News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is the classiest thing you have ever bought?

Started by General, July 20, 2014, 11:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Quote from: jarv on July 21, 2014, 01:02:54 PM
A ridiculously expensive pair of Italian shoes from a shop in Bond Street. You know, the shops which do not display the prices. Lasted over 15 years, after many visits to the cobbler for new soles. Well worth it, very comfortable.

More recently, (actually right now) having hardwood flooring installed in 3 rooms of my house. It looks fantastic and I am afraid to walk on the floors in case I damage or mark them.

Make sure you ask all of you guests to remove their stilletto heels  fp.gif

Delboy

At the time my first pair of Ivy Plaincaps, cost £8-4s-6d. But boy were they worth it. Had them for many years before they finally gave up the ghost.

The Bronsons

A James Burton signature Telecaster with gold paisley pattern on black, maple neck, Lace Sensor picks and gold plated hardware - like this one: http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/8520/2002-Fender-James-Burton-Telecaster-Gold-Paisley---Used/

Or (not 100% as it hasn't cleared customs yet) an Ultimate 57 microphone for blues harp: http://www.blowsmeaway.com/ultimate.html

Or the (fake?) black full-length Crombie I picked up in 1981 from Kensington Market, which finally got retired just last year. Brilliant coat.

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2014, 12:51:29 AM
A human soul. Just have to wait for a bit until it is officially all mine.

What did you promise the sucker in return?

13 years in the Premiership?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

alfie

Paid out £3000 for a new Bose system. (not yet installed at home)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

When I was a mod in the 60's.......

A turquoise double-breasted mohair suit.
A Floral (extra) kipper tie
A full length bottle green leather coat  (Petticoat Lane)
White shoes with red laces.
Muti-coloured hoop socks.

I was the dogs bollocks and classy as *s*** (or so I thought :)

I forgot:  A solid gold Rolex Costellation from Tangier for 10 pounds  !!!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MayoDomo

Quote from: alfie on July 21, 2014, 04:48:51 PM
Paid out £3000 for a new Bose system. (not yet installed at home)

You will not regret that decision.  Good audio equipment is to die for.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

ron

Quote from: DukeTyrion on July 21, 2014, 09:18:21 AM
A bronze of a horse.

Sounds like all the horses I back to win......they all finish third......

ron

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on July 21, 2014, 04:58:42 PM
When I was a mod in the 60's.......

A turquoise double-breasted mohair suit.
A Floral (extra) kipper tie
A full length bottle green leather coat  (Petticoat Lane)
White shoes with red laces.
Muti-coloured hoop socks.

I was the dogs bollocks and classy as *s*** (or so I thought :)

I forgot:  A solid gold Rolex Costellation from Tangier for 10 pounds  !!!

I remember two pairs of "Royals" I had... lace ups, and slip-ons with the leather tassels. Gleamingly shiny black, and solid leather. Icons of the age.

bog

A 1949 Triumph Roadster with a seized engine back in 1972.

092.gif

fulhamben

there names were chardonay and candy. they were ten grand for the night and were real high class.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Forever Fulham

My wife's wedding ring.  It was all the money I had in the world back then.  A marquis setting diamond with baguettes around it.  Had a flaw in it, which allowed me to go larger on the size, but you couldn't see the flaw with the naked eye.  She loves that ring.

SP

£5 on a Raleigh Chopper in the 1980's, it'll be great when I get round to doing it up.  Didn't have one as a child & it still grates.

jags24

$10 for Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks".  I've been Tangled Up In Blue ever since.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Berserker

I have a couple of coats. A Mary Quant style yellow one and a sage green velvet one. I have never worn them as I like them too much, really silly I know but I didn't want to spoil them. I'm saving them for special occasions that haven't come yet.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RaySmith

Quote from: jags24 on July 21, 2014, 11:40:17 PM
$10 for Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks".  I've been Tangled Up In Blue ever since.

That was a Simple Twist of Fate!

Perhaps, I should go for Dylan's The Times They Are a Changing -the first Dylan album  I bought back in about 1963, when I didn't even know how to pronounce his name, asking in the record shop at for the record by Bob Dielon.

I could say that hearing that record changed my life.

F(f)CUK

Absolutely nothing - I have a mix of things that are either cheap or functional

RaySmith

Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 22, 2014, 12:35:38 PM
Absolutely nothing - I have a mix of things that are either cheap or functional

Cheap/functional can be classy - like that bike you got for 50 quid, and repaired and painted, that you rode to work and back for all those years, or the Millett's rucksack you got for a fiver that has been with you all over the world.

Or the  cheap bracelet you bought your partner from a charity shop, which she loves and always wears.