Harvey Elliot

Started by Peabody, April 22, 2024, 11:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus Telford

Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 06:45:13 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 23, 2024, 04:08:00 PM
Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 03:05:38 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on April 23, 2024, 11:09:48 AM
Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 12:04:31 AMTo be fair to him, he made the right choice for his career and it's worked out for him. From what I gather we took him from QPR so perhaps some of the criticism that goes his way is a little harsh

Could be perhaps you're not acknowledging the rather gross stuff he did and conflating the boo'ing to him simply leaving? I think people need to look a little more critically at this. Did Fabio and Sess get boo'd? There's a very clear reason Mr Elliot gets a hard time with us and its not because he simply signed for Liverpool.

Personally, I'm glad he seems to have matured both on and off the pitch and wish him well. But some of his behaviours were bad when he was with us.

I would say he was 15 when he played for us and 16 when he left unless I am mistaken?

I remember he did/said something but I can't remember what. Do you know?

He was young, and we all do stupid stuff, its just it was a bit more distasteful and being high profile as he is, its always worse, but racist videos with his family, selling signed shirts for charity then seemingly pocketing the money, there was domestic violence allegations too.......Just really bad stuff really. I think he made rather disparaging ableist remarks about Kane as well. I know some will just say hes young and boy will be boys and all that, but this behaviour deserves criticism. Personally, I wouldn't boo and as mentioned, I'm glad he seems to have grown up somewhat and found himself a place to grow.

I wasn't aware of any of those things

Because most of it is hearsay and/or massively exaggerated. Can guarantee 90% or more of fans have done worse in their own lives than anything Elliott actually did. Think he's a kid earning millions that did well by leaving Fulham, so just very tempting to make a villain unfortunately. With that said, a bit of booing isn't the worst thing a person can suffer.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Angus Telford on April 24, 2024, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: LC on April 23, 2024, 12:04:31 AMTo be fair to him, he made the right choice for his career and it's worked out for him. From what I gather we took him from QPR so perhaps some of the criticism that goes his way is a little harsh

Could be perhaps you're not acknowledging the rather gross stuff he did and conflating the boo'ing to him simply leaving? I think people need to look a little more critically at this. Did Fabio and Sess get boo'd? There's a very clear reason Mr Elliot gets a hard time with us and its not because he simply signed for Liverpool.

Personally, I'm glad he seems to have matured both on and off the pitch and wish him well. But some of his behaviours were bad when he was with us.

I would say he was 15 when he played for us and 16 when he left unless I am mistaken?

He was young, and we all do stupid stuff, its just it was a bit more distasteful and being high profile as he is, its always worse, but racist videos with his family, selling signed shirts for charity then seemingly pocketing the money, there was domestic violence allegations too.......Just really bad stuff really. I think he made rather disparaging ableist remarks about Kane as well. I know some will just say hes young and boy will be boys and all that, but this behaviour deserves criticism. Personally, I wouldn't boo and as mentioned, I'm glad he seems to have grown up somewhat and found himself a place to grow.

Because most of it is hearsay and/or massively exaggerated. Can guarantee 90% or more of fans have done worse in their own lives than anything Elliott actually did. Think he's a kid earning millions that did well by leaving Fulham, so just very tempting to make a villain unfortunately. With that said, a bit of booing isn't the worst thing a person can suffer.

You're right there, my wife does it every morning when i wake up. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

I don't really know how you can come to that conclusion when 3 of those offences mentioned, there's photographic/video evidence of......

KJS

Quote from: Kingjay81 on April 23, 2024, 11:16:53 AMHe was a 16 year old child when he left us. I found it a bit cringy to see and hear grown men booing and shouting abuse at him the other day.

To be fair to him, he handled it well. Completely brushed it off and just got on with the game.

Klopp seems to love him but will be interesting to see how it goes with a new manager coming in.

He gets abuse for the way he left us and he has never had a good game against us, so he obviously can't handle our fans abuse towards him so I don't have an issue with it

Cambridge Away

Yes, Harry Kane is not actually disabled. So, we can trust his opinion on Harvey. It doesn't look like he or Southgate have forgotten Elliot's conduct yet. Wouldn't he have had a full England call up by now?

Booing him for whatever misdeamenour seems to put him off his game (although with less effect each time), so i'm all for it. Am i really angry at him though? No, not at all.

Luka

Quote from: KJS on April 24, 2024, 12:47:48 PM
Quote from: Kingjay81 on April 23, 2024, 11:16:53 AMHe was a 16 year old child when he left us. I found it a bit cringy to see and hear grown men booing and shouting abuse at him the other day.

To be fair to him, he handled it well. Completely brushed it off and just got on with the game.

Klopp seems to love him but will be interesting to see how it goes with a new manager coming in.

He gets abuse for the way he left us and he has never had a good game against us, so he obviously can't handle our fans abuse towards him so I don't have an issue with it

Didn't Elliot refuse to sign a contract thus giving Fulham, the club that brought him through and gave him every opportunity, a chance to get a decent fee.

Fabio and Ryan did hence they get a good reception.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Luka on April 24, 2024, 03:30:21 PM

Didn't Elliot refuse to sign a contract thus giving Fulham, the club that brought him through and gave him every opportunity, a chance to get a decent fee.

Fabio didn't.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 24, 2024, 03:39:08 PM
Quote from: Luka on April 24, 2024, 03:30:21 PM

Fabio didn't.

Yep, yet still gets a good reception. I think people just need to acknowledge, that Elliots getting pelters for his antics off the pitch which I think almost everyone would agree is simply wrong, even when you factor in age (and perhaps let him off for which is fine). He still did pretty horrible things and the boo's are likely coming from there compared to say, him simply leaving.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I think that after all this discussion we should remember that he was only a Fulham player for a couple of years. We did give him his first team chance but he was hardly a part of the Fulham family.Like O'rielly his wish to leave was known well in advance of his eventual departure. In no way is this excusing his antics.

Angus Telford

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 24, 2024, 12:17:19 PM

I don't really know how you can come to that conclusion when 3 of those offences mentioned, there's photographic/video evidence of......

Ok, well I'll eat my words if/when the CPS bring charges against him.

terryr

I suppose putting his Fulham shirt on EBAY the minute he got the Liverpool deal may have something to do with the fan's animosity towards him

LC

Quote from: terryr on April 24, 2024, 07:07:29 PM
I suppose putting his Fulham shirt on EBAY the minute he got the Liverpool deal may have something to do with the fan's animosity towards him

I wasn't aware of that

Willham

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 23, 2024, 03:29:32 PMWhile I think barracking players is never a good thing. Just because a player is 16 or however old doesn't give him an excuse to act badly or insult fans, his employer or act like an idiot. I get a bit fed up with people making excuses for ill disciplined behaviour because of age.

However that goes for fans as well as players.

Wholly agree,
Like when people justify diving and going down easily, 'I've told my lads feel a touch and go down, it's just a part of the game"

I really don't like it.