more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No Amauri

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, January 31, 2011, 09:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

From Twitter:

Amauri's agent: "He hasn't rejected any Italian clubs. He turned down Zaragoza, Fulham and West Brom. Juve failed to get Benzema loan."

but this seems to be good as I enquired if this meant that Fulham were off the hook:

"I would say so. Amauri now 351 days in Serie A without a goal."

finnster01

That means there's no need to rewrite the old Zamora chant then...  :005:

"when you're sat in row z
and the ball hits your head
it's Amauri!"

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Further confirmation that we lucked out by missing him:

Amauri shuns Prem duo
Juve striker won't consider moves to WBA or Fulham

By Simone Bargellini    Last updated: 31st January 2011 

Juventus striker Amauri has turned down moves to Fulham and West Bromwich Albion.

The Italian international has struggled to force his way into Luigi Del Neri's plans this season and he is being tipped to move away from Turin.

Both West Brom and Fulham have asked about him, but his agent Ernesto Bronzetti was dismissive of both Premier League clubs.

"The truth is that we have said no to two English clubs: West Bromwich and Fulham," Bronzetti told Sky Italia.

"These two clubs are not at his level.

"Why would Amauri and his family go to England for teams like these, in a country where they do not even know the language?"

Interest

Bronzetti confirmed that both Real Zaragoza and Lazio have showed an interest in the Brazilian-born front-man.

"Then there was Real Zaragoza which I have recommended to the player to refuse because it is a club with many problems.

"Lazio was also interesting while with Fiorentina there was nothing."

One option that does appear likely is a possible move back to his former club Palermo.

"A return to Palermo? I talked with (Palermo's owner, Maurizio) Zamparini three days ago and he told me he's not able to take Amauri at this time," he continued.

"But (Juventus' CEO, Giuseppe) Marotta also said that, then if Zamparini changed his mind in these days for his reasons we are here ready to listen."

Palermo chief Zamparini confirmed his willingness to take Amauri on loan, telling Radio Anch'io Lo Sport: "If Juventus give us Amauri on loan for six months, we'll take him.

"I want to continue to demonstrate that he is a champion. But we need Juventus to pay the salary."