News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bloody brilliant, we've beaten the mighty Slovenia 1-0.

Started by FatFreddysCat, June 23, 2010, 04:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

But on a proper note i've just heard the Yanks have just scored :54: to Clint and boca. Hahaha we've come second to the States.

mrska

last 10 mins i was cursing the england team  coz i'd bet on 2 - 0  lol!

sipwell

Congrats! It was stressy at times, was it not?

And now Ghana, Serbia or Germany. Who do you prefer?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

mhatc

Quote from: mrska on June 23, 2010, 05:10:19 PM
last 10 mins i was cursing the england team  coz i'd bet on 2 - 0  lol!
I was too for scoring at all. Glad the 2 best teams got through.

RidgeRider

Quote from: sipwell on June 23, 2010, 05:14:14 PM

Congrats! It was stressy at times, was it not?

And now Ghana, Serbia or Germany. Who do you prefer?

I wouldn't want Germany. Serbia and Ghana to me.

Lighthouse

I don't understand why A 1-0 nervy one sided game should vindicate Crapello and his wonderful team selections. But it does according to the pundits.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jarv

Mr. Lighthouse, spot on. England still delusional about their ability, one swallow does not make a summer.

Slovenia have some decent players but to put the result in perspective, in a recent match in the Euros, they lost 3-0 to Scotland.....at HOME. That's how good Slovenia is.

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on June 24, 2010, 03:28:21 AM
Mr. Lighthouse, spot on. England still delusional about their ability, one swallow does not make a summer.

Slovenia have some decent players but to put the result in perspective, in a recent match in the Euros, they lost 3-0 to Scotland.....at HOME. That's how good Slovenia is.
Mr Jarv,
I don't know what you call recent, but the last time Scotland beat Slovenia 3-0 away was on Oct 12th 2005...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

CorkedHat

We could have beaten them 3-0 as well. Rooney hit the post and their goalkeeper almost did a "Green". Another day it could have been three, four or five.
I don't care what you lot say, there was only one team in it and it wasn't Slovenia.
Now for the Gerries. COME ON ENGLAND  :045:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

LBNo11

...I have metaphorically strangled everyone who I have heard since the win who have spouted the same old line:-

"and now there's no reason why we can't go on to win it" AArrrgghhhh!

:035:  :031: :014:  :53: :55:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FC Silver Fox

Jarv, your quote isn't quite correct. Instead of 'one swallow does not a summer make', that should be 'one swallow does not a White House intern make'.  Do try to keep up with the times, old chap.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 24, 2010, 10:14:06 AM
Jarv, your quote isn't quite correct. Instead of 'one swallow does not a summer make', that should be 'one swallow does not a White House intern make'.  Do try to keep up with the times, old chap.

So topical because Seaman was Englands last good Keeper.

CorkedHat

I have lived half of my turbulent life in Australia and half of it in England and I'll tell you one fundamental difference between the two races and culture.
Even when Ghana had to beat Germany and the Socceroos had to beat Serbia by about 5-0 to progress did the Aussie supporter give up on their beloved team.
With England, the bloody supporters give up on them even when they win.
Have you blokes lost all sense of national pride?  :019:

Lighthouse

I didn't lose my National Pride CH Sir. It was stolen from me.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 24, 2010, 10:31:00 AM
I have lived half of my turbulent life in Australia and half of it in England and I'll tell you one fundamental difference between the two races and culture.
Even when Ghana had to beat Germany and the Socceroos had to beat Serbia by about 5-0 to progress did the Aussie supporter give up on their beloved team.
With England, the bloody supporters give up on them even when they win.
Have you blokes lost all sense of national pride?  :019:

There is national pride, them their is blind optimism.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 24, 2010, 10:42:16 AM
I didn't lose my National Pride CH Sir. It was stolen from me.
[/quote

Then with all respect, my dear Beamer, help put it back again :048:
PS - I personally know how optimism can work wonders - blind optimism or otherwise

LBNo11

...personally I have no national pride - now London Pride, that is a different matter - cheers.. :beer:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkedHat

This is sad, really, really sad. Perhaps it is just as well I left the place when I did.
Thank God for the Last Night of the Proms  :015:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 24, 2010, 11:13:53 AM
This is sad, really, really sad. Perhaps it is just as well I left the place when I did.

Don'y worry Mr Hat,there are still proud English,we just don't shout about it :dft012: :clap_hands:

CorkedHat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on June 24, 2010, 11:26:43 AM
Quote from: CorkedHat on June 24, 2010, 11:13:53 AM

Don'y worry Mr Hat,there are still proud English,we just don't shout about it :dft012: :clap_hands:

Good on you Mr S. But don't let the bastards wear you down - shout it from the rooftops otherwise you'll end up like them.
People ought to remember the influence a tiny Island up there in the North Sea has had on the world, not only in the past but right now in the world of music, literature, arts, medicine and science.
If this lot had been representative of the populace during the War we would have been speaking German, eating sauerkraut and drinking that cat's piss, Lowenbrau.
I was beginning to think that I was on my own, so it is good to hear from like minded people, Mr S.