watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Everton playing how Fulham should have approached Liverpool

Started by Nick Bateman, April 24, 2024, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

I know it's early days but Everton have come out of the traps and are fairly dominant against Liverpool in a true local derby, unlike that farce yesterday.

Fulham played like the away team, allowing Liverpool to be unchallenged at the back. Everton have been on the front physically and tactically.

They've just taken the lead.

Liverpool look rattled and riled. Gnasher is giving the fourth official an ear-bashing!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Somerset Fulham

I do actually agree with you here. I was surprised at how passive we were against them, especially given the team that they had put out.

sarnian

Everton unlike us are a very physical team and using it to their advantage.

Super Mick

Liverpool obviously scored worldies against us, while are atrocious against everyone else.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: sarnian on April 24, 2024, 08:43:57 PMEverton unlike us are a very physical team and using it to their advantage.

It's the attitude. Everton are different to Fulham, we play the beautiful game as it was meant to be. But one still has to do the hard work, the running, harrying, and chasing down their defenders. And leaving out Tom Cairney is the same as when Pep drops Kevin De Bryne. TC makes Fulham tick!

Steeeeeeeeeed

sarnian

Quote from: Nick Bateman on April 24, 2024, 09:08:26 PM
Quote from: sarnian on April 24, 2024, 08:43:57 PMEverton unlike us are a very physical team and using it to their advantage.

It's the attitude. Everton are different to Fulham, we play the beautiful game as it was meant to be. But one still has to do the hard work, the running, harrying, and chasing down their defenders. And leaving out Tom Cairney is the same as when Pep drops Kevin De Bryne. TC makes Fulham tick!

The last time Pep dropped De Byrne it resulted in Foden scoring a hat trick.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

And on another note just our luck to be playing Crystal Palace when they are on a hot streak!

sarnian

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 24, 2024, 09:37:31 PMAnd on another note just our luck to be playing Crystal Palace when they are on a hot streak!

Being Fulhamish that means we will probably win.

demeant0r

Jurgen Klopp getting his comeuppance at Goodison Park has made my day :slap: I wonder what excuses he's going to give tonight for not performing.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: demeant0r on April 24, 2024, 10:29:19 PMJurgen Klopp getting his comeuppance at Goodison Park has made my day :slap: I wonder what excuses he's going to give tonight for not performing.

Please have some sympathy for Mr Klopp...it can't be easy for him - having to wear someone else's teeth

demeant0r

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 24, 2024, 10:59:18 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on April 24, 2024, 10:29:19 PMJurgen Klopp getting his comeuppance at Goodison Park has made my day :slap: I wonder what excuses he's going to give tonight for not performing.

Please have some sympathy for Mr Klopp...it can't be easy for him - having to wear someone else's teeth

It is unbearably white. He didn't give any excuses but when they don't perform vs us, it's "their pitch was too dry" :slap:

Nick Bateman

perry geyton

It should of been us who ruined they're  chances but we rolled over instead,,,,was so disappointing

Happy at least Everton got to ruin they're fun

RaySmith

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 24, 2024, 10:59:18 PM

Shame when you can only afford one size/colour fits all teeth off of Ebay!

RaySmith

I thought we did well to play ourselves back into the game  v Liverpool, in the first half, and created  a number of good shooting chances, but always off target, but we finished the half on equal terms, and could feel positive about the  second half, but then they took an early lead.

WE seemed slack defensively, making errors but they they poured numbers forward in their press, to stop us setting up our attacks.

Don't think there was that much in it, just didn't work out for us on the day - maybe they had extra motivation - not that our players didn't want  it consciously, but they were playing for a last chance at the title, maybe gave them an edge.

bobbo

We were a bit submissive whereas Everton really had the bit between their teeth and harassed their every move , they so deserved the win on their massive work rate alone .
Many on here despise Everton but I've always liked them it's the underdog situation I guess.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Nick Bateman

Once we brought Tom Cairney on the whole game settled in our favour, and we could have scored a 2nd (Tosin got in the way of an overhead kick from Muniz which would have been a goal).

FreiBird

Aspiring to play like Sean Dyche, we are blessed the fans have absolutely no say in how we play.