more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Andreas on Palhinha leaving...

Started by Sammyffc, April 17, 2024, 09:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewry66

Quote from: btffc on April 17, 2024, 06:59:08 PM
Quote from: Drewry66 on April 17, 2024, 06:31:19 PMGot to remember as well for FFP we aren't going to get an absolute fortune for him. By all accounts sporting have a 20% sell on. You also have to discount what we still owe from the amortisation.

So from my understanding if we sell him for £50 million Sporting get £10 leaving £40 million.

Over the two years we've had him if his £20 million was spread over 5 years we've paid off £8 million from an FFP perspective leaving £12 million.

The £40 above minus the £12 means we only pocket £28 million for FFP. Not amazing then considering the level of player we'd be losing and would have to replace.

Typically, a sell on is only the profit from the sale so it would be 20% of 30m rather than 50m which would give us an extra 4m.

Since he has been brought up as well, Flamengo apparently has a 25% sell on for Muniz.

Ah yes of course. Think I have heard that before so good point!

Didn't realise that re Muniz! That is pretty rubbish considering that we were taking a gamble anyway paying 7 or 8 million for a youngster not even getting in their team at the time. If we'd picked him up for £3 million and agreed that fair enough but surprised we agreed to that paying £7 or £8 million. More understandable with Joao as we were pulling their pants down at £20 million without a big sell on. If Muniz had a couple of 20 goal seasons and we sold him for £100 million that 25% would be a killer if true.

btffc

Quote from: Drewry66 on April 17, 2024, 07:09:19 PM
Quote from: btffc on April 17, 2024, 06:59:08 PM
Quote from: Drewry66 on April 17, 2024, 06:31:19 PMGot to remember as well for FFP we aren't going to get an absolute fortune for him. By all accounts sporting have a 20% sell on. You also have to discount what we still owe from the amortisation.

So from my understanding if we sell him for £50 million Sporting get £10 leaving £40 million.

Over the two years we've had him if his £20 million was spread over 5 years we've paid off £8 million from an FFP perspective leaving £12 million.

The £40 above minus the £12 means we only pocket £28 million for FFP. Not amazing then considering the level of player we'd be losing and would have to replace.

Typically, a sell on is only the profit from the sale so it would be 20% of 30m rather than 50m which would give us an extra 4m.

Since he has been brought up as well, Flamengo apparently has a 25% sell on for Muniz.

Ah yes of course. Think I have heard that before so good point!

Didn't realise that re Muniz! That is pretty rubbish considering that we were taking a gamble anyway paying 7 or 8 million for a youngster not even getting in their team at the time. If we'd picked him up for £3 million and agreed that fair enough but surprised we agreed to that paying £7 or £8 million. More understandable with Joao as we were pulling their pants down at £20 million without a big sell on. If Muniz had a couple of 20 goal seasons and we sold him for £100 million that 25% would be a killer if true.

We apparently had a big fight with Middlesbrough(kind of funny considering) over his transfer so I think we didn't have a lot of choice as that was what we had to do to beat Boro for him.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 17, 2024, 11:23:35 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 17, 2024, 11:21:21 AMWilfred Ndidi would be a very good replacement for Palhinha

:slap:

The guys not been good for at least 3 seasons now! Started well at Leicester, but he''s looked below par in championship.

His stats look ok....and everyone knows he's got it in him

LC

To be honest I've always thought he's worth more than £50m but that would be the minimum I would accept for him.

It's tricky to replace him. I don't think you can replace him with 1 player. I would imagine it would be Andre plus another to start alongside him

hovewhite

If we keep him past this summer then think he will be with us as long as Silva remains.