Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6742758,00.html

Queudrue reveals pay cut

French full-back also lifts the lid on his Fulham frustration

By Patrick Haond   

Last updated: 9th February 2011

Queudrue: Returned to his roots

Franck Queudrue has admitted that he took a pay cut in order to return for a second spell at Lens.

The 32-year-old defender snubbed an offer from Celtic last summer in favour of a move to his homeland.

Upon being released by Birmingham, the Frenchman was keen to bring to an end a nine-year stint on British shores.

Having begun his career on the books at Lens he jumped at the chance to return to his roots when offered the opportunity, accepting a salary cut in order to seal a deal.

"I always kept Lens in my heart," Queudrue told L'Equipe. "That is why I preferred to come back rather than go to Celtic.

"I came here to help, even though it was less money."

Intense
Queudrue has also lifted the lid on his time in England, which included spells at Middlesbrough, Fulham, Birmingham and Colchester.

He admits to initially being surprised by the pace of the Premier League, but insists the only time he had any problems was during a one-year spell at Craven Cottage.

"In England the match is a fight," he said.

"Even in training sessions you have to give your all or you will get injured. It is very intense.

"I only experienced trouble once during my time there, with Lawrie Sanchez at Fulham.

"He played old school football, kick and rush in the box so that we could fight for second balls. I told him 'I am no rugby player'."

White Noise

Zamora begins comeback trail with reserves goal

Published 11:04 09/02/11

By MirrorFootball

Bobby Zamora marked his Fulham comeback with a goal in the club's reserve match against Brighton yesterday.

Zamora has been out since breaking his leg against Wolves in September.

The England striker is due to return to action in around three weeks' time and will have done his chances of an early recall no harm by scoring against his former club in a behind-closed-doors friendly at the club's training ground at Motspur Park yesterday.

A recent upturn in form has seen Fulham rise to 12th in the Barclays Premier League table, but they still have the fifth-worst scoring record in the division.

Mousa Dembele, Andy Johnson, Diomansy Kamara and Clint Dempsey have all weighed in with goals but none of them have been as prolific as Zamora was last season when he bagged 19 times - his biggest haul in top-flight football.

That form saw him come close to making England's provisional World Cup squad but his hopes of going to South Africa were dashed after he picked up an Achilles injury towards the end of the campaign.

The 30-year-old went on to earn his first international cap against Hungary in August and has three goals to his name for Fulham so far this season.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Fulham-striker-Bobby-Zamora-begins-comeback-trail-with-reserves-goal-article694079.html#ixzz1DTapMEem