watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (26.01.11)

Started by White Noise, January 25, 2011, 10:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://thechelseablog.org/2011/01/25/kakuta-off-to-fulham-do-youngsters-really-figure-in-carlos-plans/

Kakuta Off To Fulham: Do Youngsters Really Figure In Carlo's Plans?

Posted on January 25th, 2011

by Chelsea D

Back in April 2009, there was lots of interest around Gael Kakuta, then slightly more attention in September of that year when FIFA slapped their ridiculous transfer ban on us for some nonsense Lens fed them. Did we let him go then though? Nope, we held onto him until now, when our squad is already far smaller than it should be.

As ever though, Chelsea being the law unto themselves that they are, are letting him have a medical right now in preparation for a loan move to Fulham for the rest of the season.

Now I'm not suggesting he'd be a regular for us right now or even get much in the way of playing time - god forbid we should really take our youngsters seriously - I just find it mystifying that we continue to keep farming players out on loan without considering our already depleted resources.

I'm sure Kakuta himself is happy enough, he's only managed 4 starts this season for us anyway, but knowing what usually happens once a player of ours goes out on loan, you'd have to wonder about his long-term future at Chelsea now.

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3371346/Steve-Sidwell-ready-for-Fulham-debut.html

Sidwell is standing by

Published: Today

STEVE SIDWELL is set to make his full debut at Anfield tonight.

Fulham's new signing from Aston Villa is in line to replace Dickson Etuhu against Liverpool should the midfielder not recover from a hamstring injury.

Sidwell, 28, saw moves to Wolves and West Ham fall through before arriving at Craven Cottage.

He said: "This was a long time coming as I was hoping to come here in the summer.

"A fee was agreed but when Roy Hodgson left everything was up in the air. So I'm delighted to finally be a Fulham player."

London-born Sidwell added: "I can't deny the fact the chance to move back south was a key factor. Now I'm looking to show what I can do."

White Noise

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853766-zoltan-gera-considering-fulham-exit-as-blackpool-join-potential-suitors#Scene_1

Zoltan Gera 'considering Fulham exit as Blackpool join potential suitors'

Blackpool have been linked with a move for Fulham's Zoltan Gera as manger Ian Holloway plans for life after Charlie Adam.

Left chasing: Zoltan Gera has been kept on Fulham's bench and wants out of Craven Cottage (Pic: Getty Images)

Gera has become disgruntled at Craven Cottage with manager Mark Hughes struggling to find room for him in the squad.

The Hungarian's contract runs out in the summer and Italian side Sampadoria have already come knocking for the talented winger.

While Gera won't provide Holloway with an Adam type box-to-box midfielder, the 31-year-old would sure up Blackpool's right flank and add a wealth of top-flight experience.

Attack has been Holloway's philosophy this season and the Seasider's are reported to be considering changing their line-up to play Frenchman Ludovic Sylvestre in Adam's position with Gera taking over the right from Elliot Grandin.

Fulham fans have pleaded for Gera to stay. However, plans to bring in Chelsea's Gael Kakuta on-loan for the rest of the season means the Hungarian's competition for game time will become even more intense.

Adam's transfer, which could skyrocket to £14million would leave Blackpool in a good position to sign Gera, who is valued at around £4million.

Gera's agent Vladan Filipovic confirmed a move was being pondered, telling Nemzeti Sport: 'I talk with Zolly every day, who is frustrated, because he plays less.

'I hope his future will be sorted in a few days, and he changes club.

'I negotiated about him with Fulham's directors, because there are clubs which would pay for him.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853766-zoltan-gera-considering-fulham-exit-as-blackpool-join-potential-suitors#ixzz1C8nP9baz

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6702263,00.html

Fulham reject Gera bid

Italians fail in move for Hungarian

By Pete O'Rourke   

Last updated: 26th January 2011   

Gera: Italian interest

Fulham have turned down a bid from Sampdoria for Zoltan Gera, skysports.com understands.

Gera's future at Fulham has been the subject of conjecture with his current contract due to expire in the summer.

A number of clubs at home and abroad are thought to be keeping tabs on Gera's situation at Craven Cottage with the Hungarian yet to agree a new deal.

Gera is thought to be considering his future at Fulham with the player struggling to hold down a regular place in Mark Hughes' starting XI this season

Sampdoria are believed to have tested Fulham's resolve to keep hold of the 31-year-old by making a firm offer for the versatile attacker, only for their bid to be snubbed.

