watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in vs Crystal Palace

Started by SerbianLad, April 27, 2024, 02:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Willian on the bench isn't ideal. No Tosin means the stories are true.

The Cravenette

demeant0r

Seems like the stories are true. I'd be really angry with Marco if Tosin was on the team sheet at all.

love4ffc

Captain Reed!  Good luck to him and Fulham  ::scarf::
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

demeant0r

Also it's BDR playing on the left? That's not one of his stronger positions, especially since we have Willian available.

Texas White

They should have dropped Tosin a month ago

btffc

Quote from: demeant0r on April 27, 2024, 02:04:09 PMAlso it's BDR playing on the left? That's not one of his stronger positions, especially since we have Willian available.

Willian is probably only cleared for like 30 minutes

Lighthouse

I think it is as good team selection if we put in a good performance and I will praise the manager. If it feels like a lazy performance and we are easily beaten it is a bad team selection and I blame the manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

I just want to see, whatever the result, a performance from our players that show me they have left everything on the pitch.

Sadly, recently, I've not felt I've seen that.

SerbianLad

Quote from: demeant0r on April 27, 2024, 02:04:09 PMAlso it's BDR playing on the left? That's not one of his stronger positions, especially since we have Willian available.
I don't get why both BDR and Iwobi keep their places... If Willian isn't fit enough to start I would have prefered to see Adama given a shot. I like both Iwobi and BDR, but the former is in very poor run of form and the latter, while in my opinion great in the first half of the previous match, isn't better than Adama.

Diop inclusion makes sense and there isn't a huge gap between Reed/Lukic/Cairney in their overall quality, in my opinion, they are just all great at different things. Player of Reed's profile might well be best suited for a team like Palace.

So Iwobi/BDR is the only problem I have with that lineup.

Surlyc

Happy to finally see Diop over Tosin. The difference between them is marginal and Diop really deserves his chance.

Disappointed not to see Cairney start, but I think it is good to change up from Lukic.

I thought BDR was good last week, but I would like Wilson to get a chance over the last few games. We likely need to upgrade on one of them, so we should try and work out who.

demeant0r

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 27, 2024, 02:11:23 PM
I don't get why both BDR and Iwobi keep their places... If Willian isn't fit enough to start I would have prefered to see Adama given a shot. I like both Iwobi and BDR, but the former is in very poor run of form and the latter, while in my opinion great in the first half of the previous match, isn't better than Adama.

Diop inclusion makes sense and there isn't a huge gap between Reed/Lukic/Cairney in their overall quality, in my opinion, they are just all great at different things. Player of Reed's profile might well be best suited for a team like Palace.

True, I don't know why Traore never gets a start. He's probably getting such in playing but-part roles.

bog

Glad to see Harrison back! COYW!  ::scarf::

ianthailand

Quote from: Texas White on April 27, 2024, 02:04:22 PMThey should have dropped Tosin a month ago
And then we would have said we've lost what chance we had of resigning him - can't win.

ffc73

Interesting Broja has been selected over Raul.  The former is not likely to be with us next season whilst Raul is under contract.

I'm probably reading too much into it but if Raul is fit, interesting sub-plot or difference with reported Tosin situation.

SerbianLad

Quote from: ffc73 on April 27, 2024, 02:20:45 PMInteresting Broja has been selected over Raul.  The former is not likely to be with us next season whilst Raul is under contract.

I'm probably reading too much into it but if Raul is fit, interesting sub-plot or difference with reported Tosin situation.
Definitely interesting. I see three possible reasons for this:
1)Raul is injured
2)Raul is leaving at the end of the season as well and we can still pay less for Broja for the appearence bonuses or Marco prefers Broja
3)Raul is fit and staying next season but Marco prefers Broja

ianthailand

Quote from: SerbianLad on April 27, 2024, 02:34:06 PM
Quote from: ffc73 on April 27, 2024, 02:20:45 PMInteresting Broja has been selected over Raul.  The former is not likely to be with us next season whilst Raul is under contract.

Definitely interesting. I see three possible reasons for this:
1)Raul is injured
2)Raul is leaving at the end of the season as well and we can still pay less for Broja for the appearence bonuses or Marco prefers Broja
3)Raul is fit and staying next season but Marco prefers Broja
4) Raul has strangled himself putting on his head protector.

H4usuallysitting

H4usuallysitting

Drewry66

Quote from: demeant0r on April 27, 2024, 02:13:29 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on April 27, 2024, 02:11:23 PM

True, I don't know why Traore never gets a start. He's probably getting such in playing but-part roles.

I just don't think he trusts him defensively and that is why he barely plays. He has however had a whole season to work on this in training with him. Seems a complete waste to be paying his very high wages to use him for 10 mins in the odd game. As you say with Willian out and Iwobi off form surely a day to try it. Having said that their wingers are their strength so assuming he wants to give the full backs cover.