A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 Days Left - How Many More Signings - Vote Now

Started by White Noise, January 27, 2011, 08:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many more signings will we make this month?

Mr Fulham

Matt

Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

psand22

I'm going with 3 transfers in.  We've got Stoor and Elm out and only Sidwell going against the 25 man roster.  If I understand, Kakuta would not go against the roster, due to his age (please correct me, if wrong). So for sure, we've got one spot open and I feel Gera's transfer will open up another spot.  Not sure who will be the next one out the door, but I see Konch, and Lacina Traore coming in, and one more loan player coming in with an option to buy. I guess SWP will fill that spot with ManC caving in with a last minute deal. 

MrFFC

Come on you Whites!! :)

SmithyFFC

None, the Konch deal will fall through and we won't get that striker we all want  :doh:

On the brightside Sidwell and Kakuta will be quality  :045:
FTID

White Noise

Squad numbers 9 and 10 are still available so it must be the intention to sign at least 2 and maybe more????

White Noise

Here are 'The Mirror's' top 10 deals they expect to happen before the close of the window -

We're expecting plenty of big deals to go through before the transfer window closes at 11pm on Monday night. Here's the 10 biggest:

10) Phil Neville (Everton to Spurs)
He can play full-back and centre-midfield, he is a winner and, most significantly, he is a leader. Harry Redknapp has already had an initial approach dismissed but is about to put the set among the Everton pigeons with another approach. The word is, Neville wants to go.

9) Diego Forlan (Atletico Madrid to Spurs)
He's 31 but still has quality and would kick-start Tottenham's bid to stay in the top four. Atletico are skint and need to sell. The deal hinges on whether Tottenham can match Forlan's wages, which are around £90,000-£100,000-a-week.

8) Herita Ilunga (West Ham to Monaco)
The Congo left-back is now second choice at Upton Park following the arrival of £90,000-a-week Wayne Bridge and wants to play. Ilunga is not short of offers, with Turkey's Fenerbahce also keen.

7) Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan to Liverpool)
Liverpool need to strengthen on the left wing. Wigan say N'Zogbia can go at the right price. A £9million fee was agreed with Birmingham four days before last summer's deadline, only for the deal to break down over personal terms. N'Zogbia won't make that mistake with Liverpool.

6) Niko Kranjcar (Spurs to Werder Bremen)
One from left-field, but the Croatian needs to play and is not happy on the bench at White Hart Lane. Bremen have already made an approach to Tottenham and are likely to firm it up over the weekend.

5) Robbie Keane (Striker - Spurs to West Ham)
Unless he gets out of White Hart Lane, the 30-year-old will play more football in his back garden than he will for Tottenham. Noises coming out of the club suggest Keane will be omitted from Spurs' Champions League and even their 25-man Premier League squad if he is still at the club beyond the transfer deadline. West Ham need his quality and should airlift him out this weekend.

4) David Luiz (Benfica to Chelsea)
The Brazilian defender is quality. The trouble is, his club are well aware of it and believe they can squeeze a few quid extra out of billionaire Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich. The Russian has already offered £21.5m, plus a player going to Benfica on loan. But the two clubs can't agree on the player and Benfica say they want a big down-payment. Chelsea are simply biding their time over a player they need. A deal will be done.

3) Paul Konchesky (Liverpool to Fulham)
Konchesky believed it was too good to be true when his former Fulham boss Roy Hodgson took him to Anfield last summer. Sadly, it was. Liverpool fans declared themselves completely unimpressed with his ability, and since Kenny Dalglish's return he has been frozen out. As Konchesky has already played for Fulham this season he cannot move on to another club. But he can go back to Craven Cottage. A loan deal should be tied up shortly.

2) Charlie Adam (Blackpool to Liverpool)
Blackpool want £12million for a midfielder who has just 18 months left on his contract. Liverpool say he is worth considerably less. Blackpool are appalled at offers of £2.5m and £3.5m from Aston Villa, while the Reds have offered £4m. Adam wants to go to Anfield. Expect Liverpool to meet Blackpool halfway.

1) Luis Suarez (Ajax to Liverpool)
Liverpool are refusing to meet Ajax's €30million valuation. Ajax want to get rid of a player who no longer wants to play for them. But the Dutch club have Eidur Gudjohsen at Stoke and Bursaspor's rising star Sercan Yildirim lined up as replacements. The deal will be done.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-gossip-Luis-Suarez-Liverpool-Charlie-Adam-David-Luiz-Chelsea-Robbie-Keane-West-Ham-Phil-Neville-Tottenham-The-10-biggest-transfers-we-expect-to-happen-before-the-window-closes-by-Darren-Lewis-article683719.html#ixzz1CHNwjP7M

Mr Fulham

OFF -
Salcido
Riise
Dikgacoi

IN -
Konchesky
SWP
striker (hopefully a younger player, e.g. Traore)

os5889

Quote from: White Noise on January 27, 2011, 10:59:54 PM
Here are 'The Mirror's' top 10 deals they expect to happen before the close of the window -

We're expecting plenty of big deals to go through before the transfer window closes at 11pm on Monday night. Here's the 10 biggest:

10) Phil Neville (Everton to Spurs) NO CHANCE
He can play full-back and centre-midfield, he is a winner and, most significantly, he is a leader. Harry Redknapp has already had an initial approach dismissed but is about to put the set among the Everton pigeons with another approach. The word is, Neville wants to go.