It remains to be seen if the Italian side will come back with an improved offer for Gera before the close of the transfer window with a host of other sides also weighing up a bid for Fulham's player of the season last term.

White Noise

Anfield Brief

Wednesday 26th January 2011

Liverpool v Fulham, Barclays Premier League

Wednesday 26th January 2011, 8pm

Fulham travel to Anfield this evening for the rearranged Premier League fixture against Liverpool, after the original match was postponed in mid-December due to heavy snowfall.

Although we are yet to win a League game at Anfield, we have gained a point on four of the nine visits since we regained top-flight status in 2001, including both of the past two seasons when resolute defensive displays earned goalless draws.

Since the original fixture date there have been dramatic events for the Reds with the departure of manager Roy Hodgson who had been in charge for just six months. Kop hero Kenny Dalglish, who previously starred for Liverpool as a player and managed the club between 1985 and 1991, has been appointed caretaker boss in Roy's place, reportedly for the remainder of the season.

In his previous Anfield tenure Dalglish guided Liverpool to three Football League titles and two FA Cup successes, including a double in his first season. However, within hours of his return, Liverpool exited the FA Cup, losing 1-0 at Old Trafford, and suffering a double blow with the first-half dismissal of skipper Steven Gerrard.

Former Whites boss Hodgson had endured a torrid time on Merseyside, not helped by the club's worst start to a League season in 57 years. The late autumn seemed to offer some respite as a home victory over Blackburn in October heralded an improvement in form which saw 16 points gained from the next eight games, coupled with relatively comfortable progress to the knockout stages of the Europa League.

Despite the improvement in form however, Hodgson never appeared to have the support of the Koppites and when the festive period produced only one win in three games, and included a home defeat against bottom club Wolves, the renewed call for change was swiftly sated.

Ticket Information:

Tickets will be available to buy on the gate| (cash only and no concessions).

Adults - £39
Over 65s - £29.50
Under 17s - £19.50

Please note:

Match tickets purchased for the original fixture are valid for the re-arranged fixture, as are any official Club coach travel tickets purchased.

Ground Details:

Address: Anfield Road, Liverpool, L4
Telephone: 0151 263 2361
Capacity: 45,362
Visitors Section: Anfield Road Lower Tier
Disabled Fans: Anfield Road Stand

Getting To Anfield: (Approx. 223 miles from Fulham)

One of the most historic grounds in world football, Anfield, has been the home of Liverpool since 1892 and provides a wonderfully atmospheric setting for any football match.

Coaches:
Depart Motspur Park at 12.30pm / Craven Cottage at 1pm
Season Ticket Holder Adults £22, Juniors £12
Non Season Ticket Holder Adults £27, Juniors £20

By Road:

Leave London via M1 or M40/M42/M5 to join M6. Continue on M6 until junction 21A. Follow signs Liverpool to junction 4. Continue ahead onto A5080 turning right in 0.5 miles into Queen's Drive (A5058). Follow Queen's Drive for approx 3 miles before turning left into Townsend Lane. In 1 mile turn right into Walton Breck Road then fourth right into Anfield Road. Ground is ahead on the left.

Car Parking:

A number of small car parks are available in local schools and clubs. Prices from £6. Almost all roads within a mile of the stadium are residents only and this is strictly enforced by local police. Keep valuables out of sight.

By Train:

As this is a midweek game return train travel is not possible on the evening of the game. For those planning an overnight stay, travel from London Euston to Liverpool Lime Street. The station is more than two miles from the ground. Buses run from Queens Square and Paradise Street to ground. Taxi from Lime Street from £6. Travellers are advised to check train details before travelling.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/LiverpoolPreview.aspx#ixzz1C8pBIdgU

White Noise

Fulham v Tottenham tickets

The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON

Sunday 30 January

Kick-Off 16:30

Supporters should note that the Ticket Office will open at 10:30 on the day of the match.

Buy tickets online|

On-sale dates
Season Ticket Holders  On sale (Max 4 tickets)
Fulham Club Members On sale (Max 4 tickets)
Previous Purchasers On sale (Max 4 tickets)
Loyalty points: 2 (more info)| 

Supporters on the Automatic Home Cup Scheme will have their tickets added to their Season Ticket Card for this fixture. If your payment details have changed, please contact the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 (option 3).

