watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Superbowl Party Question

Started by finnster01, February 04, 2011, 08:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I've done this before, but only at peoples homes here in the US.

This year we can't be arsed so we have looked around for spots in NY to go out to.

It basically comes down to this choice, and what would you (or Brian Boitano) do:

1) A bar I know that has LOADS of big screens and open bar (including top shelf) from game start to game end for 40$. I know the owner and a lot of the people, but there will be no food.

2) A bar I have only been to a few times that has a similar deal but also has unlimited wings and nachos. 40$, but beer and only well liquor. Not as many screens by any stretch of the imagination.

So what would you do if you were in our shoes? Need the reliable FoF advice.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Tom

Tough call finnster. I guess it all depends if you will be hungry or not.
Fulham for life!

sacffc

The pub I hang out has assigned seats for the Super Bowl, so you know your group will be able to sit together and where.  That would be a deciding factor for me.  I'll only be drinking beer, but I'd probably eat beforehand and go to #1 for the better screens.  I can drink beer and watch the game on a smaller TV at home.
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

duffbeer

If the first bar will let you bring in some take out I would go for that one.  Unlimited wings and nachos unlikely worth missing out on top shelf, loads of screens and knowing the owner.  If not then I do the second bar.   It would be too easy to over drink without any food.  At least for me it would

On second thought, I'll assume you meant that at the first bar food was not included in the $40.  So I guess if you think you can drink $40 worth each, I'd still choose that one. 

finnster01

Quote from: duffbeer on February 04, 2011, 11:37:50 PM
If the first bar will let you bring in some take out I would go for that one.  Unlimited wings and nachos unlikely worth missing out on top shelf, loads of screens and knowing the owner.  If not then I do the second bar.   It would be too easy to over drink without any food.  At least for me it would

On second thought, I'll assume you meant that at the first bar food was not included in the $40.  So I guess if you think you can drink $40 worth each, I'd still choose that one. 
That's what I am leaning towards Ms Duff. 40$ doesn't go far in Manhattan and my girlfriend does not drink beer but is partial towards the higher end liquor shelves, which would mean I would spend more than 40 bucks at the other place. So the choice #1 is winning at the moment. We'll just eat before we go and since we know the place very well, at least we know what to expect and we'll get good spots for the viewing

finnster01

Just wanted to tell everyone kind enough to respond to this thread that we are going for the option 1. Thanks for the advice.

Although I have no favorites to cheer for, my rooting will follow another US institution, the Superbowl Box thingy.

I have 2 boxes in a pretty expensive one: Packers 0 - Steelers 7 and Packers 5 - Steelers 1

Not overly optimistic, but should I hit (even on any quarter) I will be a very happy man come Monday  :045: