watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Record 12 penalties for Chelsea

Started by Nick Bateman, April 16, 2024, 12:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Referee gave Chelsea their 12th penalty today, and awarded 21 fouls against Everton to Chelsea's 5. Not much chance with that stacked against you.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Arthur

Seeing as Ch***ea were three goals to the good inside half an hour without having been awarded a penalty and likely with only a minority of their 21 free-kicks, implying that Everton were denied a fair chance of winning the game doesn't seem to have a lot of legs in it, in my opinion.

btffc

Everton earned most of those 21 fouls and there could have been two different penalties on the one that got called. They played rough and physical like they usually do. Despite the huge disparity, hard to argue against what was called.

Nick Bateman

They had two "soft" penalties against Man.Utd yet media never mentioned it. Fulham have had many legitament penalties not given - we had 2 pens all season given in one match. Chelsea are the diving capitol of the league but will see if they get any of those dives when they play Arsenal soon.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Free Elvis Hammond

I mean, Everton were kicking lumps out of them. I thought it was a penalty, as were the United ones

Chelsea do play for penalties, tricky players like Palmer and Sterling taking touches in the box - nothing wrong with that, it's part of the game

bog

What an embarrassment the scuffle to see who would take that penalty. Poch says he 'is very upset'. Right.   

alfie

Quote from: bog on April 16, 2024, 09:23:51 AMWhat an embarrassment the scuffle to see who would take that penalty. Poch says he 'is very upset'. Right.   
The players know who the designated penalty taker is, so nobody else should get involved.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SerbianLad

Tbf, even if the referee was extremely pro-Everton they still would have lost yesterday. They were rubbish. They do get quite a lot of help from the referees in general, but in this particular match it wouldn't have made a difference, in my opinion.

bog

Quote from: alfie on April 16, 2024, 10:50:50 AM
Quote from: bog on April 16, 2024, 09:23:51 AMWhat an embarrassment the scuffle to see who would take that penalty. Poch says he 'is very upset'. Right.   
The players know who the designated penalty taker is, so nobody else should get involved.

Exactly. I recall in a cup final recently the Chelski manager wanted to change Kepa the keeper for the penalty shoot out and he refused to come off!!

sarnian

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 16, 2024, 12:15:49 AMReferee gave Chelsea their 12th penalty today, and awarded 21 fouls against Everton to Chelsea's 5. Not much chance with that stacked against you.

Agree Chelsea have had a couple of dodgy penalties given this season but most have been correct. The foul count however is superfluous as Everton kick anything that's moving and were probably lucky not to get someone sent off.

Colton F.C.