News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK World Cup 2010 fast approaches so get in your predictions or your dreams...

Started by McBridefan1, May 18, 2010, 05:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBridefan1

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on May 22, 2010, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on May 22, 2010, 06:49:43 PM
Well that's not the spirit Frederick... a whole month of some really heart felt football and more importantly drunken partying... what's not to love... Where's your World Cup spirit? it's kinda like Christmas spirit only more tangible.
I dont like Terry, Lampard, Cole and a few others, no feelings either way for the rest of the players so why would i support them? Fulham is the only team for me.

So pick an under dog team... dare I suggest you could be a USA fan just for the Cup... or the Aussies they're a tough hard working team... pick a colony and root them through to the finals... come on Freddy.

FatFreddysCat

I've alreadt said i'd support the Yanks and Oz if i'm watching a game, as long as Demps or swarcher is playing, but the World cup is just one big yawn fest to me.

flynny

Thats not nice funny but not nice.tarmac your drive guvnor.id be on rouge traders.

jarv

not a prediction, just a hope...usa smash england who go on to fail to make 1/4 final. I thought fat frank was saving that last penalty for an england game. shame!

jarv

OK, I am biased (a Scot) but this load of t0ssers representing England are just about the worst bunch ever. Several of the bench players would not get in Fulham's starting 11. The starters (particularly chelsea players) are so full of themselves it is beyond a joke. I hope terry scores the all important own goal which gets them home before the post cards.
As for the manager, he gets 6 million to watch football and then totally contradicts himself at selection time. No bench warmers, no injured payers he said. That takes care of about half of his squad he has justt picked..

Seriously now, any world cup team that includes Crouch, Carragher and Wright-Philips is going nowhere (except home early).

ImperialWhite

!

Several points to address here!

- The Chelsea lot, arrogant bastards? Yes, of course. I don't think I'd go for a pint with many of the England squad. Most of the Fulham squad, I would. But they represent us at football, not at being good mates.
- No bench warmers? Fair enough. He didn't have much choice. Lots of injured players.
- £6million a year? Yes, that's mental. But football wages are mental anyway.
- Crouch, Carragher, SWP - would you really say no, if we could afford them?

Finally - we're ("England") probably not going to win. But we've got a decent chance. We've got a run-in that isn't impossible. Besides, it's not the point. I'm English, I want England to do well. Fulham are probably not going to win the FA Cup next season, I'll still sing/shout myself hoarse every step of the way.

Am I the only Englishman on the board that is actually excited about the world cup!?

flynny

No imperial white you are not but just cant get rio ferdinand lifting the world cup he looks more suited at the special olympics and rooney defo inbreeding just come off campsite,would they milk it as much as hurst and the others i couldnt handle seeing the midget cole being on adverts when im 60 selling shredded wheat.gareth barry is the only likeable one and he looks boring as fxxx.oh and milner i like milner quality player hes gona have agreat wc.

Lighthouse

I have no idea why but I have become more of a football fan of late. Saw bits of the game tonight where usually I couldn't care less. The World Cup will be a real treat hopefully. So looking forward to it. Supporting Fulham players first and England second.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Logicalman

If you want to join in the World Cup prediction league for Fulham fans, here's there thread  link

Lighthouse

McBridefan1

Thanks Logic, I will join... and I know this makes me a total shlte fulham fan but I would be lying if I didn't say country is just as important to me as Fulham... but that is a shift in the right direction, because not long ago country would come before fulham... the longer I am here the more I feel I belong. Still I get just as excited for Fulham as I do for USA games.

Tom

Quote from: McBridefan1 on May 27, 2010, 03:28:39 AM
Thanks Logic, I will join... and I know this makes me a total shlte fulham fan but I would be lying if I didn't say country is just as important to me as Fulham... but that is a shift in the right direction, because not long ago country would come before fulham... the longer I am here the more I feel I belong. Still I get just as excited for Fulham as I do for USA games.
I agree with you McBridefan. I do feel more  patriotic for a USA game though. Hearing the national anthem before a national game gives me goose bumps. But on the flip side, seeing the Cottage gives me goose bumps.
Fulham for life!

McBridefan1

YankeeJim

Well, I'm tied for second. Has anyone noted the rocket rise of our dear Finny?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

I was second onlly a point behind. Then I forgot to do it for a few days. So have sort of fallen. Otherwise of coarse I would be way up there. Blimmin Cosmic.

McBridefan1

well at least I got one of the two finalists right... :54: Wasn't hard picking the Dutch though... What were the odds on the dutch at the start of the cup??? 6 to 1???

Chopper

Quote from: McBridefan1 on July 09, 2010, 01:56:22 PM
well at least I got one of the two finalists right... :54: Wasn't hard picking the Dutch though... What were the odds on the dutch at the start of the cup??? 6 to 1???

10 to 1. My misses got me to put a fiver on them for her. In 2006 she bet on Italy. I've said if Holland win we're putting our life savings on whoever she reckons will win in 2014!
Sold my soul to the Green Pole