News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There is a reason nobody put a bid in for Pantsil this Jan window...............

Started by Rambling_Syd_Rumpo, February 05, 2011, 04:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

well we will have to disagree then,I think he is the weakest part of the defence this season,by a distance,he has lost the ball in dangerous positions on numerous occasions,making the wrong decision often and putting pressure on the defence.If he was as good as some people on here think why does he keep getting dropped? I can only call it as I see it and this is what I see from H3 row R  :001: :dft012:

sunburywhite

He has also looked close to losing the plot a few times if a decision has gone against him. Remember when the red mist came down a couple of weeks ago. This may well be frustration that he is not playing well but in my mind he has always looked likely to put the team in trouble from a rush of blood to the head.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Peabody

JP, in my opinion, has not been to bad, he has been very unlucky. Todays own goal is an example, the ball is crossed, he has to go for it, otherwise the Villa player behind him has a free shot on goal, unfortunately he appears to stumble and therefore cannot control his header. Of course he is not enjoying the best of times at the moment, just like Chris Baird and Bobby Zamora before him but just like CB and BZ his form will improve and then who will be the next scapegoat?

Tktd

I love how this has turned into a thread trying to rinse Pantsil at every opportunity and give people and outlet to state their discomfort about his apparently unable performances and how he's not good enough.

What I love even more is the thin layered amount of insults people are coming up with...

He had a red mist a couple of weeks ago... (last season that red mist was a winning passion) this season it was a frustrated passion because he had scored an own goal and was annoyed.

Then people say he's not good enough - he's been playing pretty regularly this season and we've still got something like te 4th best defence in the league with him in, despite him scoring three own goals and we all know he's made up for it or at least tried his hardest in making amends...

He provides an extremely effective and pacy contribution to our defence and has an understanding on when to run past midfield to provide support in attack and has a good cross on him to, whilst you very rarely see him being caught out n defence and is extremely capable of handling, and at times with ease, the worlds top strikers and having them in his back pocket (Drogba at Chelsea - anyone remember that?!).

Can I also add the numerous amounts of times Pantsil (since he's been a Fulham player) has made a lat ditch tackle to deny a goalscoring opportunity or even made a goal line clearence....

You're being overly critical because in reality there are few fulham players wecan pick on and life would be boring otherwise....  I can tell you though if you were pantsil having the suprisinglyunlucky time or the guy was your friend you'd all find a suprisingly moe lenient stance.

We've still managed to draw two of th games he played and scored an own goal in, and his goal wasn't the only goal in the pool and villa games so its not as if he the only one making mistakes.

You could choose to blame the strikers at the time for not scoing enough or us just not having enough, the midfield for letting the other teams get such telling crosses in - baird was run torrid by Downing and so was Salcido....

Give the guy a break is all I'm saying, you're being overly critical against a player who gives his all for the club you love and he deserves a bit less criticism , especially given the team he's been part of in the past and the amount of times he's managed to keep us in a game - who remembers when we beat UTD and he had a certain C. Ronaldo in his pocket.... give him time. It could be a lot worse and thankfully he's not. - he's just going through an uncharacteristically unlucky spot.

VicHalomsLovechild

I'm in the pro Pants camp. Some of you have really short memorires. Drogba has been mentioned before and the first time we beat Manure at home and Pants totally fu@ked up Ronaldo's day. When things were really low two seasons back and Wroy brought BZ and someone we'd never heard of it was Pants who made the initial impact with his thank you lap. None of us had seen anything like it before and the fact the rest of the team make more of an effort to come over and give us a clap at the end of a game is I believe in no small part due to Pants.
Any defensive error will always be worse than elsewhere on the pitch. Lets do a Bobby and get behind the poor sod and give him a bit of a lift.

White Noise

From The Daily Mail -

He also put though his own net at Villa Park last term and after 13 minutes yesterday, he nodded beyond a baffled Mark Schwarzer under pressure from Gabriel Agbonlahor.

A merciful Mark Hughes substituted Pantsil in the 62nd minute and the player acknowledged a pocket of applauding fans near the dug-out. It wasn't clear which team those fans were following.

'He was obviously disappointed at half-time and I felt it was affecting him somewhat,' said the Fulham boss. 'It can affect your confidence so I made a decision to take him off.'

Can Hughes stop this otherwise competent defender from scoring repeatedly in the wrong net? 'You always review every little detail and hopefully we will stop it happening in the future,' said Hughes without a trace of irony.

Football is a serious business. Except that yesterday you had to laugh at times.

sunburywhite

He did have a good game against Drogba, he did have Ronaldo in his pocket but that was all last season. It was also when the team was playing a different system. This year he has been out of form since the world cup and struggling in a different system.
The red mist he had was against Liverpool when he got booked and then spent 5 minutes throwing his toys out of the pram. If you are going to play sport at the highest level then you must keep your emotions in check. You ride off them, you don't let them drag you over the top. How much would you all be loving him if he got sent off and we lost a game because of it.
Everyone also gets carried away because he does a lap of honour, it is great that he does but don't let the tears of emotion in your eyes as he runs past blind you to the fact he is not good enough.

Will you still love him if he scores his fourth own goal in the last game of the season and we missed out on Europe (or worse still get relegated)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

WE HAVE  CHANGED THE WAY WE PLAY-this is his biggest problem,he can't play his "normal" game,if a professional footballer can only play one system that says it all for me.
I don't pick on players because "it's their turn", this is not a personal attack,I like the guy,I love his passion but we have improved the way we play,we have changed the system and he can't cope so it's time to go,sorry but unlucky doesn't cut it.
If we don't imporve we go backwards,and backwards for us is the championship-plain and simple :001:
Yes he was good last season,but we don't play that way anymore and in the harsh reality that is the premier league it is improve or die,there is no place for sentiment at this level!

LRCN

hes played well since he came back into the team. 5 clean sheets in the last 7 home games. keep him in.

finnster01

Not many of our players have been able to score more than Pants in the Prem this season...

He is a liability, his head is not right and that was according to sparky the reason he pulled him off. He may be a nice fella and all that, but that won't get us any points in the league.

It is amazing how far you can milk a lap of honour.  :038:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sunburywhite

Perhaps its not a lap of honour, what he is actually doing is going round saying sorry to everybody

vagrant

Quote from: finnster01 on February 06, 2011, 12:44:29 PM
Not many of our players have been able to score more than Pants in the Prem this season...

He is a liability, his head is not right and that was according to sparky the reason he pulled him off. He may be a nice fella and all that, but that won't get us any points in the league.

It is amazing how far you can milk a lap of honour.  :038:

Couldn't agree more.  Especially the last point.......

Jimbobob

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 05, 2011, 07:34:33 PM
Taxi for Pantsil
TAXI credits (intro/outro)

FFC:
:57: :57: :57:
You have become sublime with your mastery of the FoF hyperlinks...well done.
I like John but the man is killing us. Single handly responsible for four lost points.
That is a lot of points.......... :023: :023: :023:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?