How to Buy Tickets
buy tickets online  - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day. Save on booking fees by booking online*
by phone on 0843 208 1234 (option 1) - 7 days a week, 24 hrs a day
in person from the Ticket Office: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; non-match day Sat 10am-12pm
by fax 0207 384 4810 (download printable form )
by postal application to FFC Ticket Office, Stevenage Road, Fulham, SW6 6HH enclosing a stamped addressed envelope (download printable form )
Seatwave - the official fan-to-fan ticket exchange * Lower booking fees compared to telephone booking

Prices
NB: Blocks A and AL are a designated Family Area and are not available to  book online. To book, call the Ticket Office on 0843 208 1234 opt 3 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).

Stand   Adult   Conc    Junior 
Riverside   £35   £20   £10 
J Haynes   £35   £20   £10 
Hammersmith   £30   £20   £10 
Putney   £30   £20   £10 

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Games/TottenhamHome.aspx#ixzz1C8pWlueX

os5889

WhiteJC

http://fulham.theoffside.com/team-news/no-gera-for-you.html?

No Gera For You!

Before I talk about our Hungarian midfielder, I just wanted to say "thank you" to all who sent me positive emails, facebook messages & twitter comments. Back on January 17th, I was admitted to the hospital with what was initially thought to be a case of pneumonia but what turned out to be a bacterial infection in my blood. I spent one week in the hospital and was released this past Monday afternoon.

I gave updates from my hospital bed from time to time via twitter & facebook and trust me, the positive vibes I received from readers helped in my recovery. It will take awhile still before I'm 100%, but each day I'm feeling a little bit better.

Again, thank you so much for your support.

Now let's get back into the groove and talk transfer news. It's no secret that Zoltan Gera is not happy with his current playing situation with Mark Hughes and he's looking for an escape route. However, Fulham have squashed a transfer request from Italian club Sampdoria.

Sampdoria apparently made the club a substantial offer for Gera, which was promptly rejected. I believe Mark Hughes feels that Gera still holds a prominent place in Craven Cottage, due in large part to our lack of attacking options.

Gera's contract ends this summer and he very well may get his wish at that point. Until then, he'll continue to sport the white shirt & black shorts.

WhiteJC

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4780/2/fulham-told-wait-until-summer-striker-cisse?

Fulham told to wait until summer for striker Cisse

Papiss Demba Cisse will put a move to the Premier League on ice until the summer.

Fulham have been linked with a move for the Freiburg striker but it is understood there is a number of other Premier League clubs also in the hunt.

Having scored 15 goals in just 17 Bundesliga matches this season, Cisse's form has also alerted the interest of Juventus and Villarreal - but the striker is understood to favour a move to England.

But, although there has already been contact between Cisse's representatives and clubs from the Premier League, the striker has decided not to leave Freiburg until the summer.

Cisse is currently rated at around £6m but that could double if he keeps his prolific strike rate up until the end of the season.

WhiteJC

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23917574-well-cause-kenny-dalglish-plenty-of-problems-says-hughes.do?

We'll cause Kenny Dalglish plenty of problems, says Hughes

They were two great players who shared a golden era on the pitch, yet Fulham boss Mark Hughes insists he rarely had anything to do with Liverpool counterpart Kenny Dalglish.

Hughes can recall some heady matches against the Reds great from his days with Manchester United but said: "Kenny was always up the other end of the pitch from me. Thankfully I didn't have to go up against him in one-v-ones because he wasn't a bad player, by all accounts."

The Welshman grinned, knowing he and the Scot will certainly get up close and personal tonight when they stand in neighbouring technical areas at Anfield. Should Fulham achieve their first win in front of the Kop at the 30th time of asking, Hughes will have the satisfaction of seeing his side rise above Liverpool in the Premier League table on goal difference.

That will be a tough ask, with Steven Gerrard returning from suspension and the comprehensive trouncing of Wolves on Saturday suggesting that Liverpool's enigmatic stars are responding to Dalglish, which they pointedly failed to do when former Fulham manager Roy Hodgson was in charge.

Hughes admitted: "I know Kenny's been out of the game in terms of having a number one job and all that entails. But certainly he's been in and around football.

"Even when he was out of the game he still watched a hell of a lot of football at Premier League level and European level as well. So his knowledge base is without question. They've had the change, Kenny is a huge figure there and everybody seems to be back on board which possibly wasn't the case before.

