watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Season ticket renewals 24/25

Started by Takemehome27, April 26, 2024, 02:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Has the under 22 concession been discontinued does anyone know? My daughters ticket has gone from £150 to £473 the same as mine.

hovewhite

If I decide to renew mine has stayed the same £390.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: hovewhite on April 27, 2024, 06:50:58 PMIf I decide to renew mine has stayed the same £390.

Then your bloody lucky 🤣
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

3rdgenfan

Quote from: cookieg on April 27, 2024, 10:18:37 AM
Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on April 26, 2024, 10:55:44 PMHow will your children get in if they don't have a mobile . Also the 4g or 5g networks around craven cottage are really really bad non existent. This needs addressing quick otherwise I see complete and utter chaos at the turnstiles. You should be able to choose if you want a season ticket card or not . Ridiculous

You download the ticket to your phone and it is stored in your wallet. WiFi has nothing to do with it.

If this is the system they will use then it might be possible to take a screenshot and send that to someone to use.

The club need to make things clear as it seems a number of season ticket holders are waiting for clarification before renewing

Angus Telford

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on April 26, 2024, 03:51:52 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 26, 2024, 03:32:18 PMA good slap in the face for the moaners and whingers claiming that prices were going to go up by 20%.  Given our demographic it will be interesting to see how digital ticketing will go. I suspect that there will be a significant number of STHs who don't have a smart phone or aren't proficient in using one.

Take it you are aware there was a large price increase last year, and the fact the 'moaners and groaners' may have made a difference keeping it down.

This is undoubtedly 100% accurate.

We now also need the same moaners and groaners to lobby the club to ensure STs remain free to use by unnamed friends and family, otherwise a lot of people will be f*****.

And then to push back on the 15k cap.

fulhamtom

Just having bought a new phone and transferred apps across I've had 2 phones working on my home broadband. Could I use my older phone to save the card details and a family or friend could use my old phone. Do you think this would work as is won't have internet access at the ground?

Carborundum

Further clarification clearly needed and the club will need to respond.

There's some prospect that the final arrangements will lead many season ticket holders to the conclusion that they want to put their season ticket on a "burner phone" so as to operate their own friends and family arrangements without troubling the club.  If that happens there's going to be some rather significant problems come matchday.  Mr Bishop won't know whether he is coming or going.

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

I popped an email to Ticket Office over the weekend to advise them that I wish to renew but don't own a compatible phone.  Reply from club is  "We can confirm more information will be coming out in the summer regarding digital tickets. We will ensure that the fans who do not own a smartphone are accommodated accordingly".

Not good enough !  Thus, I have sent the following.....

"Good morning, thanks for your reply.

Right, let's try again, shall we ?

I am NOT interested in a woolly "we'll let you know in the summer" answer as to how Season Ticket holders without a smartphone will be accommodated.

The Club have clearly been planning to make this move for some time, so MUST ALREADY KNOW what sort of alternative method will be be offered to other supporters.  As I see it you have two options - either you continue to issue a card to those who require one, or you email 'print at home' tickets on a match by match basis.  So what will it be ?

It amazes me that football clubs continually preach about how they embrace equality and diversity, yet are now going the road of discriminating various supporters on their choice of mobile phone !

I want a PROPER answer to my original question please, and I want it TODAY, not in two months' time"

I await their answer with interest !!!

_Putney_

Quote from: Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit on April 29, 2024, 10:05:07 AMI popped an email to Ticket Office over the weekend to advise them that I wish to renew but don't own a compatible phone.  Reply from club is  "We can confirm more information will be coming out in the summer regarding digital tickets. We will ensure that the fans who do not own a smartphone are accommodated accordingly".

I am NOT interested in a woolly "we'll let you know in the summer" answer as to how Season Ticket holders without a smartphone will be accommodated.

The Club have clearly been planning to make this move for some time, so MUST ALREADY KNOW what sort of alternative method will be be offered to other supporters.  As I see it you have two options - either you continue to issue a card to those who require one, or you email 'print at home' tickets on a match by match basis.  So what will it be ?

It amazes me that football clubs continually preach about how they embrace equality and diversity, yet are now going the road of discriminating various supporters on their choice of mobile phone !

I want a PROPER answer to my original question please, and I want it TODAY, not in two months' time"

I'm sure their answer will meet the same kindess you've given them.

I, too, am interested in their response and may also send them a message - though I might have a more reserved tone.

FFCAli

Doesn't the club understand that people need to know how the digital ticketing will work before they decide whether or not to renew? 

