watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz star man on Saturday

Started by The Swan, March 01, 2015, 08:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Kit was singing the praises of Scott Parker following the game last Saturday. I think that the star player was Brian Ruiz. That is the best performance from him in a Fulham shirt.
I was never a great fan of him but he was outstanding on Saturday.
The Swan

Whitesideup

Exactly my sentiment. We all know he has great technical skill but yesterday it all came off ..well, until the last 10 minutes when tired legs and mind finally gave in. No real surprise as this was probably his first 90 minutes since December, maybe November. I thought he played with purpose, which is something that has been lacking from his game. .

A rather cynical fellow Fulham fan suggested this might be that now he is here for the rest of the season, he is playing for his next contract. I don't really care if he turns in performances like that every week!

J.Perkins

Yes, Ruiz was very good. However, the only person that can claim the plaudits is Parker. He was outstanding, the best I've ever seen from him. That midfield was his to control, and because of Ruiz dropping deep to pick up the ball, Parker played the holding midfield role perfectly.

Burt

He played well yesterday... Particularly in the first half. What particularly impressed was he actually got stuck in, which doesn't come naturally to him.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 01, 2015, 10:13:02 PM
Yes, Ruiz was very good. However, the only person that can claim the plaudits is Parker. He was outstanding, the best I've ever seen from him. That midfield was his to control, and because of Ruiz dropping deep to pick up the ball, Parker played the holding midfield role perfectly.
I don't think its a mere coincidence that because Ruiz was able to play in his preferred central position with a player in front of him in Woodrow that could hold the ball up he gave a great performance which just happened to coincide with Parkers best game yet.Parker was able to makes his runs because of the confidence that there was a player alongside him always available to receive the ball and 2 players to cover him when he charged forward in Ruiz and Tunnicliffe.

westcliff white

Ruiz was outstanding, but Parker was better, will Hughes had no answer to him. In fact Parker looked like he was Hughes's age and vice versa. A dominant midfield performance from Scotty P
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Outstanding performances from both of them - long may it continue.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2015, 05:23:14 AM
Scott Parker is not Captain for nothing. Apart from leading by example, running through brick walls with a heart the size of a football, he is a players player.  In a dog fight and a relegation battle, which in case it hasn't been noticed, Scott is worth two Bryan Ruiz. Yes Ruiz did have a good game for an hour, but I thought both Scott Parker and Cauley Woodrow, were outstanding, and well supported by many other players. Ruiz seems to pick and choose when he fancies it, that does not endeer me to him, but as he is still on the payroll, then Fulham will use him and try and get the best out of him. Cause in case anyone has overlooked the small detail, that I reckon he still hadn't unpacked his suitcases since his last deal fell through, at the first opportunity he will be out that door quicker than a rat up a pipe.
So I personally won't heap to much praise on him for the odd good shift, as his head is elsewhere. Fulham just have to get their money's worth out of him in the meantime.

. . . but you will heap praise on Scott Parker because you like him despite his lack of leadership and running through brick walls in the last eight games.

Let's have some balance here. All played well yesterday. All deserve praise for their performances yesterday including Ruiz who put in a particularly good performance despite your prejudices.

FulhamStu

So why has Ruiz not played like that before.  He is clearly capable.   I think he may have realised that other clubs will not come in for him unless he pulls his socks up and I hope he will keep trying to impress for the rest of the season.  I do however feel like somebidy posted earlier somewhat let down by Ruiz not doing that in the past and feel it was probably due to him thinking I don't want to be here.  Obviously the madman Magath did not help !!

snarks

Quote from: FulhamStu on March 02, 2015, 12:17:47 PM
So why has Ruiz not played like that before.  He is clearly capable.   I think he may have realised that other clubs will not come in for him unless he pulls his socks up and I hope he will keep trying to impress for the rest of the season.  I do however feel like somebidy posted earlier somewhat let down by Ruiz not doing that in the past and feel it was probably due to him thinking I don't want to be here.  Obviously the madman Magath did not help !!

Not just Bryan, that was Scotts best game for a while too, and Cauleys by a long way. Staff and Richards were better with cover in front of them.

It was a good team performance for 90 minutes, and that's the first time I can say that in 2 years.

Ruiz has played like that before.

Those who are praising him for yesterday and who appreciate his good qualities aren't necessarily blind to his weaknesses or to the possibility that he is not necessarily suited to Fulham, the Championship, the PL or English football. He is a bit of a luxury but if the players play as a team for 90 minutes then he can be the extra bit of quality that gets you something more out of a match than a mere good professional would.

