News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would You Be Surprised If The USA Beat England?

Started by White Noise, June 08, 2010, 04:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Both defences are to use managerial football speak ' a bit iffy' If England midfield do not turn the screw and provide chances then yes I can see USA doing the ungentlemanly thing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Would I be shocked? No.
Would I be surprised? Yes.
If I were to go for a punt and try to make a bob, I reckon a draw is a likely result. 1-1.

As a side, has anyone come across a bet on Wayne Rooney getting sent off at least once in the WC?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: finnster01 on June 08, 2010, 05:07:08 PM
Would I be shocked? No.
If I were to go for a punt and try to make a bob, I reckon a draw is a likely result. 1-1.

As a side, has anyone come across a bet on Wayne Rooney getting sent off at least once in the WC?

I reckon your 1-1 prediction is a distinct possibility Finn, and as for Shrek, I think you'd get better odds on his not getting sent off !

AmericanJames

Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: finnster01 on June 08, 2010, 05:07:08 PM
Would I be shocked? No.

I agree with finnster. I am looking for a draw, like I predicted before.
Fulham for life!

ImperialWhite

Depends which England turn up - if it's the England of qualfiers, then I suspect England might get a fairly convincing win*.

If the England of the friendlies turns up...well we all saw the Mexico game. They could have beaten us.

Think it might well me a high scoring game - the defences are both a bit iffy as you say Lighthouse, and I reckon both sides might just go for it. Think I'm going to stick some money on it being over 3 goals.

*and before anyone says 'aah, but they were playing crap teams then' - we beat Croatia convincingly (albeit with managerial problems), who are currently 4 places higher up in the FIFA rankings.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

first game of the world cup for us,no I wouldn't be that suprised,there is along way to go,a few players will try and not get hurt,I would prefer they got stuck in myself,it is the world cup after all and a win for us would give us a great chance to top the group and thus giving us the easier draw :dft012:

FC Silver Fox

Yes, I'd be VERY surprised. This said, we'll start the match stroking the ball around slowly like world champions. We'll get punished by Clint who'll score. We'll try to liven up a bit, screw around in midfield a bit and miss a few opportunities. We'll go in at halftime 1-0 down. Fabio will go bananas and it'll be a different 2nd half. We'll win 2-1.
As for the short odds on an England win. This just reflects the betting by pathetic losers sitting in front of the TV all day, in the underpants eating packets of crisps and supping cheap lager.
i.e. not to be taken too seriously.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

finnster01

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 08, 2010, 07:13:44 PM
...This just reflects the betting by pathetic losers sitting in front of the TV all day, in the underpants eating packets of crisps and supping cheap lager...
Mr Fox,
Did we meet when I was young by any chance?  :dft001:

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

tingtawng

its said the new 8 panel ball goes all over the place ,its unpredictable in use !then theres  the altitude ,and all the wheezing last game so how can you be sure what will happen :012:
IN SVEN VE TVUST

Crede15

if we had last summer's Confederation Cup team I would feel good about our chances against England. Our back line's had a lot of injuries since then and has looked shaky and I just think England will take advantage of it, score 2-3 goals and get the win.

Kiwi Fulham Fan

Gotta a feeling England will scrape by 2-1 or 3-2
but it is a sporting contest so anything could happen

SoCalJoe

Would be pleasantly surprised. 4 years ago the US played the Czechs first and the man mountain Jan Koller set the tone. While he's of a different body type, Crouch is as tall as Koller, and on any set piece he can put the ball in the back of the net.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Kiwi Fulham Fan on June 08, 2010, 08:24:32 PM
Gotta a feeling England will scrape by 2-1 or 3-2
but it is a sporting contest so anything could happen

I take it you're a New Zealander? What do you make of the New Zealand team? Do you reckon you can get a 2-3 points on the board?

clintclintdeuce

No, I wouldnt be at all to be quite honest. There isnt that much difference in the class of the sides.
The Dude abides.

YankeeJim

I've been telling everyone that it'll be a 1 nil US win. That's from my heart . My head tells me 2 nil England. The US is just not as talented & honestly matches up better with Spain than it does you lot. Our back line which played wonderfully in the Confederations Cup is badly banged up & not near match fit. I just pray that it is Rooney that does the damage and not that turd Terry.

Still, an early goal...................
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

PaulUMD

I think we can shock them, but if we give up that first goal early we're doomed. 

jarv

I saw oods of 1-2 england and 13 - 2 usa...    brilliant odds for usa, a 2 horse race against a determined and organised team. At 13-2 usa worth more than a bob or two.