watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great weekend

Started by sacffc, January 30, 2011, 11:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sacffc

It was a great weekend for my 2 favorite teams.  Not long ago, the Sacramento Kings had the worst record in the NBA and Fulham was in the drop zone.  Things are looking up in both places.

Friday night the Kings beat the Lakers in Los Angeles.  Kobe scored 38 but the Kings bigs dominated the Lakers bigs.  Demarcus Cousins is going to be an allstar in a year or two.  Saturday night at home, they ended the New Orleans Hornets' 10-game win streak.

And then, of course, was Fulham's demolition of Spurs on Sunday morning.  A nice bonus for me was that the game started at 8:30 am instead of the usual 7:00 am.  Dembele's goal reminded me of a basketball fast break -- if the defense doesn't stop you go straight to the goal.  Plus, I thoroughly enjoyed the expressions on Harry's face.  That was FUN.

The Boston Celtics play the Kings on Tuesday, and I have tickets.  Very much looking forward to that.  Then they get the San Antonio Spurs on Friday -- tough stretch.  Best of all, though, is that the game against Newcastle will be at noon, so I can at least think about having a beer.

COYW

My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

duffbeer

Good for you sacffc.  Same where I am, Fulham's dismantling of Spurs was one to remember for the ages and my basketball team is doing the same.  The Cavs are crashing the record books with their current form . . . of losses.   :doh:

HatterDon

all the good Spurs play in san Antonio
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sacffc

Quote from: duffbeer on January 31, 2011, 05:07:38 PM
Good for you sacffc.  Same where I am, Fulham's dismantling of Spurs was one to remember for the ages and my basketball team is doing the same.  The Cavs are crashing the record books with their current form . . . of losses.   :doh:

I grew up in Columbus.  My first NBA team was the Cincinnati Royals.  When they moved to Kansas City, I started following the Cleveland Cavaliers, who had just joined the league as an expansion team.  Then I moved to Sacramento in '84, and a year later my Royals (renamed to the Kings) moved here.  So I've been a Kings fan since then, with Cleveland as my second favorite team.  It was fun when Lebron was there, but now ... I can feel your pain.

When MLS started up, I started following the Columbus Crew, and was impressed with McBride.  I first noticed Fulham when they came with McBride to play the MLS allstars (2005 I think), and that's how I got here.  The reason I've stayed is because Fulham reminds me of the Kings.  They strive to do things the right way, and when they win it's on merit, not because someone is pulling the strings for them.
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?