watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it me...

Started by Jimpav, February 02, 2011, 02:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

or does anyone get more excited about mid-week matches?

Not sure if it's because I have a whole day of anticipation as opposed to just a Saturday morning or if it's the thought of a few after work/pre match beers but there is definitely something that feels special about a floodlit kick off.

AlFayedsChequebook

I do too. Maybe it has something to  with the Europa factor from last year?

The floodlights must have something to do with it too.

HatterDon

They used to irritate the hell out of me, but now that I'm "retired," I quite like them!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimpav

It does bring back fond memories of the Europa but even before that the atmosphere always seems a bit more livelier. 

The attendances are sometimes bit lower but both sets of fans always seem noiser and rise to the occasion.

I'm going out on a limb here but I think our win ratio is pretty high too!

jarv

I recall Fulham's first floodlit game, exciting stuff. (last team in the first division to install lights!) personally, I always enjoyed midweek games because I played on Saturdays which minimised my attendance for many years. When I lived in Putney, I used to get the same buzz, after work, walking across the bridge to the game (stopping in at the Dukes head for a pint of Youngs).
happy days. :wine:

TheDaddy

Well im stuck at work however should be able to watch the match on the web as ive brought my computer and dongle in !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Jimpav

Quote from: TheDaddy on February 02, 2011, 05:27:30 PM
Well im stuck at work however should be able to watch the match on the web as ive brought my computer and dongle in !

Hope your shift went well Daddy and you caught the match. Wasn't the most exciting game but was a good night out all the same.