News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


NFR Prostate Cancer

Started by sunburywhite, June 03, 2025, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citizen Smith

#200
Quote from: C Block on October 01, 2026, 03:44:10 PMI got out yesterday, but I had a long standing appointment at 8.30am and was asked to keep it,
So one thing has led to another and I've been admitted back into Frimley until at least Saturday,
They've thought for a long time today that I've got Sepsis but thankfully that has just been discounted,
And in a Fulhamish way, the light at the end of my tunnel is the thought of my two tickets for Ipswich away, that's my aim now
COYSW
C Block
It's terrible that you've had such awful complications with your procedure. After my prostatectomy, I too had problems with the catheter for a month, which I found uncomfortable 24/7 and had blood clots, but once out, my body started to recover slowly. Grit your teeth best you can, get through it and you'll be back cheering the Whites at Ipswich, no bother! 

sunburywhite

Hi C Block

Sorry to hear about the problems, it will all pass soon and you will be fine

The catheter is a bit like the Hookey Cookey, they stick one in , they pull one out then give it all a shake about.

I musty have been lucky as I had about 6 stuck in and pulled out over the course of a few months. The only good thing was you got a good nights sleep. I dont know how some of you did the self insertion
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

C Block

This is becoming a bit of a nightmare now, I was violently sick yesterday, so they are sending me for an ultrasound today to see if they can find out what's going on
Ironically though I've woken up today feeling a bit more like myself for the first time in a while,
Maybe the vomiting has helped get some of the infection out of my system
Onwards and Upwards from this point on 👊🏻


ScalleysDad

#203
Quote from: alfie on October 01, 2026, 08:13:42 PM
Quote from: Simunch on October 01, 2026, 07:55:28 PM
Quote from: jayffc on June 03, 2025, 08:20:33 PMSadly you lost me at "you don't get a finger up your @rse" ...what fun is a blood test :slap:

In all seriousness though glad to hear you are doing ok and for sure will get a general health look over soon as a result of this message, as I've been putting it off

I had the finger test for the first time last year at St Helier Hospital in Sutton. I had a blood test too. A painful UTI prompted my GP to get the tests done.

I was given the all clear.

It is well worth getting the blood test given that prostrate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in UK men and the second leading cause of cancer death in men (after lung cancer), causing around 12,000 deaths annually.


I have a blood test tomorrow, can't say I'm looking forward to it.


I trust the blood test went well enough. My contribution to local NHS protocol is, hopefully anyway, the use of the term "sharp scratch" as the needle goes in following my response to "small *****" being "cold room" and uncontrollable giggling. Legend in my own mind!!!!!

Edit. Oh my goodness I didn't realise the asterisk was that sensitive. Small sounds like Rick.

Mullers OG

This very important topic demonstrates how long many of our supporters have been regulars at CC.

Best wishes to everyone undergoing prostate cancer treatment and or examinations. Worrying times.

Personally I found the operation and the resulting indignities less onerous than I was expecting. I found the painful passing of blood following the biopsy scary especially when not warned of the likelihood of it.

C Block

Free, Free at last !
I managed to get home on Saturday, starting my recovery, even from Saturday to now I feel a bit better,
I've got to pop back at the end of the week for an examination, get through that and im on my way,
And thank you to everyone that has sent me a kind message, it really was very much appreciated
And good luck and best wishes to everyone else going through similar issues with their prostate, there really is light at the end of the tunnel, even though on someday's you might not believe it 👍🏻
COYSW


cookieg

Please forgive my school boy humour but prostate exam and "light at the end of the tunnel" did make me chuckle!!

Great to hear things are going the right way C Block.

alfie

Best wishes to all those going through this nasty disease.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't