watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - TdF

Started by RidgeRider, July 05, 2010, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Evans is mellowing a bit and has won my respect. He has learned how to attack and has become a warrior. I have softened on him over the last year. He is in a break right now at the front chasing group with Cancellara. Very exciting.

CorkedHat

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 06, 2010, 04:01:36 PM
Evans is mellowing a bit and has won my respect. He has learned how to attack and has become a warrior. I have softened on him over the last year. He is in a break right now at the front chasing group with Cancellara. Very exciting.

Evans has got a whole bloody team working for him and God help anyone who gets in his way or doesn't do their bit to make sure he wins.
In the past he has hit out at cameramen, spectators, support cars, other riders, grazing cattle and innocent trees.
You have to wonder about his mental state - or as we say over here, "it is doubtful whether he's got all the roos in the top paddock".
Mellow isn't quite the word I would use to describe him Mr R. :019:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

RidgeRider

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 07, 2010, 04:10:04 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 06, 2010, 04:01:36 PM

Evans has got a whole bloody team working for him and God help anyone who gets in his way or doesn't do their bit to make sure he wins.
In the past he has hit out at cameramen, spectators, support cars, other riders, grazing cattle and innocent trees.
You have to wonder about his mental state - or as we say over here, "it is doubtful whether he's got all the roos in the top paddock".
Mellow isn't quite the word I would use to describe him Mr R. :019:

You are right, Mellow is not the word that best describes him however he is mellowing. He may have been the least liked rider in the peloton over the years for the very reason you state and I have never had any time for him however I see him changing. I think he is maturing and becoming slightly more likable but maybe he has someone telling him how to act now. :)

He had a terrific ride yesterday, very smart tactics to stay near Thor and Spartacus and for that effort he now sits in 3rd with a minute over El Pistolero. Should be rather boring today.

LA flatted and dropped a couple of minutes to Schleck and Cadel and a minute to Contador. His dreams of an 8th victory may be over.....

finnster01

Well, if the Manx Missile does not beat Thor the Ox today, the green jersey could already be over as Thor knows how to climb a mountain as well, something Cavendish never could.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Quote from: finnster01 on July 07, 2010, 02:03:28 PM
Well, if the Manx Missile does not beat Thor the Ox today, the green jersey could already be over as Thor knows how to climb a mountain as well, something Cavendish never could.

Agreed. Thor is a more complete rider than Mr. Cavendish.

Also, Geraint Thomas, the newest rising star from Wales, is sitting second and was part of the leaders group yesterday had a good TT in the prologue as well. Watch out for this young man.

CorkedHat

During the World Cup, Cricket from England and now the Tour de France I have taken up the lifestyle of a bat. I sleep all day and hang by my balls all night.
It is almost 1am and how I haven't turned into a pumpkin I don't know.
My problem is that I am addicted to sport. Instead of wasting my life writing ads I should have been a sports reporter. I have just witnessed Queensland beat NSW at Rugby League - a wonderful 3-0 whitewash to the Mighty Maroons - now it is the Cycling and later on it will Be Deutchland Deutchland Uber Alles.
As I write Cavendish and Evans are riding side by side - cue for a punch up any moment.
Who do you reckon is going to win the stage Mr R?

RidgeRider

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 07, 2010, 03:54:56 PM
During the World Cup, Cricket from England and now the Tour de France I have taken up the lifestyle of a bat. I sleep all day and hang by my balls all night.
It is almost 1am and how I haven't turned into a pumpkin I don't know.
My problem is that I am addicted to sport. Instead of wasting my life writing ads I should have been a sports reporter. I have just witnessed Queensland beat NSW at Rugby League - a wonderful 3-0 whitewash to the Mighty Maroons - now it is the Cycling and later on it will Be Deutchland Deutchland Uber Alles.
As I write Cavendish and Evans are riding side by side - cue for a punch up any moment.
Who do you reckon is going to win the stage Mr R?

Looks to me, with Farrar unable to sprint, Mr. Cavendish would have to be the favorite. No team is better than Columbia at leading out, but the other teams are getting better. Look for Thor to try his hardest to prove the Green jersey belongs on his back. Should be Cavs though at the line.

RidgeRider

Boy was I wrong. The Manx Missile was flacid today. The King is dead....long live the King.

Petacchi does it again!

CorkedHat

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 07, 2010, 04:43:27 PM
Boy was I wrong. The Manx Missile was flacid today. The King is dead....long live the King.

Petacchi does it again!

Our expert cycling commentator here in this big brown land reckons that Cavendish won't win one stage in this year's tour.
Tonight, Mr R, I shall not be able to join you with my illuminating comments and scintillating wit. I am totally knackered and I need some zzzz's so I intend to go to bed early - but enjoy the race.

RidgeRider

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 08, 2010, 11:58:09 AM

Petacchi does it again!

Our expert cycling commentator here in this big brown land reckons that Cavendish won't win one stage in this year's tour.
Tonight, Mr R, I shall not be able to join you with my illuminating comments and scintillating wit. I am totally knackered and I need some zzzz's so I intend to go to bed early - but enjoy the race.

I will 'soldier on' without you today. Today is another sprinters stage, mostly flat with some undulations. Of course there is always a breakaway, but they rarely stick (I can say this from personal experience as well as watching this race since 1984). I am predicting Petacchi will win again and there MAY be some blood at the line as the other teams smell blood in the water with Cavendish not showing anything yesterday but I wouldn't be suprised if he pulls one off today.

GC standings will not change so this is a meaningless stage  with the opportunity for most of the peloton to recover.

RidgeRider

Well, little late posting this but Cavs got it done today. Good to see Tyler Farrar back in the mix, his leadout with Robbie M, did a great job controlling the front in the last 1K, but he went the wrong way, should have gone to the outside where there was space.

CorkedHat

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 08, 2010, 11:58:09 AM

Petacchi does it again!

Our expert cycling commentator here in this big brown land reckons that Cavendish won't win one stage in this year's tour.Tonight, Mr R, I shall not be able to join you with my illuminating comments and scintillating wit. I am totally knackered and I need some zzzz's so I intend to go to bed early - but enjoy the race.

Just woke up to discover that Cavendish won the stage. Expert Commentators my arse!

CorkedHat

So Cavendish has now won two of the six stages better than almost anyone else. So where does this put him overall? First, Second, Third perhaps? No folks, he is 107th. It's risible :035:

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 09, 2010, 09:40:46 PM
So Cavendish has now won two of the six stages better than almost anyone else. So where does this put him overall? First, Second, Third perhaps? No folks, he is 107th. It's risible :035:
Mr Hat,

It is no worse than the fact that you can theoretically get an absolutely majority in the parliament with roughly 325 votes more than the other parties. I don't know which is worse.

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead