watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged: Strike is OFF, Fulham v Liverpool is ON

Started by rusty shackleford, February 10, 2014, 10:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Rumours on twitter suggesting Ray Wilkins has said the game may be off due to the transport strikes

RaySmith

He said it on Talksport this morning when interviewed by Warnock and Brazil.

He also praised the team, spoke, when asked, of the roles of Rene, Curbs and him, and said we can escape, but every game will be like a cup final, and there will be a lot of twists and turns.

He seems a decent bloke to me.

Julius Geezer

TheDaddy

Strike still on tuesday 21:30 to thursday 21:30 up dates on london local news all parties at acas but dont hold out for any type of result.... :dead horse:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

elgreenio

cant see it being called off even if the strike goes ahead. Hammersmith and District line two of the less interrupted ones over the strikes weren't they?
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

Yup last week the Wimbledon branch was running... Slightly less trains than usual... But running.

TheDaddy

All lines running last time out with delays from minor to severe ....
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

LukeJennings

What with all the strikes going on I can't do my usual journey of parking at Richmond and getting the tube across to Putney Bridge. As I drive up from Somerset I was wondering whether there is any free parking or paid car parks that open late enough or a night match? I parked across Hammersmith bridge one time for free on a street but not sure if I can still do that, someone help
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Roberty

It is still free - on single yellow lines - after 7pm
If you have to cross a bridge be prepared for it to take an age to get back over it after the match
It might be an idea to look for a space on the south side of the river and walk from there
With the tube - check the situation on the day - they are going to be running - just a case of how many
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Rhys Lightning 63

Here's a map of all the parking zones within Hammersmith and Fulham - https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Images/88600_122_T_Watermark_Layout1_tcm21-165620.pdf

All the times where they charge for parking are in the top right, so so long as you park outside of those times, you'll be fine
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

RaySmith

Quote from: Julius Geezer on February 10, 2014, 10:31:07 AM
What are their roles then?

Rene, Wilkins and the other bloke - from Man U? - take training, and in the afternoons they all meet with Curbs to discuss an overview of things- is what I remember him saying.

JBH

You can get BR from Richmond to Putney Highstreet

The Equalizer

Quote from: JBH on February 10, 2014, 12:01:14 PM
You can get BR from Richmond to Putney Highstreet

Yup, and it only takes 9 minutes. I can't understand why anyone would use the tube as that takes about 45 minutes!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

MasterHaynes

If I was a Sheffield supporter I be a bit miffed if it gets called off, they had to make their way down to us so why are Liverpool fans different? especially as half of them going will live in London anyway

PokerMatt

Quote from: westcliff white on February 10, 2014, 12:29:27 PM
here is a link to the interview, i thought he spoke very well

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-wilkins-fears-goal-difference-will-cost-fulham-14021079184

Cheers for this. Another honest appraisal from one of our coaches. What's going on?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bedford White

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 10, 2014, 01:00:47 PM
If I was a Sheffield supporter I be a bit miffed if it gets called off, they had to make their way down to us so why are Liverpool fans different? especially as half of them going will live in London anyway

Something to do with not wanting a few thousand scallys with no means of getting home, on the rob in the borough I expect!
But seriously I heard that the rivers authority had issued flood warnings for the Thames all the way into Surrey on Wednesday. Perhaps this is the likely reason for the postponement?

Patrick

westcliff white

i think the game being postponed will be down to police advice (after they have discussed with TFL) on safety grounds (i.e. the club having no input), I would expect they are expecting a sell out, not sure how many were at the Sheff Utd game.

Time will tell I guess.
Every day is a Fulham day

Rhys Lightning 63

I wouldn't totally be against postponing the game. After yesterday, the players could do with essentially a 2 week rest before we play West Brom
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense