watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham debt free

Started by TommyBarrs, January 29, 2013, 02:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyBarrs

massive news for fulham as al fayed wipes the debt clean. fulham debt fee. the man is a legend. i love this man

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/29/fulham-debt-free-al-fayed?CMP=twt_gu//

Roberty

What a surprise for everyone who doubted his continued commitment to our (his) club.

This must put us in an excellent financial position going forward.

On the clubs website too
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/january/29/financial-results
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

SaltfordWhite

Wow.

And there were people questioning him only this weekend just past.

Northern Cottager

Great News! Onwards and upwards!

COYW!

SKSW6

For someone who knows bugger all about finance, what exactly does this mean? Is it basically just business speak for essentially writing off all of the debts?

Slaphead in Qatar

:005: Now i want him to incur some more debt and buy some players in the next few days.

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: SKSW6 on January 29, 2013, 03:05:04 PM
For someone who knows bugger all about finance, what exactly does this mean? Is it basically just business speak for essentially writing off all of the debts?

Basically it means that he has given up wanting repayment of the loans in return for further equity in the club. Which as we know, he already owns.

TommyBarrs

who knows bugger all?

BedsFFC

In short, as far as the FFC accounts show, the club does not owe Mo any money. So, the club accounts have gone from pretty poor to pretty damn good. What benefits this gives is yet to be seen

SKSW6

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on January 29, 2013, 03:07:34 PM

Basically it means that he has given up wanting repayment of the loans in return for further equity in the club. Which as we know, he already owns.

Wow, what an absolute legend! Those debts were £100m+ weren't they? Get that man a statue next to Haynes!

Quote from: TommyBarrs on January 29, 2013, 03:07:47 PM
who knows bugger all?

Me.

The Equalizer

After reading some of the patently ridiculous comments about getting rid of Al Fayed and Alistair Mac yesterday, I do hope that this article has been rolled up into a pipe and smoked by those commentators.

Fantastic news for the future of the club! Now, let's start winning games again shall we?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Slaphead in Qatar

By the way this does not mean we are debt free. It just means debts have been converted into shares. Shares are still effectively debt. Instead of paying interest on debt, fulham will be paying dividends on shares.

grandad

This really is one in the eye for all those who wanted rid of MAF. The man is a true legend. As the loan has been converted to equity this means we no longer have to pay it back at 10 mil per year.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cottage cheese

Quote from: The Equalizer on January 29, 2013, 03:10:01 PM
After reading some of the patently ridiculous comments about getting rid of Al Fayed and Alistair Mac yesterday, I do hope that this article has been rolled up into a pipe and smoked by those commentators.

Fantastic news for the future of the club! Now, let's start winning games again shall we?

Ive been jumping on the Jol out fence but I have never questioned the likes of Al fayed and I agree with you 100%. In my eyes they are not the problem!

grandad

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on January 29, 2013, 03:10:34 PM
By the way this does not mean we are debt free. It just means debts have been converted into shares. Shares are still effectively debt. Instead of paying interest on debt, fulham will be paying dividends on shares.

The dividends will be small change compared with loan interest.
The value of shares can either go up or down.
This is a much tidier set up than the loan situation.
Where there's a will there's a wife

God The Mechanic

May mean more money available for transfers. Not necessarily now though, what with there being little time left.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: grandad on January 29, 2013, 03:14:10 PM
The value of shares can either go up or down.

Is that not only true for public companies?

Roberty

The fiqures being reported are for the the financial year and that ended on 30 June 2012.
So they do not account for anything that happened after that date - I will leave you to work out what that means.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

JustOverTheRiver

If he has cleared our debts - incurring some loses to himself - would he really want to to pump more money into the club for signings? It would be incredibly generous to announce this and to spend more on players in the same month.

BedsFFC

Like most, I love Mo for what he has done.

Not that I think there is anything untoward but I would ask the question.

Why do this? & Why do this now?

There must be a reason.