"Maybe it's not the easiest time to go to Anfield because everybody there is on a high. But in saying that, so are we. We're playing well away from home, picking up points. And we don't concede many goals away from home.

"We can go there and we can play well because we know we've got the ability to cause them problems."

The weekend win over Stoke City saw Fulham bank their 10th point from a possible 15 and after a tepid start, not helped by a catalogue of injuries, Hughes at last looks like he's warming to the job at Craven Cottage.

"We're enjoying our football, I think that's pretty evident," he said. "We felt that we were playing reasonably well but we weren't getting any results. We're always judged by results and obviously it wasn't good enough in those terms. But we knew we were playing decent enough stuff, we just needed a cutting edge and in recent games we've been able to add that to good play."

The return of Andy Johnson, so fast on his feet, and Mousa Dembele, so clever in the head, have restored that edge up front, while Clint Dempsey's brace against Stoke means he has nine goals this season - already his best campaign at a Fulham.

Injuries remain a concern, with linchpin centre-half Aaron Hughes nursing a leg spasm and Dickson Etuhu suffering a hamstring strain that will keep him out of this game and almost certainly Sunday's FA Cup tie at home to Tottenham.

But against Stoke, newcomer Steve Sidwell made a solid debut as Etuhu's replacement alongside Danny Murphy at the heart of Fulham's midfield, with Hughes saying: "Steve acquitted himself really well. He's going to be really important for us from now to the end of the season."

So will Murphy, who tonight returns to the ground where he enjoyed so much success wearing a red shirt. Approaching his 34th birthday the former England international may be running low on leg fuel but his vision and passing remain of such a high standard that Hughes has offered his captain an extended contract.

Hughes said: "Danny is a big influence both on and off the field. We want him to stay, obviously. I'm very hopeful talks will be concluded quite soon. There is will on both sides to get it done and it usually happens quite quickly when that's the case."

Murphy said: "There is plenty to be positive about. But the most important thing is putting points on the board because we're still only just above the relegation zone. We want to be looking ahead, rather than behind."

Meanwhile, Fulham are close to concluding a loan deal with Chelsea for Gael Kakuta. The 19-year-old French striker signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract with the Blues last month but was an unused substitute in Monday's 4-0 win over Bolton.

It appears Hughes could miss out on Shaun Wright-Phillips with the Manchester City midfielder now being courted by Bolton.

WhiteJC

http://fulham.theoffside.com/team-news/the-cottagers-invade-anfield.html?

The Cottagers Invade Anfield

Mark Hughes' Black & White Army are set to invade Anfield today and if the stars align just right, the boys could make history.

Fulham have never won at Anfield and I remember at the time this fixture was originally scheduled, I actually liked our chances to nick a victory against a Liverpool side struggling under the leadership of Roy Hodgson. However, Liverpool have a new leader and are playing much better lately. So my the confidence I once had has been dashed a bit.

I do not believe that we're going to get that historic first Anfield win today, but that's not to say I believe we'll head back to Craven Cottage empty handed. I'm predicting a 1-1 draw, which I'm positive any Fulham supporter would take.

Clint Dempsey & Andy Johnson have both played solid football lately and I don't see that changing today. Some fans are worried about the fact that Dickson Etuhu & Aaron Hughes are both questionable today due to knocks suffered this past weekend. But I believe Steve Sidwell can more than fill the Etuhu void and we paid good money for Rafik Halliche, so it's high time he prove his value.

Often times, football is all about momentum and Fulham have positive momentum heading into today's clash. Despite all the flag waving & supporter singing, I believe our boys will play strong and earn a draw.  If you live in the United States, the match airs live on Fox Soccer Channel this afternoon.

My projected XI: Stockdale, Pantsil, Hangeland, Halliche, Baird, Dempsey, Murphy,Sidwell, Duff, Dembele, A.Johnson
COYW!

WhiteJC

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2011/01/bring_on_the_reds.php?

Bring On the Reds

© Getty Images

Is there ever a good time to be going to Anfield? Our record over the decades suggests not. Both sides were struggling badly when the big freeze hit a month ago. Where do we stand now?

Fulham and Liverpool both come into this fixture off the back of confidence boosting wins at the weekend. Both camps will feel better prepared for this re-arranged encounter than they were pre-Christmas. Of the two sides the sea change on Merseyside has been the greater, with our former manager's position becoming untenable and the return of 'King' Kenny.

