watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4 games left, Should just give the first team a rest now,

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, April 22, 2024, 11:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Well I may well bump this thread if In 6 months we are in a relegation battle and folk are complaining that the players look tired, especially the ones playing in the Euros and Olympics.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2024, 08:26:27 AM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 23, 2024, 08:19:50 AMEcho the above re palhinha. If he gets booked and there are games to go, it would be ridiculous to start him and risk a 3 game suspension at the start of next year

👍⚽️
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2024, 08:26:27 AM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 23, 2024, 08:19:50 AMEcho the above re palhinha. If he gets booked and there are games to go, it would be ridiculous to start him and risk a 3 game suspension at the start of next year

👍⚽️

Or not. A few more yellow cards and a hefty suspension would possibly put off potential suitors.  Fulham are under no pressure to reduce his sale price because of his discplinary record.  Also we have the Reed/Lukic combo to cover suspensions.

Lighthouse

Not sure we need the wholesale changes. Players can often fall flat without playing and turn up next season still flat. However the side looks stale and unimpressive. Personally the players we are going to lose anyway I would rest. Plus a few others need a run out and the way we have been playing we need a bit of enthusiastic endeavour from fresh minds and legs.

But Silva needs a break as well. It has been a long old season. With Boa off there are changes in the wind anyway.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

btffc

Don't think we need to make any changes with the exception of the aforementioned Palhinha yellow card situation. As soon as he gets 14, he should be done for the season.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 23, 2024, 09:50:09 PMWell I may well bump this thread if In 6 months we are in a relegation battle and folk are complaining that the players look tired, especially the ones playing in the Euros and Olympics.
And also if halfway through next season we still haven't got a great Centre half pairing because Tosin had left and the Diop/Bassey partnership doesn't work and we are only finding that out then but maybe Marco knows it already.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Thailand Mick on April 24, 2024, 04:45:17 AM
Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on April 23, 2024, 09:50:09 PMWell I may well bump this thread if In 6 months we are in a relegation battle and folk are complaining that the players look tired, especially the ones playing in the Euros and Olympics.
And also if halfway through next season we still haven't got a great Centre half pairing because Tosin had left and the Diop/Bassey partnership doesn't work and we are only finding that out then but maybe Marco knows it already.

The fact Tosin is still playing tells me Marco really believes he may stay.

Sting of the North

You can do that of course. Personally though, I believe that whether or not some players get a couple of days off in May won't make any real difference. It will be the Internationals during the summer that will be the problem in any case, but mostly that problem will be that the participating players arrive late for pre-season. I think this is solution to a non-existant problem, or maybe rather a non-solution to an actual problem (the summer internationals).

In any case, I am not a fan of waving a white flag in competitive games since that defeats the purpose of the sport, and is an insult to fans and opposing teams. In my opinion.

Woolly Mammoth

The Premier League is a competition which means if Fulham have entered this competition which they have, then they have to compete with their strongest available team.

That is their obligation to the paying supporters including the season ticket holders who bought theirs in advance.
Half the players do not even get round to playing a full game, so why would they feel tired.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

As far as I can tell only five players will be picked for their international team. Palhinha and Castagne will be starting for their international sides in Euro 24, Leno goes as number 3 goalkeeper. Robinson and Ream will be in the Olympics.

Who would you drop?

filham

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on April 23, 2024, 05:57:53 PMLet's have the fun team. Cairney, Willian, Traore, maybe even Tete and a sprinkling of Harrison Reed
That sounds really good to me, each one a crowd pleaser.

ffc73

I thought our first team had a rest last Sunday. They should all be raring to go for the last 4x games.

They & Marco keep banging on about finishing on a high & winning every available point. I'm seeing us limply finishing the season & possibly dropping down the table.

WindyCity

Quote from: ffc73 on April 24, 2024, 10:15:46 PMI thought our first team had a rest last Sunday. They should all be raring to go for the last 4x games.
They & Marco keep banging on about finishing on a high & winning every available point. I'm seeing us limply finishing the season & possibly dropping down the table.

Yeah, that's my fear also.  Palace playing excellent football right now and look to overtake us in the table.  Time for a solid home performance this weekend, but will take a huge effort v Palace.

MickTheBeard

As I have said I'm glade I went to West Ham away could be our last win of the season which makes next summer a very important transfer window,especially the ones that might be going and finding younger replacements,we keep buying 27 year olds 4 years later they are worthless how about 22 and 23 year olds Bassey the only one.Come on fulham move forward,it looks to me all the money we spent 3years plus and years before we waisted money on transfers is coming back to haunt us as we are now trying to plug gaps with 27 year olds the clock is clicking hope it's not next season.

Colton F.C.

Surely those paying some of the highest ticket prices in the Premier League will be demanding value for money and expect the strongest possible XI to line up at KO.

St Eve

We must play our best 11 and aim for 12 points. When we are 3 or 4 up against City then we can bring on some fringe players