watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor crowd

Started by Andy S, April 11, 2018, 01:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Reading did not bring many supporters with them which contributed to a crowd of only 19,272 but then a Saturday crowd at the medejeski between the two sides only had 17,000

Jonaldiniho 88

Where you there? The Fulham faithful were out in numbers and I didn't see many spare seats. The best atmosphere of the season and they only brought 100. The players clearly appreciated the support and if we had played villa or Leeds it would've been 22-23

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on April 11, 2018, 05:09:45 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on April 11, 2018, 01:35:24 AM
Where you there? The Fulham faithful were out in numbers and I didn't see many spare seats. The best atmosphere of the season and they only brought 100. The players clearly appreciated the support and if we had played villa or Leeds it would've been 22-23

+1

The atmosphere for the last 10 minutes (After the villa goal) to the end and mitro and sess coming over to the fans at the end, was better than anything I've seen for a good few years

+2
Yes fab atmosphere indeed.
The crowd size was  considering the must win situation a bit poor,I expected around the 22 to 23 thousand mark..They had 1,065 fans not 100.Coyw.

hovewhite

The best atmosphere for a few years last night at the cottage and we need same again. V Brentford.BELIEVE. coyw

Andy S

Can't you read ? I was talking about how many supporters Reading brought with them which was poor as Reading is a very easy ground to get to from
London

WokingFFC

Some friends from Reading were due to attend but M4 was blocked / closed for several hours after a pile up, grid locked roads meant they decided to call a halt to their journey after 3 hours! Not sure if this affected the attendance

HillingdonFFC

Poor attendance, easter holidays & extra tickets for a fiver. As above thought it would be about 22,000+. Apparently decent availability all over the ground for Brentford which despite later KO & Sky is absolutely staggering

Skatzoffc

I heard there was major M4 trouble last night. Prob thought they wouldn't get much out of the game as well.

As for the Hammy end, it was Rocking last night!
Not seen that noise/atmosphere for many moons.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

gezkc

I wasn't there last night, but listening to Gentleman Jim's commentary it certainly sounded like there was a great amount of noise coming from our fans, especially after news of the Villa goal against Cardiff came through!
Reading haven't been well supported this year, even at home.

Peabody

Think you will find that there was a bad accident on the M4 and that might of affected the Reading attendance.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Peabody on April 11, 2018, 09:38:29 AM
Think you will find that there was a bad accident on the M4 and that might of affected the Reading attendance.

True but if you take away their support,there was only around 18,000 of us, I thought there would be more.
But you don't know peoples circumstances... Coyw.

toshes mate

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on April 11, 2018, 01:35:24 AM
That is some scoreline - what a game that would be, huh.

Twig

The OP makes a fair point, the Reading support was very low for whatever reason (M4 or just apathy).
Yes, the atmosphere was great but as Mince points out if you deduct the 1,000 odd that Reading brought then our turnout was also a bit of a disappointment. I think most of us would have expected a total crowd of c. 22k. so whichever way you look at it 19,272 wasn't the greatest.

Riversider

Factor in the FACT that tickets were only £5 last night and you have to say it's a bit poor that we couldn't sell out P1 and P2.

fcfulham55

Factoring Readings distance, importance of the fixture to them (relegation battle) amount of support and noise generated from them. I've concluded they're the worst away support to visit the Cottage in my 24 years of supporting Fulham from the age of 6.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Steven Ageroad

Factors to consider on the night. Easter holidays, 2 friends on holiday and another regular off sick plus the big Champions League game M.City.v. Liverpool on TV for the floater fans. I commented during the match how poor the Reading support was compared to Leeds the previous match.

Scrumpy

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 11, 2018, 08:25:22 AM
Poor attendance, easter holidays & extra tickets for a fiver. As above thought it would be about 22,000+. Apparently decent availability all over the ground for Brentford which despite later KO & Sky is absolutely staggering

The Brentford availability is a little misleading because the restricted view tickets have just become released. This only happens once a certain percentage of the ground has sold out. I think a few fans (esp in Hammy End) like the slightly cheaper Restricted View seats so hopefully another 1k or so will be sold. I still reckon 22k or so on Saturday, depending on whether Brentford shift their allocation.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

mullers

I can only see this post as positive. We're in the second division, getting 20,000 and are unhappy about it. That'll do me!

Might need an extra tier on the new stand if we do go up.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 11, 2018, 09:38:12 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on April 11, 2018, 08:25:22 AM

The Brentford availability is a little misleading because the restricted view tickets have just become released. This only happens once a certain percentage of the ground has sold out. I think a few fans (esp in Hammy End) like the slightly cheaper Restricted View seats so hopefully another 1k or so will be sold. I still reckon 22k or so on Saturday, depending on whether Brentford shift their allocation.

I got a couple of tickets yesterday lunchtime & restricted view hadn't gone on sale, I wanted some in there. Loads in the Putney end/neutral.
Brentford bleating about the prices but they're paying the same as us, think Fulham shot themselves in the foot a bit here, live on Sky, later KO & £35 or £40 on the day.
Last season 24,600 odd, reckon this could be 21-22k. Not great for the last Saturday home game & the huge importance of the fixture

Twig

£35 for a ticket is a bit steep. Fulham's pricing strategy confuses me, our ST's represent decent value but for the better matches (especially with live TV coverage) our one-off prices are steep.  Do we want to fill the ground or not?