for Elm now than what we paid. I think that is just lazy journo sh1t again.

I'm happy that we get something. He clearly wasn't part of Sparky's plans, but good luck to the lad.

We'll get about 300k for him.

Burt

His career never really took off, did it?

I hope he finds a bit more success with his next move.

Nick the Swede

Quote from: finnster01 on January 24, 2011, 01:31:22 PM
Mr Nick,

I doubt very much that we get more for Elm now than what we paid. I think that is just lazy journo sh1t again.

Well, since it came to a small bidding war between the club we bought him from (Kalmar FF) and IF Elfsborg it is indeed possible. The chairman of Kalmar  was quoted saying that when the bid became twice as high as what the were paid when he left they stopped the bidding.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Lighthouse

IF everything works Keeper wise, then when Swart retires we may well have the keeper position sorted out for the next 10 years or more. Yes I know players will be sold and or fail to make the grade but it is a nice thought.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 24, 2011, 01:59:18 PM
IF everything works Keeper wise, then when Swart retires we may well have the keeper position sorted out for the next 10 years or more. Yes I know players will be sold and or fail to make the grade but it is a nice thought.

Exactly, keepers are such a funny position to recruit for. If our future consisted of these guys:

Stockdale
Joronen
Noring

Then we are really set up well.

(Etheridge not included because I am not sure he is as highly rated)

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 24, 2011, 02:16:23 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 24, 2011, 01:59:18 PM

Exactly, keepers are such a funny position to recruit for. If our future consisted of these guys:

Stockdale
Joronen
Noring

Then we are really set up well.

(Etheridge not included because I am not sure he is as highly rated)

Well, he was a full international at 18, so he's got that going for him which is nice.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: BalDrick on January 24, 2011, 10:09:39 AM
What do we want another keeper for?
From what little i've read about him (mainly from FOF Scandies) he could be a very very special keeper.

Matt

Potential to become a top Prem keeper if he continues to get games under his belt. We should sign him and loan him out, Schwarzer and Stockdale are better choices at the moment.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6699447,00.html

Fulham fail in keeper offer

Trelleborg prepared to sell Noring for the right price

By Kent Hedlundh   

Last updated: 24th January 2011

Swedish side Trelleborg have rejected an offer from Fulham for teenage goalkeeper Viktor Noring following a recent trial.

Noring trained with the Premier League club earlier this month and did enough to impress manager Mark Hughes to warrant an offer.

However, Trelleborg have turned down the Cottagers' opening gambit just a week before the January transfer window closes.

Trelleborg spokesman Stefan Nilsson has confirmed Fulham want to sign the 19-year-old before the end of the month, but is unsure if an agreement can be reached.

Nilsson told Sportbladet: "If we reach an agreement, they want him before the end of January, but it has to be right for all parties."

Meanwhile, Fulham striker David Elm is expected to sign a four-year contract to join Swedish club Elfsborg on Tuesday.

Matt

That's what has been said in Swedish media too. I'll post the latest news about Noring from Swedish media tomorrow morning.

White Noise

Quote from: Matt The Swede on January 24, 2011, 08:58:37 PM
That's what has been said in Swedish media too. I'll post the latest news about Noring from Swedish media tomorrow morning.

Cheers Matt. Noring sounds top draw so it would be great if we can get the deal done. Sounds like we are not too far away.

Matt

Quote from: White Noise on January 24, 2011, 08:59:55 PM
Quote from: Matt The Swede on January 24, 2011, 08:58:37 PM

Cheers Matt. Noring sounds top draw so it would be great if we can get the deal done. Sounds like we are not too far away.

I thought Stoor was going to be top draw as well but if Noring signs I hope I'm not wronng his timee.  :dead horse:

Trelleborg want to sell and probably they will become desperate if the bidding is taking too long.  I think his contract ends in the summer.