watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harvey Elliot

Started by Peabody, April 22, 2024, 11:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Apparently he went to a young Fulham fan and gave him his shirt. Nice gesture, if true

bill taylors apprentice

Maybe so but why would he give his shirt to a FFC fan when there were thousands of his own fans there?

Dodgin

A gesture, knowing he is not popular at the Cottage, maybe

LC

To be fair to him, he made the right choice for his career and it's worked out for him. From what I gather we took him from QPR so perhaps some of the criticism that goes his way is a little harsh

Cambridge Away

Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 12:04:31 AMTo be fair to him, he made the right choice for his career and it's worked out for him. From what I gather we took him from QPR so perhaps some of the criticism that goes his way is a little harsh
I prefer to think that some of the booing is on behalf of our West London neighbours

Hatch007

Do we know for certain that it wasn't a young Liverpool fan in the home section? Genuinely curious

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Hatch007 on April 23, 2024, 08:38:16 AMDo we know for certain that it wasn't a young Liverpool fan in the home section? Genuinely curious

More than likely.

FFC1987

Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 12:04:31 AMTo be fair to him, he made the right choice for his career and it's worked out for him. From what I gather we took him from QPR so perhaps some of the criticism that goes his way is a little harsh

Could be perhaps you're not acknowledging the rather gross stuff he did and conflating the boo'ing to him simply leaving? I think people need to look a little more critically at this. Did Fabio and Sess get boo'd? There's a very clear reason Mr Elliot gets a hard time with us and its not because he simply signed for Liverpool.

Personally, I'm glad he seems to have matured both on and off the pitch and wish him well. But some of his behaviours were bad when he was with us.

Kingjay81

He was a 16 year old child when he left us. I found it a bit cringy to see and hear grown men booing and shouting abuse at him the other day.

To be fair to him, he handled it well. Completely brushed it off and just got on with the game.

Klopp seems to love him but will be interesting to see how it goes with a new manager coming in.

JimmyConway

I thought Elliot played very well in their win last Sunday. Very comfortable on the ball along with awareness and great movement.

Dodger53

Quote from: Kingjay81 on April 23, 2024, 11:16:53 AMHe was a 16 year old child when he left us. I found it a bit cringy to see and hear grown men booing and shouting abuse at him the other day.

To be fair to him, he handled it well. Completely brushed it off and just got on with the game.

Klopp seems to love him but will be interesting to see how it goes with a new manager coming in.

The guy next to me never sings, chants, waves a clapper or flag, he doesn't wear a scarf, even the free ones yet he booed and sang along with every nasty Harvey song. Cringe making is polite.

LC

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 23, 2024, 11:09:48 AM

Could be perhaps you're not acknowledging the rather gross stuff he did and conflating the boo'ing to him simply leaving? I think people need to look a little more critically at this. Did Fabio and Sess get boo'd? There's a very clear reason Mr Elliot gets a hard time with us and its not because he simply signed for Liverpool.

Personally, I'm glad he seems to have matured both on and off the pitch and wish him well. But some of his behaviours were bad when he was with us.

I would say he was 15 when he played for us and 16 when he left unless I am mistaken?

I remember he did/said something but I can't remember what. Do you know?

Lighthouse

While I think barracking players is never a good thing. Just because a player is 16 or however old doesn't give him an excuse to act badly or insult fans, his employer or act like an idiot. I get a bit fed up with people making excuses for ill disciplined behaviour because of age.

However that goes for fans as well as players.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is not so much the fact that he left Fulham as the comments that he made when leaving. OK he was young but it was still uncalled for and there was never an apology.

Bill2

Maybe at the tender age he left us we expected greàter maturity than he had.
If he had offered me his shirt I would have handed it back saying no thank you. Just in case anyone is unsure I did not boo him.

FFC1987

Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 03:05:38 PM

I would say he was 15 when he played for us and 16 when he left unless I am mistaken?

He was young, and we all do stupid stuff, its just it was a bit more distasteful and being high profile as he is, its always worse, but racist videos with his family, selling signed shirts for charity then seemingly pocketing the money, there was domestic violence allegations too.......Just really bad stuff really. I think he made rather disparaging ableist remarks about Kane as well. I know some will just say hes young and boy will be boys and all that, but this behaviour deserves criticism. Personally, I wouldn't boo and as mentioned, I'm glad he seems to have grown up somewhat and found himself a place to grow.

LC

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 23, 2024, 04:08:00 PM
Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 03:05:38 PM

He was young, and we all do stupid stuff, its just it was a bit more distasteful and being high profile as he is, its always worse, but racist videos with his family, selling signed shirts for charity then seemingly pocketing the money, there was domestic violence allegations too.......Just really bad stuff really. I think he made rather disparaging ableist remarks about Kane as well. I know some will just say hes young and boy will be boys and all that, but this behaviour deserves criticism. Personally, I wouldn't boo and as mentioned, I'm glad he seems to have grown up somewhat and found himself a place to grow.

I wasn't aware of any of those things

Fernhurst

Releasing a video mimicking our England Captains disability has absolutley nothing to do with age but all to do with how he was brought up.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Free Elvis Hammond

It was in poor taste but Harry Kane's not actually disabled

Colton F.C.

The point is that he was insulting everyone with a speech disability in the most crude manner.  I am not aware of a proper sit down apology especially to the England captain. Carry on booing.