It's now clear Roy Hodgson's appointment at Liverpool was undermined from the start. Not by the board, nor the fans - though there was much public resentment these fallen giants of the English game could not attract a bigger figure from world football. No, it was the Liverpool squad who collectively decided they weren't going to perform for Woy.

Hodgson's measured and pragmatic approach to addressing what had been a lengthy period of decline under Benitez was never going to sit with a Koppite mentality that Liverpool were one of Europe's elite, deserving by divine right of a place at the top table.

Recall how long it took Roy to turn us around in 2008? Nine games for his first win at the helm? Oh no, that was never going to be acceptable to board or fans of these former greats. The truth is that with Torres sulking and nursing his hamstrings, the increasingly error-prone Carragher at the heart of a creaking defence, and new signings needing time to settle, Liverpool actually found themselves in a relegation fight instead of pushing for a place in Europe.

The reality of Liverpool's decline has taken a long time to penetrate Scouse bravado, and Roy was an easy target to be tagged the scapegoat. A month ago Liverpool were humbled at home by Wolves, the result that saw Roy finally set on the path to the exit door. And you might have been tempted to feel last December would have been the perfect time to face a side beset by dischord.

Er yes, except that from the start of November on, beginning with a dreadfully limp performance at home to Villa, Fulham were absolute pants themselves! While our defensive unit remained sound, sterility from midfield and a complete lack of punch up front made us a soft touch.

Now we've turned it around, as Liverpool have. But...and here it comes, I'd rather have Hughes in my camp for the 2nd half of the season than Kenny Dalglish. That no master plan from the new Yank owners at Liverpool had been thought through was self-evident. Only a ship-to-shore message yanked Dalglish mid-cruise from his sunshine holiday in the Gulf. Kenny's been busting a gut to put out the fire at Anfield, but does he still know how to drive the fire engine???

Time will tell. Let's focus on Fulham. Getting a win at Anfield has been beyond us in 29 previous visits. I'm afraid I despaired of travelling up there some years ago. However, we managed typical Hodgson-style 0-0 draws on our last two visits plus there was a thumping 3-1 win over the Reds at home last season. Yes, Stevie is back from his ban, Torres is scoring again, but that defence still looks suspect to me. We've taken ten points from the last 15, our defensive record away from home is outstanding, and since January the side really looks like it has goals in it - from sources other than the mighty Clint.

For the first time in years I think we can walk under that 'This is Anfield' sign with the confidence to say, yes, 'This is Fulham' and we are a match for you guys in every department.

Depending on the outcome of late fitness tests I'm hoping disruption to the side will be minimal and Hughes sets us up to give it a real go. Make no mistake Kenny, you have a big job on your hands. We won't have massive support tonight, but a big shout out to all those making the effort. It could just be the night for a famous result in Fulham history. It's been that kind of year in the Prem.

COYW! Real supporters for life, not just a life-style...

Twitter@fulhamphil

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/LoanDeal.aspx

Kakuta Loan Deal

Fulham Football Club is delighted to confirm the loan signing of Gael Kakuta from Chelsea until the end of the 2010/11 season.

The 19-year old forward moved to Chelsea from French side Lens in 2007.

Born in Lille, Northern France, Gael is a highly-rated young player who has represented France at U16s level to right through to the current U20s squad.

He has scored 15 goals from 45 appearances for the France youth teams and helped France lift the U19s championship last summer

Kakuta recently signed a contract extension with Chelsea in December and has made appearances in five out of six of Chelsea's Champions League group matches this season.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/LoanDeal.aspx#ixzz1C9O5hzOy

WhiteJC

http://www.sportingpreview.com/matches/10111886.php?

LIVERPOOL v FULHAM
DALGLISH PLEASED BY JOHNSON

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has praised Glen Johnson and thinks he deserves to be applauded for his displays at left-back after switching from the right of defence.

Fulham visit Anfield tonight and Johnson is expected to retain his place in the Liverpool side.

Dalglish said: "Glen Johnson has been fantastic in the left-back position in the past three games. I don't recall anyone going past him.

"For me, he's doing us a favour. It's not really his chosen position. But he hasn't said a word against it, it's been no problem and he's just gone out and played.

"That's great and I think it just reflects his commitment and his attitude. The fact he is playing there and doing so well is a great credit to him.

"Also, he'll be thinking that Martin Kelly has done well (at right-back) and it would be unfair on him to leave him out."

