watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

True view of game tonight

Started by BedsFFC, August 20, 2014, 10:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

Been away, literally just landed. I know feelings are running high but can someone give me an honest view of the game. How we set up, anything different from last two games. Who played well etc.

There was some positives from the first two games and I'd hoped we would start to get it right. From what I have read, tonight seems to be a distinct backward step

YoungsBitter

I listened to Gentleman Jim and Sean Davis but didnt see a stream and will be interested to see if a replay is possible for FFC.com if no cameras there?
Strange line up removed a lot of prior to game confidence - Fotheringham handed a start which in anyone's book is odd as he is at best a journey man and most of us would have played Eisfeld or David over him; playing a complete rookie in Sean Kavanagh at left back then playing Stafylidis - a real left back in front of him had memories of Burn playing right back with Reither playing in front of him - but everyone pleased to see Cauley Woodrow start next to McCormack, and the wonderkind Roberts started.
We started sluggish and stayed that way.
Wolves score from a well drilled corner and we do nothing from our corners all game so everyone wonders if we ever drill those ourselves but then you get back to who would drill them when the team is a fluid pool of 20 plus players?

We raised the game a bit after 30 mins but always seemed likely to concede another goal and should have just before half if the Wolves guy had put away completely unmarked header at back post.
Second half everyone is hoping that some changes might add some spark and on 50 mins the underwhelming Fotheringham is subbed for Dembele and our £11m striker moves to left midfield/#10 role behind Moussa and Cauley.

We raised the game for about 10 minutes after that sub (50-60mins) then ran out of ideas. Parker to Woodrow back to Parker, Parker to Roberts back to Parker and Wolves always looked tough to break down.
Last 30 mins the game petered out with Wolves looking more likely to score. Rodallega for Woodrow did nothing as there was little width. Kavanagh was having a pretty good game as was Bodurov, everyone else was very average. Hopefully Liverpool was watching Roberts tonight as he did nothing.
One last change saw Kavanagh come off with 10 to go and Ryan Williams came on and did nothing other than give the ball away.
In injury time McCormack got caught, gave ball away, picked up a yellow and a knock and the ball broke for Sakko who went into box and Burgess took him down so penalty. Only bright spot of game is Joronen saved it with tip onto post, hopefully boosting his confidence which otherwise was not that great.
So another frustrating 1-0 loss but without the benefit of feeling like we looked good, as we didnt.
The chopping and changing is frustrating the fans and the odd selections of Fotheringham and Kavanagh with Stafylidis playing in mid will drive a massive wedge between Magath and the fans. On top of this while saying he will give people a chance he ignored so far in the 3 games Burn, Kacanilic and Tunnicliffe completely, not made the bench even.
With Derby and Brentford fast approaching and both eminently loseable we could be 0-0-5 in all competitions by next Wednesday morning. That is followed by Cardiff home, Reading and Forest away and I think we can all assume that it is possible to lose those three, especially unless something starts to click. In which case I think it would be very unlikely that Felix will still be manager at that point.
Quark, strangeness and charm

jarv

Thank you for the comment. I listened to GJ and SD but it was too depressing to see (sorry hear) it through to the end. I know everyone says give it time but I feel we are in deep trouble this season. If only Stockdale and Sidwell had stayed and we bought a centre half.  Felix strikes me as  093.gif

BedsFFC

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 20, 2014, 10:41:05 PM
I listened to Gentleman Jim and Sean Davis but didnt see a stream and will be interested to see if a replay is possible for FFC.com if no cameras there?
Strange line up removed a lot of prior to game confidence - Fotheringham handed a start which in anyone's book is odd as he is at best a journey man and most of us would have played Eisfeld or David over him; playing a complete rookie in Sean Kavanagh at left back then playing Stafylidis - a real left back in front of him had memories of Burn playing right back with Reither playing in front of him - but everyone pleased to see Cauley Woodrow start next to McCormack, and the wonderkind Roberts started.
Wolves score from a well drilled corner and we do nothing from our corners all game so everyone wonders if we ever drill those ourselves but then you get back to who would drill them when the team is a fluid pool of 20 plus players?