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

All I want is a straight answer to a straight question.  They're expecting me to part with around £500, yet can't tell me how I will be admitted to the ground.

I asked the question, politely, once (in a reserved/appropriate tone in my initial email), and got a 'non-answer'.  So I've asked the question again, this time including sub-titles for the hard of thinking. I'm not prepared to accept 'we'll let you know in a couple of months' as an acceptable answer.

If you sit on the fence in life all you get is splinters up your @rse.

sarnian

Quote from: Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit on April 29, 2024, 10:51:01 AMAll I want is a straight answer to a straight question.  They're expecting me to part with around £500, yet can't tell me how I will be admitted to the ground.

I asked the question, politely, once (in a reserved/appropriate tone in my initial email), and got a 'non-answer'.  So I've asked the question again, this time including sub-titles for the hard of thinking. I'm not prepared to accept 'we'll let you know in a couple of months' as an acceptable answer.

If you sit on the fence in life all you get is splinters up your @rse.

What's the problem?   The club clearly state that if you do not own a smartphone they will make alternative arrangements. There is no reason for anybody not to renew.

Jim©

Quote from: Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit on April 29, 2024, 10:05:07 AMI popped an email to Ticket Office over the weekend to advise them that I wish to renew but don't own a compatible phone.  Reply from club is  "We can confirm more information will be coming out in the summer regarding digital tickets. We will ensure that the fans who do not own a smartphone are accommodated accordingly".

Wow, some poor bugger at the ticket office has to deal with Mr Angry, when the truth is they were probably never even involved in the decision that has got you so riled up.
It's very clear when the club states that alternative arrangements will be made- can't we take them at their word on that one?

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

What's the problem?   The club clearly state that if you do not own a smartphone they will make alternative arrangements. There is no reason for anybody not to renew.
[/quote]

The problem is they should be able to advise supporters NOW what the alternative will be. It's all well & good saying "We're switching to a different system, but not all supporters will be able to use it" but adding "For those of you who can't use it, we'll let you know two months down the line".

When the Club can advise me PROPERLY as to how this system will work, I'll trust them.

cookieg

Quote from: 3rdgenfan on April 27, 2024, 08:05:15 PM
Quote from: cookieg on April 27, 2024, 10:18:37 AM
Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on April 26, 2024, 10:55:44 PMHow will your children get in if they don't have a mobile . Also the 4g or 5g networks around craven cottage are really really bad non existent. This needs addressing quick otherwise I see complete and utter chaos at the turnstiles. You should be able to choose if you want a season ticket card or not . Ridiculous

You download the ticket to your phone and it is stored in your wallet. WiFi has nothing to do with it.

If this is the system they will use then it might be possible to take a screenshot and send that to someone to use.

The club need to make things clear as it seems a number of season ticket holders are waiting for clarification before renewing

Or you just forward the ticket in your wallet to someone via WhatsApp. It is easy to do. That other person would then have that ticket and could use it again which could stop the touts as they couldn't then block it to stop that person using it again. They would have to give a phone to someone and then take it off them after the game.

cookieg

Would the children's ticket not be on the phone of their parent who would be accompanying them to the game?

cookieg

Quote from: Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit on April 29, 2024, 11:23:46 AMWhat's the problem?   The club clearly state that if you do not own a smartphone they will make alternative arrangements. There is no reason for anybody not to renew.

The problem is they should be able to advise supporters NOW what the alternative will be. It's all well & good saying "We're switching to a different system, but not all supporters will be able to use it" but adding "For those of you who can't use it, we'll let you know two months down the line".

When the Club can advise me PROPERLY as to how this system will work, I'll trust them.

[/quote]

I guess you will just have to take pot luck then that your seats are still available when you get an answer that suits your needs.   

sarnian

Question.  If you renew your season ticket today do you get the option of an immediate download to your phone or will this only be available at a later date?

If later that solves Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit problems as everyone will have to be patient.

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

Quote from: sarnian on April 29, 2024, 11:35:41 AMQuestion.  If you renew your season ticket today do you get the option of an immediate download to your phone or will this only be available at a later date?

If later that solves Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit problems as everyone will have to be patient.

Club appears to be saying that info on downloading tickets will also be issued later in the summer.  It all seems to me to be somewhat ill thought out.  All as clear as mud, THAT'S the issue I have with a lack of information.

Southcoastffc

I hope that/wonder if this issue has parallels with the concerns surrounding season ticket prices - despite all the concerns and angst, the eventual outcome seems to have been largely satisfactory.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.