9) Diego Forlan (Atletico Madrid to Spurs) NO CHANCE
He's 31 but still has quality and would kick-start Tottenham's bid to stay in the top four. Atletico are skint and need to sell. The deal hinges on whether Tottenham can match Forlan's wages, which are around £90,000-£100,000-a-week.

8) Herita Ilunga (West Ham to Monaco) COULD SEE IT
The Congo left-back is now second choice at Upton Park following the arrival of £90,000-a-week Wayne Bridge and wants to play. Ilunga is not short of offers, with Turkey's Fenerbahce also keen.

7) Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan to Liverpool) TOXIC PLAYER, NOT A LIVERPOOL TYPE
Liverpool need to strengthen on the left wing. Wigan say N'Zogbia can go at the right price. A £9million fee was agreed with Birmingham four days before last summer's deadline, only for the deal to break down over personal terms. N'Zogbia won't make that mistake with Liverpool.

6) Niko Kranjcar (Spurs to Werder Bremen) NO CHANCE HES IN THE HARRY CREW
One from left-field, but the Croatian needs to play and is not happy on the bench at White Hart Lane. Bremen have already made an approach to Tottenham and are likely to firm it up over the weekend.

5) Robbie Keane (Striker - Spurs to West Ham) MAYBE
Unless he gets out of White Hart Lane, the 30-year-old will play more football in his back garden than he will for Tottenham. Noises coming out of the club suggest Keane will be omitted from Spurs' Champions League and even their 25-man Premier League squad if he is still at the club beyond the transfer deadline. West Ham need his quality and should airlift him out this weekend.

4) David Luiz (Benfica to Chelsea) YES
The Brazilian defender is quality. The trouble is, his club are well aware of it and believe they can squeeze a few quid extra out of billionaire Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich. The Russian has already offered £21.5m, plus a player going to Benfica on loan. But the two clubs can't agree on the player and Benfica say they want a big down-payment. Chelsea are simply biding their time over a player they need. A deal will be done.

3) Paul Konchesky (Liverpool to Fulham) MAYBE
Konchesky believed it was too good to be true when his former Fulham boss Roy Hodgson took him to Anfield last summer. Sadly, it was. Liverpool fans declared themselves completely unimpressed with his ability, and since Kenny Dalglish's return he has been frozen out. As Konchesky has already played for Fulham this season he cannot move on to another club. But he can go back to Craven Cottage. A loan deal should be tied up shortly.

2) Charlie Adam (Blackpool to Liverpool) NO
Blackpool want £12million for a midfielder who has just 18 months left on his contract. Liverpool say he is worth considerably less. Blackpool are appalled at offers of £2.5m and £3.5m from Aston Villa, while the Reds have offered £4m. Adam wants to go to Anfield. Expect Liverpool to meet Blackpool halfway.

1) Luis Suarez (Ajax to Liverpool) MAYBE
Liverpool are refusing to meet Ajax's €30million valuation. Ajax want to get rid of a player who no longer wants to play for them. But the Dutch club have Eidur Gudjohsen at Stoke and Bursaspor's rising star Sercan Yildirim lined up as replacements. The deal will be done.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-gossip-Luis-Suarez-Liverpool-Charlie-Adam-David-Luiz-Chelsea-Robbie-Keane-West-Ham-Phil-Neville-Tottenham-The-10-biggest-transfers-we-expect-to-happen-before-the-window-closes-by-Darren-Lewis-article683719.html#ixzz1CHNwjP7M

Only 1 deal I can see happening for sure, 4 maybes and 5 no's from me, hardly expected to go through if you ask me, but then again it is the mirror...

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 27, 2011, 11:01:39 PM
OFF -
Salcido
Riise
Dikgacoi

IN -
Konchesky
SWP
striker (hopefully a younger player, e.g. Traore)

Is this from a source or a hunch. Seems a bit stupid to get rid of salcido when we could keep him as a reserve LB.

Tonywa

Surely we wouldn't have got Kakuta if we were going to sign SWP.

Lighthouse

As Kakuta has been put into the squad of 25 I rather fear we are done for the time being. But I have voted three,hope two expect none.

We will not be interested in SWP, nor Konk and so may go for a Striker from abroad or a lower league and we will be moaning whatever. At least I will.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

I still do not understand why a 19 year old has to be named in the squad of 25?  :tom: am I missing here?

Another FA rule/exception that applies to everyone but West Ham I don't know about?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

mrska

Quote from: finnster01 on January 28, 2011, 02:24:34 AM
I still do not understand why a 19 year old has to be named in the squad of 25?  :tom: am I missing here?

Another FA rule/exception that applies to everyone but West Ham I don't know about?

he doesnt have to be named in the 25..its to encourage youth and players coming up through the ranks stand a better chance of developing..

BarryP

Quote from: finnster01 on January 28, 2011, 02:24:34 AM

Could Chelsea have stipulated that he be included in the 25 man squad as a condition to the loan?  It is unlikely Chelsea would have made the loan unless they believed he would see significant minutes and having him in Fulham's 25 man squad won't hurt that possibility.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

BalDrick

Konch, a striker and someone out of nowhere.

Probably an equal amount of departures, hopefully anyway.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town