watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol set to be named Fulham boss in the next 48 hours

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, July 15, 2010, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/07/15/martin-jol-set-for-fulham-job-82029-26862119/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

MARTIN Jol is set to be named the new Fulham boss in the next 48 hours.

The Chronicle understands the 54-year-old would be happy to take the rolling contract on offer at Craven Cottage as well as an improved salary on his current job at Ajax.

Jol only took over at the Amsterdam Arena last summer, helping them to the Dutch Cup and second spot in the Eredivisie, but it is believed he is keen to return to the Premier League.

Talks with Sven Goran Eriksson, who has been favourite for the post, have stalled over the terms of the deal and the fat wage packet the Swede has become accustomed to with England, Manchester City and the Ivory Coast.

The Whites are keen to appoint Roy Hodgson's successor as soon as possible with the pre-season trip to Sweden on the horizon early next week, with Jol set to fit the void in SW6.

Hazey

who'd know what's true n what's not anymore, but Jol I'd be happy with.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Hazey on July 15, 2010, 06:48:29 PM
who'd know what's true n what's not anymore, but Jol I'd be happy with.

I know they're a small, local paper, but the Chronicle have been spot on with a few things in the past, most notably when Roy was set to depart and where to etc. Seems they have some sort of basic inside knowledge. I too would be satisfied with Jol.

White Noise

And he is a bald man with glasses (occassionally) as per this post on TIFF after last nights game -  :011:

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 11:40:10pm
Author: paul
Author Host/IP: 86.25.254.38
Subject: new man

talking to one of the players mums tonight,(reserve player) said an announcment will be made tomorrow and that he said the new man is bald and wears glasses (not sven0 so my money is on Bob Bradley who i think was probably their tonight

mrska

Ive always had a certain respect for Jol.  He knows the English game and has Premiership experience..

I too would be happy with this appointmeant!

LBNo11

...Martin Big Jawl it is then, the Fulham Chronicle have a good record in insider info.

He has something to prove in the premiership and even though he was manager of that loathesome north London team, I actually liked him. Happy with him over SGE any day...

Martin Jol's Blawhiarmy  :clap_hands:

Martin Jol's Blawhiarmy  :clap_hands:
Martin Jol's Blawhiarmy  :clap_hands:[/
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

White Noise

White Noise

I think Martin Jol is an appointment we can all get behind.

He is the wryest of managers, humble - shy almost, loved by the ladies, respected by his players and fellow coaches and much missed by Mrs Noise who can now enjoy my Martin Jol impressions again on a regular basis.

He also looked funnier with hair than without and can put out fires with his nose -

Motown

Nope, can't get excited about Jol. Leaving the Spurts debacle aside, he didn't impress at Hamburg. Back on home turf with Ajax he did OK (given the resource of one of Holland's premier and most established clubs) but Brolly Boy's Twente still pipped them to the title.

He certainly doesn't get my vote, but I'll take him over the Swedish fishy finger any day.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm leaning towards Hughes out of all the names touted....

I just wish the club would get off its thumbs - otherwise I might have to cancel the planned Jolly Boys Outing to Blackpool..... :dft003:

Jimpav

Jol is a very solid appointment with the tactical nous and eye for a player of Sven without the sideshow element or fear of him selling out. Did a great job for Spurs and would certainly be a step in the right direction.

FatFreddysCat

If it's not to be Hughes i'd be happy with Jol. Anyone but SGE.

White Noise

Martin Jol has been the most popular football manager in Britain over the past three years. Idolised by his own fans at Tottenham Hotspur for his honesty and no-nonsense approach to interviews, he has earned the respect of football supporters across the country; in 2006 he was voted `Manager Fans Would Least Like To Pick A Fight With' - respect! Spurs fans regularly chanted `He's got no hair, but we don't care!' to show their affection for the manager who brought stability, ambition and a serious attempt to break the stranglehold of the big four clubs to Tottenham. As far as they were concerned, Jol was a living legend, who walked on water.
Then came the bombshell. After two successive fifth place Premier League finishes, but a poor start to the new season, in August 2007 Tottenham's board declared that Jol was on borrowed time. An outcry followed, not only from Spurs fans, but from football supporters in general, who leapt to the defence of the genial Dutchman. Amid all the recrimination and intrigue, Harry Harris followed every twist and turn, with exclusive access to Jol himself as he revealed his inner-most thoughts on his turbulent time at Spurs, his managerial techniques, his childhood in rural Holland, his fondness for Clacton-on-Sea and his passion for art. He also discusses how he once turned down Alex Ferguson, a unique insight into his managerial motivational techniques, his love of Kafka and Hemingway - and an incredible story of international smuggling!

White Noise

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

White Noise

SuffolkWhite

Jol would be a good appointment, I joked about this on another thread when Woy left. A solid manager IMO. Thank God we don't have people like Sanchez in the offing anymore.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"