Main Menu

FFC v Brentford

Started by Baszab, March 30, 2015, 10:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: MJG on March 31, 2015, 09:11:52 AM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on March 31, 2015, 08:08:28 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 31, 2015, 07:16:52 AM
Brentford were given 6200 tickets according to their official website, as of yesterday they had 150 still to sell.
I actually rang Fulham ticket office and asked to speak to the manager to ask why on earth they were given that many.
The reason is if they had given Brentford 3-4000 the minute they sold out Fulham would had to take the game off general sale on police advice ,FFC estimated a crowd of around 16k. I brought some extra tickets yesterday and 22,600 had been sold with the Hammersmith end practically sold out, FFC are now expecting a crowd in excess of 24,000.
It was purely a bums on seat decision.Actually think its the right thing after initially considering it a ridiculous decision.Will be fantastic if we win and painful if we lose, generally take all this talk of trouble with a pinch of salt. We used to get it from QPR about about how they were going to infiltrate our stands, turn our pubs over etc, never happened.

I'd rather 10 thousand empty seats then a "home" atmosphere for a local rival when we desperately need a result for our league position, confidence and for us long suffering fans.

Another poor decision from the club. We all saw what happened with the supposed divide between home/neutral  fans and the away fans at the Millwall game. They will have the entire Putney end and will make a hell of a noise.
I'll turn it round... What would you think if they only gave us 500 seats for the corresponding fixture if we were in their position?

I'd think fair play why would you want to make it like a home game for your opposition?

As for the they will buy them let's take the money argument surely we would make more money and sell more seats in the long run if we started winning games and you start off on the wrong foot by putting your team at a disadvantage.

The Enclosurite

General Sale should never have been an option for this game.  It should be home fans with booking history and away fans in their own section.  Now we are going to have (as per usual) pockets of away fans springing up all over the ground - only for this game the potential consequences are going to be more than just an annoyance I'm afraid.
¡COYW!

SouthfieldWhite

After initiallythinking it was bad idea, I changed my mind,

Brentford would of come in numbers in the neutral section anyway
Giving our Putney end season ticket holders the chance to move elsewhere was also right.

Now all the Brentford fans can all sit together without them trying to get tickets in the Fulham ends.

I agreeing, there's always scare mongering going on.
I'd be very surprise if theres any Brentford in the Fulham ends, there not even sold the Putney end yet.

If there is any trouble, it won't be inthe ground .
The great thing about this game is kids for a fiver( for fulham fans) where we are charging the£20 for a Brentford kid, that will really wind them up

Who ever made this a family day though needs to be shot, as without scaremongering, this fixture has the biggest potential to ko out side the ground than any other this season, there was always a chance this one would sell wellso can't see the benefit of making it the family day

Roberty

Why not a family day?

It is a holiday weekend for everyone and encouraging kids to come to the cottage has to be the way to secure our clubs long-tern future

Providing entertainment for kids should encourage families to attend and discourage violent behaviour

An alternative might be set everything up for a mass prize fight between rival fans ?

Hum - I think not !
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Roberty on April 01, 2015, 10:06:51 AM
Why not a family day?

It is a holiday weekend for everyone and encouraging kids to come to the cottage has to be the way to secure our clubs long-tern future

Providing entertainment for kids should encourage families to attend and discourage violent behaviour

An alternative might be set everything up for a mass prize fight between rival fans ?

Hum - I think not !

What are you going on about.

I'm not against family days, in fact Id have more, just not against Brentford.
We'd of nearly sold this fixture without a family day and could of used it at a game where we didn't sell out.

I take it you didn't go to either of the games at Brentfordthis season?

If you had you'd of seen afterwards that it had the potential to kick off.

Do you think young kids seeing that would want them to come again?

Roberty

So it would be a good idea to have them more often and not just at this game?

I didn't and family commitments mean that I will not be at the Cottage on Friday either but what has that got to do with it?

If you want to start a war let the thugs and bullies take over the club needs to provide an alternative narrative so have a family day might lighten things up
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Fulham76

[/quote]
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on April 01, 2015, 10:25:53 AM
Quote from: Roberty on April 01, 2015, 10:06:51 AM
Why not a family day?

Hum - I think not !

What are you going on about.

I'm not against family days, in fact Id have more, just not against Brentford.
We'd of nearly sold this fixture without a family day and could of used it at a game where we didn't sell out.

I take it you didn't go to either of the games at Brentfordthis season?

If you had you'd of seen afterwards that it had the potential to kick off.

Do you think young kids seeing that would want them to come again?

Agreed.

Certainly no need for Brentford to be a 'family' day. There's a higher chance of crowd trouble at this one, which won't encourage youngsters, or their parents for that matter to repeat the experience.

Family day games are a good idea for us but not needed for a game that was always going to be a decent turnout.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Roberty on April 01, 2015, 08:12:54 PM
So it would be a good idea to have them more often and not just at this game?

I didn't and family commitments mean that I will not be at the Cottage on Friday either but what has that got to do with it?

If you want to start a war let the thugs and bullies take over the club needs to provide an alternative narrative so have a family day might lighten things up

Sorry you've lost me,
You not being there? Where did that come from?
Yes I'd have more family days to help get more fans to support the club, just wouldn't of had it against Brentford because of the potential for it to kick off.

What's so hard to understand about that?

bill taylors apprentice

So, as we have enabled so many of them to attend at the Putney end can I assume the club will enforce a strict no away fans among the home supporters rule ?
Because I can almost guarantee they will be around me in the Riverside based on what happens at most home matches.