News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR- Packers-Steelers..who are you guys going for?

Started by Jimbobob, February 04, 2011, 07:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffbeer

Quote from: Steve_orino on February 05, 2011, 08:40:41 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on February 04, 2011, 10:08:36 PM
Frankly, I couldn't care less about the game or who wins it. Once you get above high-school football, it's all steroids and gambling anyhow. I think it's hilarious that it's going to be in Dallas, where last I heard all the grounds around the stadium were covered with huge chunks of ice.

My favorite ever SuperBowl was the one preceeded by our home victory over Aston Villa the year of the Great Escape. I couldn't tell you which two teams played in the pointy football championship later in the day at the Super Bowl Party I attended, but the wife and I watched it while wearing our Fulham gear.

Can not wait for this Stupid Bowl to be played and get out of town...way too much over-hype silliness, parties, douchery here in town.  Add the record weather (snow, ice, & freezing temps) we're having added to the mix and it's been a miserable week - well except for the 1-0 on Wednesday!

Hatter, thank you for the idea...I'll be wearing my Fulham shirt on Sunday - can't wait.

Mrs. Mo (duffbeer) - I've been a supporter of the Browns since around 86 (a long story that involves Nintendo & Tecmo Bowl).  My apologies to you & the long suffering fanbase of Cleveland; I feel as though I'm their jinx cause after a couple of AFC Championship games, it's been downhill ever since!

Oh, it's all good Steve.  Why just yesterdday the Cavs tied the all time NBA record for most consecutive losses.  There's more than one way to crack the record books. :doh:

aconnecticutyankee

I was/am a Giants Fan and have been since Sam Huff, Y.A. and Co were playing back in the old Yankee Stadium. I hated the Packers then and still do, I don't like the Steelers much either.

For the last 10-12 years I am a Fulham Fan first and foremost, and I will be for the rest of my days.

Prediction Steelers 21 Packers 17

Fulham 1 Villa 1

I only care about the second result.

ImperialWhite

I'm drawn to the Packers...(mostly because they have cheese on their heads and they'll have white shirts tomorrow).

How long is it likely to go on - 3 hours?

finnster01

Quote from: ImperialWhite on February 05, 2011, 02:05:55 PM
I'm drawn to the Packers...(mostly because they have cheese on their heads and they'll have white shirts tomorrow).

4 hours+ easily, of which about a grand total of 18 minutes or so is actually action  :029:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on February 05, 2011, 02:08:33 PM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on February 05, 2011, 02:05:55 PM

4 hours+ easily, of which about a grand total of 18 minutes or so is actually action  :029:

:039:

I might miss the end of the match.

drobert2

Got to like Green Bay, smallest market but arguably the most tradition.  Only team that is owned by the fans.  Better beer than Pittsburg.  And I cannot stand Ben Roethesberger the rapist.  Lucky is not in prison.

Go Pack.

Senior Supporter

I ask this as a serious question. Why do Americans enjoy horrendous renditions of "the Star-spangled Banner"? I thought Christina Wotsit took it to a new low last night with a truly horrible screaming, tuneless performance. I couldn't make out whether the tears in the eyes of those tough players were tears of pride, or of pain.

duffbeer

She's an artist SS, she needs to be true to her own interpretation and vision of the national anthem.  Including changing the words as she see's fit. 

HatterDon

The Tim and Bob Show would have been happy to perform a classy acapella version in four-part harmony that would have had everyone in tears [in a good way], but would they ask us? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :035: :035:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

duffbeer

Quote from: HatterDon on February 07, 2011, 08:24:52 PM
The Tim and Bob Show would have been happy to perform a classy acapella version in four-part harmony that would have had everyone in tears [in a good way], but would they ask us? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :035: :035:

Would be better if Fulham asked y'all to perform "Play that Funky Music Whites Boy".  That I would like to hear.

This thread is now officially Fulham related

Steve_orino

Quote from: HatterDon on February 07, 2011, 08:24:52 PM
The Tim and Bob Show would have been happy to perform a classy acapella version in four-part harmony that would have had everyone in tears [in a good way], but would they ask us? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :035: :035:

I'll talk to Jerry for you guys   :hook:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

drobert2

Quote from: Senior Supporter on February 07, 2011, 11:55:18 AM
I ask this as a serious question. Why do Americans enjoy horrendous renditions of "the Star-spangled Banner"? I thought Christina Wotsit took it to a new low last night with a truly horrible screaming, tuneless performance. I couldn't make out whether the tears in the eyes of those tough players were tears of pride, or of pain.

She was terrible, and she has been properly pilloried for it in the press.