Dalglish welcomes back Steven Gerrard after a three-match suspension following his sending-off in the FA Cup defeat by Manchester United, Dalglish's first game in charge after he was installed as caretaker-manager until the end of the season.

And he is delighted to be teaming up with Gerrard again.

Dalglish said: "He is a special person - he's not just a special footballer.

"The way he has served this club and what the club means to him - it is nothing short of fantastic. He's served this club unbelievably well and we will certainly ride along on the back of that.

"I don't have words in my vocabulary to be complimentary enough about Steven other than to say this club is much better off with him than it could be without him.

"Certainly he's more influential wearing a red shirt more than any colour. He deserves to be up there in the folklore and the history of the club. He is a fantastic footballer that we're very lucky to have at our disposal."

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6702846,00.html?

Fulham clinch Kakuta deal
Blues let French starlet join rivals

Fulham have completed the loan signing of Gael Kakuta from Premier League rivals Chelsea.

Kakuta has moved to Craven Cottage on loan for the remainder of the season after the 19-year-old passed a medical.

The French youngster is highly rated at Stamford Bridge and he signed a new long-term deal last month.

Chelsea have allowed Kakuta to go out on loan as he is well down the pecking order in Carlo Ancelotti's plans and Fulham boss Mark Hughes has moved quickly to bring him in to add to his attacking options.

Kakuta has not signed in time to be available for Wednesday's clash at Liverpool and he is also cup-tied for Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round tie with Tottenham.

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350716/Chelsea-confirm-Gael-Kakuta-joined-Fulham-loan-end-season.html?

Chelsea confirm Gael Kakuta has joined Fulham on loan until the end of the season
The 19-year-old winger completed his move this afternoon after passing a medical yesterday.

The deal was sealed after the squad left London for Wednesday's Barclays Premier League game at Liverpool, while Kakuta is also cup-tied for Sunday's FA Cup fourth-round clash with Tottenham.

He therefore would not be able to make his debut until next Tuesday's league game with Newcastle at Craven Cottage.

Fulham boss Mark Hughes last week revealed his interest in 19-year-old winger Kakuta, who signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract at Chelsea last month.

Hughes, who was also eyeing Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, said on Friday: 'He's a player I know and I like the qualities he has.'

He becomes Hughes' second January signing following the permanent capture of Steve Sidwell from Aston Villa.

France Under 20 international Kakuta was widely regarded as one of the brightest prospects in the game when he joined Chelsea from Lens in 2007.

He has made 16 appearances for the Blues but only five starts and was an unused substitute in Monday night's 4-0 win at Bolton.

He was at the centre of a major row in 2009 when he was accused of breaking his contract with Lens in order to join Chelsea.

He was subsequently banned for four months and given a fine of more than £670,000 by FIFA.

Chelsea were also fined and banned from any activity during two transfer windows, but the club appealed, claiming Kakuta did not have a valid contract with Lens.

The sanctions were lifted by the Court of Arbitration for Sport in February last year.

Kakuta has played for France at every level from Under 16 to Under 20 and in December 2009, aged 18, became the youngest ever player to represent Chelsea in the Champions League.

That came after he suffered a fractured ankle which had kept him out of action for six months.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350716/Chelsea-confirm-Gael-Kakuta-joined-Fulham-loan-end-season.html#ixzz1C9Z5F9QJ

WhiteJC

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/49656/Exclusive_Dalglish_battles_Hughes_and_Bruce_for_New_Adebayor.aspx?

Exclusive: Dalglish battles Hughes and Bruce for "New Adebayor"

Sport.co.uk understands that Sunderland, Fulham, and Liverpool are in a three-way battle to sign FC Cluj forward Lacina Traore while Aston Villa are also closely monitoring proceedings with the player's representative hopeful of his client finalising a deal with a Premier League club.

Sunderland have emerged as a new suitor for the giant Ivorian, dubbed the "New Emmanuel Adebayor," since the departure of Darren Bent, while Fulham's Mark Hughes and Liverpool's Kenny Dalglish have also stepped up their pursuit of 20-year-old.

Reports this morning had suggested Hughes had won the race to sign Traore, however the player's agent told Sport.co.uk that no deal had been concluded, with Liverpool and Sunderland still in the race for the front-man.

Traore has been watched closely by scouts from a number of top European clubs in the last 18 months including Bayern Munich, Arsenal, while the reds, Aston Villa, Cottagers and now, the Black Cats, are the latest sides to join the chase for the giant front-man.