We raised the game a bit after 30 mins but always seemed likely to concede another goal and should have just before half if the Wolves guy had put away completely unmarked header at back post.
Second half everyone is hoping that some changes might add some spark and on 50 mins the underwhelming Fotheringham is subbed for Dembele and our £11m striker moves to left midfield/#10 role behind Moussa and Cauley.

We raised the game for about 10 minutes after that sub (50-60mins) then ran out of ideas. Parker to Woodrow back to Parker, Parker to Roberts back to Parker and Wolves always looked tough to break down.
Last 30 mins the game petered out with Wolves looking more likely to score. Rodallega for Woodrow did nothing as there was little width. Kavanagh was having a pretty good game as was Bodurov, everyone else was very average. Hopefully Liverpool was watching Roberts tonight as he did nothing.
One last change saw Kavanagh come off with 10 to go and Ryan Williams came on and did nothing other than give the ball away.
In injury time McCormack got caught, gave ball away, picked up a yellow and a knock and the ball broke for Sakko who went into box and Burgess took him down so penalty. Only bright spot of game is Joronen saved it with tip onto post, hopefully boosting his confidence which otherwise was not that great.
So another frustrating 1-0 loss but without the benefit of feeling like we looked good, as we didnt.
The chopping and changing is frustrating the fans and the odd selections of Fotheringham and Kavanagh with Stafylidis playing in mid will drive a massive wedge between Magath and the fans. On top of this while saying he will give people a chance he ignored so far in the 3 games Burn, Kacanilic and Tunnicliffe completely, not made the bench even.
With Derby and Brentford fast approaching and both eminently loseable we could be 0-0-5 in all competitions by next Wednesday morning. That is followed by Cardiff home, Reading and Forest away and I think we can all assume that it is possible to lose those three, especially unless something starts to click. In which case I think it would be very unlikely that Felix will still be manager at that point.

Thank you kindly sir. You've made my mind up. The man has to go.

epsomraver

Just got back, it was dire, no cohesion, again the most baffling team selection, few bright moments but on the whole dire, but no excuse for the loud booing at halftime from a lot of people, got into a row with a bloke and his haridan of a mother who said" how else can you express yourself? well sorry mate but booing a team selected and set up by a no nothing manager is no excuse to boo the players who are trying their best :dft007: Also again the ref was extremely poor and biased, we had 2 yellows in ten minutes , Wolves had none for some poor tackles and pull backs. Work in progress is being optomistic

GrahamG

Confused team selection by our clown of a manager. The players looked genuinely confused by changes early in the 2nd half. Honestly, I wouldn't give any player (except Roberts) more than 4 out of 10. A hapless bunch of players picked by a hopeless manager. We didn't look likely to score all night, although we were quite dangerous from corners..... ie every time they cleared one of our corners they went up the other end and nearly scored. We are clutching at straws if we are in any way blaming the ref!

YoungsBitter

I wonder whether its the wrong man at the wrong time. The Championship teams we are facing in first 7 games are all very strong squads who know each other and are coached by strong characters. We meanwhile have the reputation of being Premiership darlings, everyone's second team and a little soft. Add then Felix with his rotating door selection, odd policies of excommunicating anyone who might leave or who do not make his standard of effort so we are left with newly landed foreigners and under 21s. We may well be 0-0-7 by the time the Forest game is over. Every opponent has seen the Fulham highlights - play out from back, no width and evrything thro Parker. They, like us, will have no clue who will actually start but they dont need to and I truly fear we will get hammered over the next 5 games including the cup game against Brentford.
Quark, strangeness and charm

terryr

Woodrow was very poor .....Very ineffective and poor when he was on the ball.
Roberts is good but holds the ball too long and doesn't seem to know what to do with it.
Referee was shockingly bad.
Really bad but didn't make the difference truth be told.
If you don't shoot you cant score.
We don't shoot at goal.
Timing was very poor and passes were sent into spaces where no one was running onto the ball.
The kids really are not up to this.
They have talent but they are just not good enough.
Back pass after back pass.
Tap, tap, tap then nothing.
Keeper is tentative and prone to hoofing the ball out of bounds after the 5th back pass.
If we don't move the ball forward we will never score.
Roberts has flashes but he is too small and loses the ball a lot. Almost looks like he's prancing for the big 4 to make an offer.
McCormick needs to shoot the ball instead of trying to be too clever.
We need to make taking corners part of our attack. This "group bunched up then running forward" is about as effective as the rubbish short corner addiction we seemed to have at the end of last season.
Wolves are a very poor team.
This is going to be a long season.

Fulham 442

BedsFFC summed up the game very well.  It was absolutely dire and we looked for the most part clueless which has to be down to the manager.  Yes I know we have a lot of new players/youngsters but some of his selections are just plain baffling and on top of that he is endlessly tinkering with the team or playing players out of position.  This has got to be sorted out asap or we will end up getting relegated again.  Wolves were very ordinary but once they scored I felt the result was never in doubt.  Worrying times indeed.

Supermitch

Quote from: YoungsBitter on August 20, 2014, 10:41:05 PM

YoungsBitter - that is an excellent summary of events tonight.

I could not fathom the tactics at all this evening.  Against Ipswich & Millwall I was unhappy with the result but not the overall performances, tonight though was a different matter.
To compound it his interview on Radio 5 Live was sheer nonsense and Claridge rightly called it as it was.

mangoputney

Every championship teams plays two lines of four

We can't even get a shot off

Crap
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Fulham 442

Sorry meant well summed up YoungsBitter!!

Lighthouse

Some promising players in a team that looks totally lost. Seemed to be confused what others were going to do. Our big signing seemed to be as clueless as everybody else.

Some nice players, shame about the team.

Felix seems to want to live up to his critics.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Felix Magath has made himself a compete Laughing Stock, and is mismanaging sine very promising youngsters. They are wasted whilst Felix stays as Manager, he must be put out of his misery, and us out of our misery, before further damage is done by this fraud. Mackintosh should follow as he recommended him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Pathetic performance largely down to magaths tactics and line up.

The goalie is out of his depth.
hoogland looked like the kid and roberts was his mentor. He was awful.
too many kids at once.
They play like strangers.
mcormack is useless and never seems to be on the same wavelength as anyone or be in the right place.
Fotheringham isnt a footballer I dont care what anyone says, he was found in the job centre.
Ryan williams should spend more time on the training ground rather than fancy tattoos and fancy hair styles. Useless.
Ref was awful.

The positives were and there wasnt much..... burgess was better but hes not the answer.
Parker tried hard and was basically in midfield on his own for 90mins.
Roberts did ok but has a lot to learn. Atleast he started.
Woodrow got a good run out and werent brilliant but worked his socks off.
Dembele had a shot.
The greeks decent but not amazing.
Kavanagh played ok but his silly yellow early on made me nervous all game that he would get a second.
The crowd were very patient.
Magath moved a step closer to the door

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Deanothefulhamfan

From listening to the game, I thought Woodrow was our only decent attacking option (Roberts had moments of magic ).... I will be interested to see how many time's he gave the ball away, as from the commentary it sounded very minimal, as appose to Mccormack who appeared like he gave the ball away on many occasions.

I would say the positive's were Kavanagh, who sounded like our MOTM, Bodurov, and Woodrow...

Biggest negative's were Fotheringham, Hoogland and Mccormack.

Youngsbitter made a really good post, and I almost agree with everything he said.

Would be interested to hear more view's from those that went.....

TrexFFC

Sounded like Bodurov was all over the place making tackles on the commentary.

Huxley

Nothing wrong with McCormack. Woodrow and him were not on the same wavelength, but Hugo and McC showed some combinations. McC had to drop into midfield as he was not getting any service.