Ruiz suits a side of quality or one which is hard working and fast paced (as we were yesterday). Unfortunately during his time with us we have been in decline and struggling and that suits Ruiz less than most.

Quote from: snarks on March 02, 2015, 12:21:42 PM
So why has Ruiz not played like that before.  He is clearly capable.   I think he may have realised that other clubs will not come in for him unless he pulls his socks up and I hope he will keep trying to impress for the rest of the season.  I do however feel like somebidy posted earlier somewhat let down by Ruiz not doing that in the past and feel it was probably due to him thinking I don't want to be here.  Obviously the madman Magath did not help !!

Not just Bryan, that was Scotts best game for a while too, and Cauleys by a long way. Staff and Richards were better with cover in front of them.

It was a good team performance for 90 minutes, and that's the first time I can say that in 2 years.

Exactly, it was a good team performance and one for close to 90 minutes rather than just one half.

All the players played well. They played for each other and Kit. We haven't seen that for a while as you say.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 02, 2015, 11:52:19 AM
Scott Parker is not Captain for nothing. Apart from leading by example, running through brick walls with a heart the size of a football, he is a players player.  In a dog fight and a relegation battle, which in case it hasn't been noticed, Scott is worth two Bryan Ruiz. Yes Ruiz did have a good game for an hour, but I thought both Scott Parker and Cauley Woodrow, were outstanding, and well supported by many other players. Ruiz seems to pick and choose when he fancies it, that does not endeer me to him, but as he is still on the payroll, then Fulham will use him and try and get the best out of him. Cause in case anyone has overlooked the small detail, that I reckon he still hadn't unpacked his suitcases since his last deal fell through, at the first opportunity he will be out that door quicker than a rat up a pipe.
So I personally won't heap to much praise on him for the odd good shift, as his head is elsewhere. Fulham just have to get their money's worth out of him in the meantime.

. . . but you will heap praise on Scott Parker because you like him despite his lack of leadership and running through brick walls in the last eight games.

Let's have some balance here. All played well yesterday. All deserve praise for their performances yesterday including Ruiz who put in a particularly good performance despite your prejudices.

Yet we should give special treatment and heap praise starting thread after thread for Bryan Ruiz,  the man who can't wait to leave.

NO ONE has been good for the past 8 or so games, ALL of them were good yesterday. So why is it that Ruiz warrants more recognition than Woodrow for example. There was probably one thread about Woodrow ' s outstanding performance but enough topics to be merged for Bryan's.  

Parker was the best player on the pitch and if we aren't going to acknowledged his contribution then it should be Woodrow reaping the rewards not ruiz.

Saying parker isn't a good leader in my opinion is a myth, he hasn't got much help in the dressing room in terms of leaders. Under magath with a clueless chairman, clueless CEO and a clueless manager. Parker it seemed carried the weight and expectation of the club on his shoulders and did exceptionally well. So what if he has had a spell of poor games, it's certainly not as many as ruiz has had in the past 4 years and hes the player we need most right now
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 02, 2015, 12:52:06 PM
Scott Parker is not Captain for nothing. Apart from leading by example, running through brick walls with a heart the size of a football, he is a players player.  In a dog fight and a relegation battle, which in case it hasn't been noticed, Scott is worth two Bryan Ruiz. Yes Ruiz did have a good game for an hour, but I thought both Scott Parker and Cauley Woodrow, were outstanding, and well supported by many other players. Ruiz seems to pick and choose when he fancies it, that does not endeer me to him, but as he is still on the payroll, then Fulham will use him and try and get the best out of him. Cause in case anyone has overlooked the small detail, that I reckon he still hadn't unpacked his suitcases since his last deal fell through, at the first opportunity he will be out that door quicker than a rat up a pipe.

Yet we should give special treatment and heap praise starting thread after thread for Bryan Ruiz,  the man who can't wait to leave.

NO ONE has been good for the past 8 or so games, ALL of them were good yesterday. So why is it that Ruiz warrants more recognition than Woodrow for example. There was probably one thread about Woodrow ' s outstanding performance but enough topics to be merged for Bryan's. 

Parker was the best player on the pitch and if we aren't going to acknowledged his contribution then it should be Woodrow reaping the rewards not ruiz.

Saying parker isn't a good leader in my opinion is a myth, he hasn't got much help in the dressing room in terms of leaders. Under magath with a clueless chairman, clueless CEO and a clueless manager. Parker it seemed carried the weight and expectation of the club on his shoulders and did exceptionally well. So what if he has had a spell of poor games, it's certainly not as many as ruiz has had in the past 4 years and hes the player we need most right now

Maybe posters are praising Ruiz because, in their opinion, he was by a modest margin our best player on the day.

And also because the same small group keep choosing to argue against that not unreasonable view by putting forward irrelevant counter-arguments like "the man who can't wait to leave".

Your point about "a clueless Chairman, clueless CEO and a clueless manager" illustrate the subtlety and careful analysis of your arguments.

Compare Parker's leadership with Murphy's or Hangeland's at his best and I think you will see that it falls short of what it might be even taking into account the clueless trio.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on March 02, 2015, 01:53:15 PM
Scott Parker is not Captain for nothing. Apart from leading by example, running through brick walls with a heart the size of a football, he is a players player.  In a dog fight and a relegation battle, which in case it hasn't been noticed, Scott is worth two Bryan Ruiz. Yes Ruiz did have a good game for an hour, but I thought both Scott Parker and Cauley Woodrow, were outstanding, and well supported by many other players. Ruiz seems to pick and choose when he fancies it, that does not endeer me to him, but as he is still on the payroll, then Fulham will use him and try and get the best out of him. Cause in case anyone has overlooked the small detail, that I reckon he still hadn't unpacked his suitcases since his last deal fell through, at the first opportunity he will be out that door quicker than a rat up a pipe.

Yet we should give special treatment and heap praise starting thread after thread for Bryan Ruiz,  the man who can't wait to leave.

Maybe posters are praising Ruiz because, in their opinion, he was by a modest margin our best player on the day.

And also because the same small group keep choosing to argue against that not unreasonable view by putting forward irrelevant counter-arguments like "the man who can't wait to leave".

Your point about "a clueless Chairman, clueless CEO and a clueless manager" illustrate the subtlety and careful analysis of your arguments.

Compare Parker's leadership with Murphy's or Hangeland's at his best and I think you will see that it falls short of what it might be even taking into account the clueless trio.

And likewise I suppose Murphy ' s leadership was nothing compared to the Maestro.  Comparing parker to Murphy is probably one of the most pointless things I've heard in a while. When did anyone claim parker was worthy to be compared to a fulham legend who played with much better squads than this one by the way and a better manager.

If we're going to go down that road to memory lane I hope you can recall that until Hodgson came in Murphy weren't that highly thought of amongst our fans. He was frustrating,  slow and hardly featured ahead of davis or smertin.  So along with many others Mcbride Keller Hangeland Hughes bullard Hodgson nevland kamara, Murphy managed to turn it around and save the club. Single handedly when we were a mess? No. Did he shine in the perfect system and in one of our best ever teams? Yes.

Other than parker, rodellega is the only player who can claim to have had a career in the premier league. Unless you believe ruiz did which I'm sure you do. Cameos from Amorebieta and Kaca but other than  that the rest had no idea. The manager was clueless, the CEO is clueless and so is the chairman. Add all the ingredients together and I'm not sure what more you expect from parker.

Fair enough ruiz did well on saturday but what really irritates me about this forum is it seems people have pre typed a thread hailing king ruiz before kickoff just in the hope that he has a decent game. I even read he did well to assist the bodurov goal which is ridiculous. There's praise and then there's being delusional.

Maybe we should make ruiz captain like he is for his country

But for the record in case it isn't clear enough I don't think Murphy was a better leader than Haynes even though I never saw him play and I certainly don't think parker is a better captain than Murphy.  I just don't think the situations where they led are comparable

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Forgot to add did you see Hangeland's leadership skills last year? The guy was probably our worst captain in my lifetime other than Michael brown who I just hated.

Loved Brede as a player but a better leader than parker? I know you said in his better days but to be fair I'm not sure Brede was a leader. That's probably why he played so well, less responsibility than others

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FFC1987

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 02, 2015, 02:25:57 PM

Yet we should give special treatment and heap praise starting thread after thread for Bryan Ruiz,  the man who can't wait to leave.

And likewise I suppose Murphy ' s leadership was nothing compared to the Maestro.  Comparing parker to Murphy is probably one of the most pointless things I've heard in a while. When did anyone claim parker was worthy to be compared to a fulham legend who played with much better squads than this one by the way and a better manager.

If we're going to go down that road to memory lane I hope you can recall that until Hodgson came in Murphy weren't that highly thought of amongst our fans. He was frustrating,  slow and hardly featured ahead of davis or smertin.  So along with many others Mcbride Keller Hangeland Hughes bullard Hodgson nevland kamara, Murphy managed to turn it around and save the club. Single handedly when we were a mess? No. Did he shine in the perfect system and in one of our best ever teams? Yes.

