watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can Someone Please Explain The Away Goals Rule

Started by mattiesafer, February 18, 2010, 10:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattiesafer

And give a couple examples of how possible scorelines in the Ukraine might affect the overall outcome?

I can never get my head around it. Right now are we winning? Or are we tied because they have an away goal?

finnster01

We are winning unless it ends 1-0 for them or more in their end. Away goals count double if ties overall. 2-1 gives extra time and potential penalties. 3-2 we go through.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mattiesafer on February 18, 2010, 10:37:28 PM
And give a couple examples of how possible scorelines in the Ukraine might affect the overall outcome?

I can never get my head around it. Right now are we winning? Or are we tied because they have an away goal?
If we score six at their gaff i think we'll go through. ::)

The Swan

All we need is a 0-0 draw and we go through to the next round.
The Swan

VicHalomsLovechild

If they win the next game 1-0. Then they'll go through because they scored a goal away.
If they win the next game 3-2. Then we'll go through because we scored 2 goals away and they only scored one.

mattiesafer

Quote from: finnster01 on February 18, 2010, 10:45:32 PM
We are winning unless it ends 1-0 for them or more in their end. Away goals count double if ties overall. 2-1 gives extra time and potential penalties. 3-2 we go through.

so...

0-0 we win? Or extra time?
1-0 (to them) they win?
1-1 we win
2-1 (to them) extra time?
2-2 we win
3-2 (to them) we win?

mattiesafer

Quote from: ghyneshynbq2 on February 18, 2010, 10:51:40 PM

do you think if we just stack our players end to end we can just sort of fill up the goal?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ghyneshynbq2 on February 18, 2010, 10:51:40 PM
Or they beat us 3-2. I think they'll definately score, they are too good not to, so we have to score 1 at least. IF we get through it will be on a par with Terry Butcher playing with that bloodied headband for England, or our brave  troops in the Falklands. Pure courage is needed out there, and if we do it, i think it will be the best result i've ever seen Fulham get. Well played Lads. 8)

HatterDon

what you want Fulham to do at Donetsk is what we did today. If we get a very early goal against them, we'll have a two-goal lead and will have erased their away-goal advantage. In other words, an early goal before they've had a chance to score is like scoring two. Conversely, if THEY score an early goal, then it's as if THEY'D scored two.

Roy's the Boy for this sort of lark, so I'm not worried about that. I AM worried about Shaktar. They're very very good.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

They certainly are very good. What amazed me tonight was the actual speed of the ball as it passed between them. that kind of confidence makes them very dangerous on the break, and with a home crowd cheering them on, there's a formidable task awaiting......

....but, as always, in Woy we trust.

clintclintdeuce

We will have the better of the two coaches out on the pitch, that is fact.  ;D

It will be a difficult game, but it is one that makes champions. We have the formula of winning at home and drawing away down pat. The first goal will be massive, hopefully it comes from an early penalty for us.
The Dude abides.