News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you want British clubs to do well in Europe?

Started by Nick Bateman, April 10, 2024, 10:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: alfie on April 11, 2024, 11:23:05 AMSo let me understand, if Fulham should make it into Europe (not necessarily this season), none of you will be supporting "your" team ?

Of course if it was Fulham most of us would have an interest but even then premier league matches would take priority.

WindyCity

Very interesting discussion.  I have several teams that I really don't like, namely, Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, and Villa.  (And any team coached by Mourinho.)  So for the most part, I do not wish them well in most any competition.  As far as Europe is concerned, I do like to watch a good game, whether league play or Champions or other competitions.  I usually like to see the underdog be successful.  I do recall several years ago that I think the final four left standing in the Champions League were all from EPL.  I thought that was good, kind of shows just how good the EPL is.  I think, like many others, that the EPL is probably the best/strongest league in football.  Says a lot for FFC to be in this league, and maybe one day in not too distant future we might see FFC in some sort of European competition.  Obviously need a much better and deeper squad to play all those extra games....

Jules

Like others have said I've no interest in European games, unless Fulham make it again some day. Otherwise I will focus on domestic football.

Somerset Fulham

The difference now is that clubs aren't really clubs.

For instance there are sometimes no players from this country fielded in our side, let alone somebody from the area and that changes things for me. Ultimately if I do watch the games I want to see a good game of football, but I don't actually care if those playing under a City badge, or those under a Real Madrid badge win the game.

Lighthouse

Quote from: filham on April 11, 2024, 04:49:39 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 11, 2024, 11:23:05 AMSo let me understand, if Fulham should make it into Europe (not necessarily this season), none of you will be supporting "your" team ?

Of course if it was Fulham most of us would have an interest but even then premier league matches would take priority.

I think the question that was being raised and offered up for discussion. Was not how would you feel if your club was in Europe. But how interested are you now in British success in European football.

Personally even the domestic cups no longer hold the same excitement as they used to. But obviously if my club is in those cups I am interested in their success. But I could no longer tell you who won last year or the year before whereas there was a time the cup final was a major family event.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

Well I do want them to win even though it means little nowadays they barely ha 11 English players among the whole lot that compete .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Watford_fc

Not good news for those teams hoping 5th get a Champions league spot .

Nick Bateman

Just watched Leverkausen completely dominate West Ham with 32 shots to 1. They finally won 2-0. They look one of the best sides in Europe let alone Germany.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SP

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 11, 2024, 10:11:13 PMJust watched Leverkausen completely dominate West Ham with 32 shots to 1. They finally won 2-0. They look one of the best sides in Europe let alone Germany.

I hope WHU played their first team tonight?

Holders

The last FA cup final with 22 players from the UK/Ireland was......1975.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Nick Bateman

Quote from: SP on April 11, 2024, 10:14:54 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 11, 2024, 10:11:13 PMJust watched Leverkausen completely dominate West Ham with 32 shots to 1. They finally won 2-0. They look one of the best sides in Europe let alone Germany.

I hope WHU played their first team tonight?

It was. Just saw Liverpool lost 0-3 at home to Atalanta. There goes the coefficient.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on April 11, 2024, 10:28:32 PMThe last FA cup final with 22 players from the UK/Ireland was......1975.

11 of the 12 Fulham players were English
and one Irish.
All 12 West Ham players were English
Both Managers were English
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

I want any English team to win apart from Chel, Liv, ManU, Spud & Wham.

Blimey, that's most of our teams.

I'd like to see FFC, or Wealdstone do well in Europe.

SG

Not a lot of interest in European games unless of course it was us.
Delighted to see last nights result at Anfield. That should shut Klippety up for a while. Announcing he's leaving half way through a season ensures the focus is on him and not the team. Arrogant so and so