News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who's Guilty - Dempsey, Pantsil or Stockers?

Started by White Noise, January 27, 2011, 02:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Guilty of what?

Losing us the game? It's a team sport, a team effort, and a team loss. end of.

Admin

Dempsey all day!! Don't know who he was trying to impress with that ball but he was either being lazy, to flash or simply far to casual. You can't blame Hughes for giving Torres to much room as he wasn't expecting it and Panstil, Stockdale were just unlucky scrambling for a ball that came from a very big mess.

Peabody

If you watch the replay on the Offal, when Liverpool cleared the ball of the line, that could have gone anywhere,it hit his shin and flew off, unluckily for us back into play.

Tom

I think you could blame all three. Bad play all around. Very unlucky!
Fulham for life!

NogoodBoyo

Difficult to blame any of them, but I will say that Pantsil makes me very uncomfortable.  Captain Mainwaring, Captain Panic (for the goal), Captain Rush-of blood-to-the -head for the rest of the game.  Pods were pushing him because they could see he was about to self-destruct - and he was trying to kick lumps out of them after his own goal.
We had a very calm defence last year.  This year he brings a tension that is palpable and dangerous.  I would greatly appreciate another right back.
Nogood "wishing, isit" Boyo
P.S.  But I wouldn't let that defelct from what I considered a really good team performance.  We went to Anfied and outplayed them for large portions of the game.  Terrific.

psand22

It was bad luck. Dempsey tried to lay the ball off, to someone that was looking forward and it got tipped and then and then...we've all seen it.  In my opinion, just a tough break.  If you've been on the back line with the ball ricocheting around and spinning, you know what can happen.  This time we were on the wrong end of it. 

BillNRoc

Demps made an ill-considered pass...but there were many of those yesterday, possibly fewer from Sidwell than usual from Etuhu. Our defense and keeper did not distinguish themselves from then on -- if the ball had bounced off the frame towards the corner, would we have escaped? Once it's behind Stockdale on the line, it's always more likely to go in than stay out. Rats, that's what I said at the time, again at full time, and again today. Of course, one could also wonder why Dembele twice failed to convert near-sitters...but that would be unduly negative.

Burt

Just one of those things. Flukey bad luck stuff. But then Torres was on-side when he was ruled off side, so these things even out in the overall scheme of things.

Bottom line though is that the lads can hold their heads high - it was a spirited performance, and we were unlucky to come away without a point.

Well done lads, roll on Spurs.

COYW!!

White Noise

Quote from: BillNRoc on January 27, 2011, 09:53:57 PM
Demps made an ill-considered pass...but there were many of those yesterday, possibly fewer from Sidwell than usual from Etuhu. Our defense and keeper did not distinguish themselves from then on -- if the ball had bounced off the frame towards the corner, would we have escaped? Once it's behind Stockdale on the line, it's always more likely to go in than stay out. Rats, that's what I said at the time, again at full time, and again today. Of course, one could also wonder why Dembele twice failed to convert near-sitters...but that would be unduly negative.

Yes its hard to keep calm when the ball is that close to the goal line. Nothing that can be learnt from such a passage of play from the players point of view - lets face it you could probably have the same thing happen another 20 times and in 19 cases Pantsil would clear but we sure have had some bad luck this season.

Welcome to FoF by the way. Good to see you on here and hope you enjoy posting and reading.  :54: