https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andy Keys and Richard Gray ......it's all in the delivery

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, January 24, 2011, 11:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

..or as Frank Carson said : It's the way I tell 'em 

Sky Sports' Andy Gray and Richard Keys make sexist comments 

IMO  ......If the conversation between the numties was in the style of the replies to this utube clip  or was delivered with a modicum of humour  would there be all this fuss  ....................????? 

However,  Our boys are well known for their insightful and skillful   analyse  :   :005:

NEW June 2010 Andy Gray richard Keys Pisstake! 

duffbeer

:005:

They just need the dolls . . . like Ken and Barbie.  "Kenny will go potty".   Yes, their insightful message would've been there for all to see if that'd been the case.   :011:  :011:

White Noise

Gray looks like he is toast.

It was apparently the fact that he brought a legal action against The News of the Screws this week about the 'phone hacking' scandal that prompted someone to leak this stuff at Sky. Rupert Murdoch owns both businesses - so Gray is effectively attempting to sue his employer. It was also apparently his legal action that in part prompted Andy Coulson (a Murdoch favourite) to step down from his role with the Tories.

Now, while it is entirely possible that someone at a relatively low level at Sky who had to work with Gray for 20 years leaked the stuff as part of a personal dislike of the bloke - the leaks just keep coming. Did you see the new clip when Gray is stood on the touchline prior to a link going live and he and a colleague are discussing how much of a 'looker' the lino is supposed to be.

The Sun - owned by Murdoch - are going full on to bury Gray -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3369470/Sky-Sports-Andy-Gray-and-Richard-Keys-in-sexism-row-over-lineswoman-Sian-Massey.html

but its interesting that The Mirror are doing the same. If I am looking for Fulham stories on The Mirror website I click on the Fulham page and it lists everything that mentions Fulham. Yesterday it also included 4 separate stories about Gray and Keys - none of which mentioned Fulham. They are pushing it out as wide as they can as are other media outlets. The BBC were playing the audio clips on many of their news programmes yesterday throughout the day.

I see Keys has wheeled his wife out to say that it was 'just a bit of banter' and that everyone is overeacting.

Bury the buggers.

AlFayedsChequebook

I really hope the both of them get fired. I personally do not see how this is in any way different to the 'Big Ron' racism debacle.

Sky need to stand up and sack them - they can start afresh for the next 20 years.

Sadly, I dont think they will, and it will be another slap on the wrist.

They are both a bunch of f****** c****

TonyGilroy

What I suspect may be something of a surprise to Sky is just how disliked Gray and Keys are amongst viewers. I see no support for them anywhere. Even those who say it's only lad's banter seem to stop short of saying what superb broadcasters they are.

I think Sky will take the opportunity to freshen things up and these two will go the way of Saint and Greavsie and be utterly unmissed.

LBNo11

...I presume that sky/newscorp have a written policy statement governing sexism in the workplace? They may face (in-house) disciplinary hearings and be forced to make some meally mouthed statement, but will that be enough to cut it?

These employees are high profile presenters whose image is supposed to reflect how wonderful sky is to the masses, by not sacking them are they condoning their actions, or would they be belittling the seriousness of the incident..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Whilst I don't like either of them partly because of their contempt for Fulham, I think this is the thought Police gone mad!, if two blokes cannot talk in what they believed was in private then the world has gone mad, stop press it has!

White Noise

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 25, 2011, 09:49:53 AM

What I suspect may be something of a surprise to Sky is just how disliked Gray and Keys are amongst viewers. I see no support for them anywhere. Even those who say it's only lad's banter seem to stop short of saying what superb broadcasters they are.

I think Sky will take the opportunity to freshen things up and these two will go the way of Saint and Greavsie and be utterly unmissed.

Good point. Lots of people came out and stood up for Big Ron (though I don't recall many for Rodney Marsh?) and I haven't heard a single supporter other than Keys wife - and she only said it cos she's doing his driver  :dft012:.

I think you are right - they will go. Probably not immediately but Sky will be working on a new line-up now and will probably introduce it at the start of next season.

I could see them going for a duo of Ed Chamberlin -

and Jamie Redknapp or, given the nature of this debacle maybe its time for

or

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on January 25, 2011, 09:59:00 AM
Whilst I don't like either of them partly because of their contempt for Fulham, I think this is the thought Police gone mad!, if two blokes cannot talk in what they believed was in private then the world has gone mad, stop press it has!

Was it a private conversation though? They were 1) In the workplace 2) microphoned up.

Is it acceptable if I start criticising the women at work for being female and unable to do their jobs, even if it is a private conversation? No. not at all.

Tonywa

Keys is pathetic and has the personality of an omeba, while Gray, though a great player in his day, is nothing more than a thick, self-satisfied,smug, know-all.  The only thing I fear is that if they are sacked, while will get even more of the dire Jamie Redknapp whose whining voice and inablity to express himself I find even more annoying than the other two losers.  Get in Woy!  He's got nothing to do at the moment.

FatFreddysCat

I dont particulary like Keys or Gray, but bloody hell it's all a bit ott aint it?  Plus women shouldn't be linesman and should stick to filing and making the tea  :hook:

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 25, 2011, 10:05:07 AM

Was it a private conversation though? They were 1) In the workplace 2) microphoned up.

Is it acceptable if I start criticising the women at work for being female and unable to do their jobs, even if it is a private conversation? No. not at all.
And you can hand on heart say you have never slagged off a work mate just because she is a she? never said as "ALLO ALLO! Stupid Woman!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on January 25, 2011, 10:58:57 AM

Is it acceptable if I start criticizing the women at work for being female and unable to do their jobs, even if it is a private conversation? No. not at all. 
And you can hand on heart say you have never slagged off a work mate just because she is a she? never said as "ALLO ALLO! Stupid Woman!

Yep. Hand on heart.

If you can be sacked for criticizing a player for being black, you can be sacked for criticizing an official for being a woman.

There's no reason what so ever to think that a lino should be any better or worse at doing their job because they happen to be a woman.

White Noise

I can say that hand on heart. I have certainly called colleagues/clients/suppliers conniving, cheating, lazy, crooked and many other things but not because they were women. Women do almost all types of work better than men and I have met far more useless men than I have useless women.

Keys and Gray aren't laughing while they say those things they are said with some venom and intent - it is not just banter. Those are clearly views that they serriously hold. And, as such, they are not compatible with the work they do or the arena they do it in. Sky are in far too public a place to be seen be implicity condoning stuff like that.

If you sent an email in the workplace saying something like that you would be carpeted for it and this is no different. Bin them and everybody like them.  

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on January 25, 2011, 10:58:57 AM

I have never doubted the ability of a woman because she is female, I have if she is rubbish at her job. Very different things.

Oakeshott

Perhaps I'm on my own here, but I think Andy Gray is the best current football commentator.

Sky is being absurd and hypocritical over this. It would be a different matter if the comments had been intentionally broadcast, but they were essentially private remarks broadcast, from the Keys/Gray angle, unexpectedly. If they sack Keys and Gray over this I think I'll cancel my Sky sports sub. (which is far more than half the total of my Sky sub.) and watch the matches for free on the computer.

White Noise

Big Ron's comments were made in a similar 'private' way. Would you have him back as well?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 25, 2011, 11:20:11 AM
Perhaps I'm on my own here, but I think Andy Gray is the best current football commentator.

Sky is being absurd and hypocritical over this. It would be a different matter if the comments had been intentionally broadcast, but they were essentially private remarks broadcast, from the Keys/Gray angle, unexpectedly. If they sack Keys and Gray over this I think I'll cancel my Sky sports sub. (which is far more than half the total of my Sky sub.) and watch the matches for free on the computer.

Hahaha.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You are really saying that Andy Gray is the reason you pay £30 odd pounds a month to watch premier league football when you could get it for free!

Oakeshott

No, of course I am not saying that. I am saying that as a consumer the way to register dissatisfaction with a service provider - of any kind - is to reduce or switch one's business.

I can't remember the circumstances of Ron Atkinson's comments, but if they were made in private and accidentally broadcast, or worse still leaked, then in my view the same would apply.

The bottom line is that everyone should be free to hold whatever views they like, provided they don't express them publicly, or act on them, in ways that harm others.

ImperialWhite

They were microphoned up in the middle of a studio, minutes before broadcast. There were probably a dozen or more crew members that could hear them, many of them female.

If this had been a conversation in the pub, I wouldn't want them sacked (but I would like them even less). They were at work. I'm quite happy for people to hold whatever disgusting views they like, but if they say anything racist, sexist or homophobic at work they shouldn't be surprised if they end up without a job.