watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has his recovery been that slow?

Started by AmericanJames, February 01, 2011, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

http://www.dcunited.com/press-release/2011/02/dc-united-statement-on-charlie-davies

Washington, D.C. – D.C. United today made the following statement in regards to Charlie Davies' potential loan to United.

"Charlie Davies is expected to join D.C. United in Ft. Lauderdale on Wednesday for a week-long evaluation period, which will include training and game time with the first team and a full medical evaluation by team doctors in DC. Details of the 12-month loan have already been negotiated, but nothing will be official until D.C. United is satisfied Charlie is physically capable of playing at the level required to be successful in MLS. United currently holds the top spot in the League's allocation ranking and would therefore have first option to acquire Davies."
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

AmericanJames

Wasn't there talk about him making it bad for the World Cup??? If so this doesn't exactly make sense to me. To me its actually kinda disappointing to see.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

HatterDon

There was TALK, but it was BS, AJ. I think this is a good idea for Charlie and for Socheaux. I think he's in their long-term plans and this will help him prepare for a return to Ligue 1.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

duffbeer

The accident was horrific, I'll be pleased if he's good enough to make it at DC United.  This really is not good news for him and his future at Sochuax.  I believe MLS only allows loans that include an option to buy.  So if they have already negotiated the terms, it's likely that Sochaux have given up on him.  If he really wants his career back, he should find a loan somewhere else in Europe, if he can.  Best of luck to him, though.  I feel so depressed when I think about what could have been.  Such a tragedy for everyone involved.  

YankeeJim

Hey, the guy has guts galore and his game was more then just pace. He may not be that shinning light we saw in the year before the cup but he'll cap again.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.