Other than parker, rodellega the only player who can claim to have had a career in the premier league. Unless you believe ruiz did which I'm sure you do. Cameos from Amorebieta and Kaca but other than  that the rest had no idea. The manager was clueless, the CEO is clueless and so is the chairman. Add all the ingredients together and I'm not sure what more you expect from parker.

Fair enough ruiz did well on saturday but what really irritates me about this forum is it seems people have pre typed a thread hailing king ruiz before kickoff just in the hope that he has a decent game. I even read he did well to assist the bodurov goal which is ridiculous. There's praise and then there's being delusional.

But for the record in case it isn't clear enough I don't think Murphy was a better leader than Haynes even though I never saw him play and I certainly don't think parker is a better captain than Murphy.  I just don't think the situations where they lead are comparable

To flip your original point Danny, why is it Ruiz get's so many criticizing threads as well? He's the first person to get hammered on here so automatically, people who like and respect him as a footballer feel the need to give him praise when its due. Before anyone mentions the price tag, we paid that happily, it's not his fault the price was inflated so much.

I think i'll post something that infuriates me and I guess backs up what others think, this is what i've seen on facebook from a clueless fan.

Rod Saxby: 'Has been out of his depth since we signed him, but on Saturday he demonstrated that the bottom half of the Championship is his natural level and he can do well there.

He might just excel every week if he sticks around to play in League 1 next season.
Like · Reply · 1 · 20 mins'

Mental.

Holders

So is Ruiz to blame for us winning on Saturday?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dannyboi-ffc

Well that comment on FB is pathetic. I'm not saying he isn't talented and he has played very well this year.  We need him but in the premier league he was useless. Whether that was down to the managers not getting the best out of him or just that he was slow to adapt I don't know. But it seems a coincidence all of a sudden he is doing well in a lesser league against inferior players.  He is too good for us and has proved that but going back to your flip side comment. I can see your point and why others stick up for him. I used to do the same with senderos.

But why are we wasting time celebrating a player who doesn't want to be here and has made that clear.  I don't care how professional others claim he is just by playing and getting on with it. In my eyes for the money he earns that just proves he isn't a spoilt brat like other players are. He still gets paid a fortune so it's not as if it was voluntary work from Ruiz although it seems that way on here.

Why aren't we praising and encouraging the likes of Woodrow and kavanagh for Saturday?  Forget my views that parker was motm, I have still made many comments about how brilliant Woodrow was and the unnoticed protection kavanagh gave to Stafy.  These are the players we should be caring about,  at least parker is settled and will probably retire here, ruiz mind has been elsewhere for two years

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 02, 2015, 02:25:57 PM

And likewise I suppose Murphy ' s leadership was nothing compared to the Maestro.  Comparing parker to Murphy is probably one of the most pointless  things I've heard in a while. When did anyone claim parker was worthy to be compared to a fulham legend who played with much better squads than this one by the way and a better manager.

If we're going to go down that road to memory lane I hope you can recall that until Hodgson came in Murphy weren't that highly thought of amongst our fans. He was frustrating,  slow and hardly featured ahead of davis or smertin.  So along with many others Mcbride Keller Hangeland Hughes bullard Hodgson nevland kamara, Murphy managed to turn it around and save the club. Single handedly when we were a mess? No. Did he shine in the perfect system and in one of our best ever teams? Yes.

Other than parker, rodellega is the only player who can claim to have had a career in the premier league. Unless you believe ruiz did which I'm sure you do. Cameos from Amorebieta and Kaca but other than  that the rest had no idea. The manager was clueless, the CEO is clueless and so is the chairman. Add all the ingredients together and I'm not sure what more you expect from parker.

But for the record in case it isn't clear enough I don't think Murphy was a better leader than Haynes even though I never saw him play and I certainly don't think parker is a better captain than Murphy.  I just don't think the situations where they led are comparable

Your points are becoming ever more exaggerated.

Why is it unreasonable to compare Parker's leadership  to that of our previous two captains? Yes, every situation is different, every player is different.

I would like to see Parker more demonstrative on the pitch. There are a lot of complaints from some quarters about Kit and his passivity. The point can be similarly made about Parker. Also, for me, Parker plays too many negative passes back to the central defenders or sideways for no obvious purpose when as the experienced pro he ought to be a bit more positive.