watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sympathy for Chris David

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 28, 2014, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

He came on with 20 minutes to go when we were losing 5-2.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Craven Mad

I rate David, but I think he needs to focus on his game. Some of his passes were really sloppy and, considering he was only on for a brief spell with fresh legs, that's not good enough.

He also has a tendency of mucking about a bit in the warmups.

He's seems lacking in focus right now, and that is blocking me from feeling truly sympathetic about his lack of time..

Zu-Meister

he hasnt had a game in ages, probably accounts for his couple of mistakes. but he has energy, skill and vision. releases the ball quick too. better than ruiz all day long.

glenhodgso

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on October 28, 2014, 11:31:14 PM
He came on with 20 minutes to go when we were losing 5-2.

:plus one:

Didn't understand the logic behind any of the substitutions - especially bringing on Eisfeld with <10 minutes left - we couldn't learn anything from that, surely?

supersimmo123

The thing i like about David is his resemblance to Dembele, strong, good touch and can take a man on from midfield, i hope he gets a start in the diamond with Parker behind.

Mince n Tatties

Bringing him on then might have been to sharpen him up a little for Sat
at Wigan. (Maybe Kit has him down to play there from start)

TonyGilroy

I suspect he's too Bullardesque in his head to give the type of disciplined midfield performance Symons wants.

Discussing Ruiz after the game B+W Geezer and I both agreed that he wasn't lacking effort or discipline but what we weren't getting were the sort of forward passing that opens up the opposition. David might do that better but at the risk of exposing the defence. I don't care what others say or think Ruiz actually is very good at that aspect of the game.

epsomraver

Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 29, 2014, 08:54:04 AM
he hasnt had a game in ages, probably accounts for his couple of mistakes. but he has energy, skill and vision. releases the ball quick too. better than ruiz all day long.

That is nonsense, Ruiz had a good game last night although getting pushed and pulled about, I really wonder what game some people watch, if they did even

Baszab

Ruiz was quite good - but he had Zverotic and Hyndman behind him who were poor - and Hoogland out of position on the right exposing the midfield even more

Zu-Meister

I wonder if people notice, when ruiz challenges for a ball, he makes a movement to make it seem he is going for it, but barely ever does, and wins it on even fewer occasions. he runs about a lot in defensive positions without achieving anything, im not talking about just yesterday. im talking since he joined.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Baszab on October 29, 2014, 09:07:15 AM
Ruiz was quite good - but he had Zverotic and Hyndman behind him who were poor - and Hoogland out of position on the right exposing the midfield even more

Thought that Zverotic was OK  actually.
Hoogland didnt look interested..

snarks

Lets not turn this into anothe Ruiz thread, there are enough of them already.

Chris David has always looked useful when he's played, although IMHO prone to overdo things a bit (his dive against palace last season). Kit knows his play and obviously sees things we don't about him. May be his attitude at training does him no favours. However come the January transfer window there may be a place in the team for him.

Hope he doesn't move in, from what little I've seen of him, there is a lot of talent waiting to get out.

Two Ton Ted

David was incredibly disappointing when he came on. Compare his 20 minutes with McCormack's who wanted to get so involved he actually pushed Hoogland out of the way at one point.

I'm sure David will be off to Holland in January.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

FFC1987

Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 29, 2014, 08:54:04 AM

Nonsense.

MasterHaynes

I thought David showed why he should at worst be on the bench each game, showed skill and composure on the ball playing some clever passes and tried to push us forward.

MJG

That one pass to McCormack shows why he should be in the team. It was a positive pass into the box  something another certain player can't seem to do.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 29, 2014, 12:24:54 PM
That one pass to McCormack shows why he should be in the team. It was a positive pass into the box  something another certain player can't seem to do.

Are you matching it to a player that has a 85% pass accuracy by any chance??

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:28:14 PM

I'm matching it to someone who can't seem to play a forward ball of any danger to anyone

Zu-Meister

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:28:14 PM

85% pass accuracy doing what though?

SouthfieldWhite

David has a terrible attitude so why should anyone have any sympathy for him????