more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andy Keys and Richard Gray ......it's all in the delivery

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, January 24, 2011, 11:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

The Daily Mail is really gunning for Gray -

Had Andy Gray not been born with the ability to head a ball extremely hard into the back of a net, one wonders what would have become of him.
As a young man he was cursed with a face only a mother could love; a sallow, greasy complexion which led to acne well into his 20s, topped with a curly mop of hair so unruly he was surely grateful for the early onset of male pattern baldness.
Thanks to his abilities as a footballer, however, such concerns were mere trifles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1350591/Andy-Gray-sacking-Countless-affairs-love-children-sordid-truth-pundit.html#ixzz1C931FQ7R

ouch!

os5889

Quote from: Lork on January 26, 2011, 12:00:09 PM
when sky use sex to sell sky with presenters like georgie thompson i dont see how they can take the moral highground. not only that but really what they got sacked for is fairly little on the face of it,i know ive said stuff to girls thats just as 'bad' and got some in return but its all tongue in cheek, unless of course they actually meant it.

but thank f*ck hes gone!

And to top it off the entire SSN female contingemt have posed in lads mags including the very sexy charlotte jackson in her smalls!

Double standards, women can cash in on their looks but the moment you make an innuendo, joke or risque comment one as a man you are villainised. There is an overcompensation from women in all jobs and a massive level of hypocrisy about their behaviour!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on January 26, 2011, 02:48:07 PM
Quote from: Lork on January 26, 2011, 12:00:09 PM
when sky use sex to sell sky with presenters like georgie thompson i dont see how they can take the moral highground. not only that but really what they got sacked for is fairly little on the face of it,i know ive said stuff to girls thats just as 'bad' and got some in return but its all tongue in cheek, unless of course they actually meant it.

but thank f*ck hes gone!

And to top it off the entire SSN female contingemt have posed in lads mags including the very sexy charlotte jackson in her smalls!

Double standards, women can cash in on their looks but the moment you make an innuendo, joke or risque comment one as a man you are villainised. There is an overcompensation from women in all jobs and a massive level of hypocrisy about their behaviour!

'innuendo, joke or risque comment' I dont think that saying 'women should not be linesmen because they are women' is a joke, particularly not in the context.

There is a line here, and these two F*** wits stepped over it.

os5889

I think women should be allowed to referee if they are good enough, this girl clearly appears top drawer in fact she made one of the shouts of the season in the Wolves game.

In a very male world though as football is you'd expect lads to be lads and to me thats all it seemed to be, nobody was hurt, someone told these two their microphones had been turned off, clearly they weren't, the videos that have come out are no worse banter than I encountered while running a large retail store, university, PhD or in financial sevices.

I think this is political correctness gone bonkers, we'll all be personality devoid homogenous robots soon as expressing an opinion, smiling will be outlawed.

Be honest, have you never cracked a line about women drivers, the offside rule, cricket or used the line its a man thing?

Have you never been called a Bstaard just for being a man, have you never been made to do a medial task because its wrong for the girls to do it even when its not? have you never been called disorganised, unable to multi-task and lazy for being a bloke even when you are not?

I dislike AG and RK with a passion but in this case the furore has driven me over the edge at the reasoning and fear motivating all these decisions!

Evebn the captain of the womens football team came out and said this was banter no worse than they themselves inflict on the mens teams they encounter!

White Noise

Just heard the Richard Keys interview on Talksport - he apologises - then goes on the attack - and generally comes across as the arrogant tosser he is. He also said he is seriously considering resigning.

Best line from him -

"Now, there are some dark forces at work here"

Anyone who says that about a Murdoch company had better resign and quickly. :doh:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on January 26, 2011, 03:07:56 PM

I think women should be allowed to referee if they are good enough, this girl clearly appears top drawer in fact she made one of the shouts of the season in the Wolves game.

In a very male world though as football is you'd expect lads to be lads and to me thats all it seemed to be, nobody was hurt, someone told these two their microphones had been turned off, clearly they weren't, the videos that have come out are no worse banter than I encountered while running a large retail store, university, PhD or in financial sevices.

I think this is political correctness gone bonkers, we'll all be personality devoid homogenous robots soon as expressing an opinion, smiling will be outlawed.