"There is now a lot of interest for Lacina. The situation is that we have not received the right offer for him to leave FC Cluj at this time. Thomas Boehm told Sport.co.uk.

"There are plenty of talks between clubs, but nothing concrete. There is a lot of movement at the moment, and there are not many strikers of quality available. I am hopeful that we can conclude a deal, but remember while our goal is to bring him to the UK, there is interest from abroad.

The 20-year-old 6ft 8in striker was linked heavily with a move to Arsenal in last year's January window, however Gunner's boss Arsene Wenger ruled out making a move for a striker having purchased Moroccan hit-man Marouane Chamakh on a free transfer in the summer.

New Liverpool Director of Football Strategy Damien Commolli is an admirer of the forward and has had scouts watch the Ivorian, while Villa boss Gerard Houllier, Cottagers chief Mark Hughes, and now Steve Bruce are also among the interested parties.

The Ivorian, who has yet to be capped by Cote d'Ivoire, began his career at ASEC Mimosas under Jean Marc Guiilou, a close friend of Wenger who has helped develop the likes of Manchester City pair Kolo and Yaya Toure, Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboue, and Chelsea's Salomon Kalou.

WhiteJC

http://www.kopsource.com/2011/01/match-preview-liverpool-vs-fulham/?

Match Preview: Liverpool vs Fulham

Kenny Dalglish will look to make Anfield a fortress once again as he welcomes Steven Gerrard back into the fold against a travelling Fulham side. The influential skipper has had to sit out the dawn of Dalglish's new reign at the club, but will now have the chance to lead the team onto the hallowed turf for the first time under the Liverpool legend.
Dalglish has no new injuries to worry about as he looks to claim victory on his home ground for the first time since taking over. Steven Gerrard will replace Christian Poulsen in midfield while Glen Johnson will continue at left-back, leaving Paul Konchesky to warm the bench against his former club, if he even makes the squad.
Three points tonight will ensure that Liverpool climb the table and move up into seventh. However, despite the squad being lifted by Dalglish's presence, Mark Hughes will be looking to continue his fine form which saw Fulham beat Stoke last week:
"Maybe it's not the easiest time to go to Anfield because everybody there is on a high. But in saying that, so are we. We're playing well away from home, picking up points. And we don't concede many goals away from home.
"We can go there and we can play well because we know we've got the ability to cause them problems"
This game, then, looks to have all the makings of a scrappy, yet passionate display. Fulham will be looking to compound more misery on Liverpool, while Kenny will be hoping to lift the Reds from the ashes and set them on the right path.
Likely line-up: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Kuyt, Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles, Maxi, Torres

WhiteJC

http://live4liverpool.com/2011/01/view-from-the-kop/gerrard-jovanovic-both-available-whos-your-money-on?

GERRARD & JOVANOVIC BOTH AVAILABLE, WHO'S YOUR MONEY ON?

Liverpool and Fulham go into tonight's match after weekend successes against Wolves and Stoke respectively. Both teams seemed to have turned a corner after poor form. Steven Gerrard will be raring to go after completing his three match suspension for his sending off against Manchester United in the FA Cup, while winger Milan Jovanovic will be available again after illness. Lucas Leiva has recovered from a thigh strain and it looks likely that Gerrard will replace Christian Poulsen in the side. Jamie Carragher is now the only senior player sidelined with injury and he has taken part in light training in view to returning to first team action late next month. In regards to the match itself, who wouldn't bet against Fernando Torres continuing his rich vein of form in front of goal helping the Reds to a second straight win?

For Fulham, the London club are sweating over the fitness of both Aaron Hughes and Dickson Etuhu. The pair picked up hamstring injurys in Fulham's 2-0 win over Stoke on Saturday and Steven Sidwell is expected to make his full debut if Etuhu misses out. Algerian defender Rafik Halliche could also start in place of Hughes if the Northern Irish defender doesn't recover in time. Clint Dempsey scored twice against Stoke at the weekend and he will be a dangerman for Liverpool tonight.

Fulham have failed to score in 5 of their last 6 visits to Anfield but 4 of the last nine Premier League matches on Merseyside between the pair have ended 0-0. Considering the Reds have won 5 of their last seven at home though, it would be fair to bet on a home victory.

Liverpool Form: WLLDW
Fulham Form: WLWDW
Prediction: 2-0