Be honest, have you never cracked a line about women drivers, the offside rule, cricket or used the line its a man thing?

Have you never been called a Bstaard just for being a man, have you never been made to do a medial task because its wrong for the girls to do it even when its not? have you never been called disorganised, unable to multi-task and lazy for being a bloke even when you are not?

I dislike AG and RK with a passion but in this case the furore has driven me over the edge at the reasoning and fear motivating all these decisions!

Evebn the captain of the womens football team came out and said this was banter no worse than they themselves inflict on the mens teams they encounter!

I just dont think that it is very funny joking about Women's ability to do things, and I hope these kind of jokes go the same way as racist ones have over the last few years.

Also, since when did saying outrageous things become acceptable if you justified it as 'banter'? Oh, he shouldnt be a linesman because he is black, dont worry it is just banter....

I am all for people expressing themselves but treating people differently because they are black/female/asian etc is bang out of order.

Stewart Lee - 9 - Political Correctness - 41st Best Stand-Up ever

White Noise

Kelly Smith said the direct opposite -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350503/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-evil-tone-sexism-means-theyve-lost-respect.html

ImperialWhite

@AFC

Have you read Lee's book? If you're a fan you should, it's really good.

VB

What a lot of over the top b ollock s, incidently something a female lineswomen will never have  :hook:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ImperialWhite on January 26, 2011, 03:19:00 PM
@AFC

Have you read Lee's book? If you're a fan you should, it's really good.

No, but it is on my list of things to read.

Stuart Lee is a fantastic comedian, I am kicking myself that I have not seen him live!

os5889

Quote from: White Noise on January 26, 2011, 03:15:59 PM
Kelly Smith said the direct opposite -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350503/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-evil-tone-sexism-means-theyve-lost-respect.html

There was an article on  the beeb on Monday, I cant find it, anyway if I've got that wrong I take it back. I just dont like this debacle 1 bit at all. I'll agree to disagree with this one though. Ironically the women in our office all thought it was a bit extreme to sack one/both of them even after all the videos.

Jimpav

Quote from: White Noise on January 26, 2011, 03:14:34 PM
Nice work here -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350616/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-apologise-sexism-scandal.html

"Redknapp hanging out the back of it."

I saw the video for that too - basically him in the studio with Souness and Redknapp etc. Does look and sound awful when you see it like that.

Can't see him keeping his job but I do think that they have bene well and truly stitched up.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Jimpav on January 26, 2011, 04:01:40 PM
Quote from: White Noise on January 26, 2011, 03:14:34 PM
Nice work here -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350616/Andy-Gray-Richard-Keys-apologise-sexism-scandal.html

"Redknapp hanging out the back of it."

I saw the video for that too - basically him in the studio with Souness and Redknapp etc. Does look and sound awful when you see it like that.

Can't see him keeping his job but I do think that they have bene well and truly stitched up.

I dont think they have been stitched up. They are wearing mic's in a television studio. Surely you should wait until you are not being filmed to say racist/sexist things?

'I was stitched up' says Andy Gray. 'And stitching is a woman's job' he adds.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 26, 2011, 03:14:26 PM

I just dont think that it is very funny joking about Women's ability to do things, and I hope these kind of jokes go the same way as racist ones have over the last few years.

Also, since when did saying outrageous things become acceptable if you justified it as 'banter'? Oh, he shouldnt be a linesman because he is black, dont worry it is just banter....

I am all for people expressing themselves but treating people differently because they are black/female/asian etc is bang out of order.

When are you going to post his funny bit then?

Logicalman

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 25, 2011, 08:35:14 PM
The good thing to come out of all this is that there will be lots of legal stuff going on in the background so some bird will probably get loads of overtime doing the photo copying  :54:

uh-huh, and she might even get the chance to read up on the offside rule, 'cos you know how they cannot understand such a thing, in between making the tea, of course ....

:hook:   :dead horse:  

For the American viewers amongst us ... perhaps they should chug off over to namby-pamby land and get some proper education.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on January 26, 2011, 04:50:00 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 26, 2011, 03:14:26 PM

When are you going to post his funny bit then?

Stuart Lee is the 'thinking man's comedian'. Nothing here for you then Freddy  :hook: