https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So should we accept £10mil

Started by Twig, April 27, 2015, 01:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copthornemike

Quote from: Twig on April 27, 2015, 01:51:00 PM
For Pat Roberts? 

Would we accept 10m from Man U or City or whichever big spending club if it were offered?  And, should we? 
We should take the money.

At the moment I am afraid Roberts is still mostly potential - and we may unfortunately not be the right club to get him to the next level as we could still struggle next season.

So I regretfully must say take the money. We need to invest in the right, new players for next season. 

Would have been a different scenario if this had been a successful season overall.

..Kya.ffc..

Yes - But only if we get like a + 10-20% resell value and if we where to put ALL the money into reinvestment on new players.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Lighthouse

I haven't seen the genius that he is supposed to be. In the little we have seen of him he looks light weight, head down but tricky. Like Dembele I think he isn't there yet. Fofana up the middle looks decent going forward. But we really can't tell yet if any of the promise will turn into success.

Fofana is clearly closer to the finished article however. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jonaldiniho 88

10mill is wishful thinking. If it was offered sell him and as mentioned above get clauses on resell or appearances or maybe first refusal in the future. 

Black, White and Fred

I would take £10M plus Fofana with 10% sell on, like others have said at the moment he isn't that great of a player. Hasn't been tearing it up in U21s like he did in the U18s. What if he never comes good? That said if he accepts and 5 year contract than I would prefer that. But I would want that sorted before the beginning of next season.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

BalDrick

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 27, 2015, 06:15:25 PM
Quote from: JDH101 on April 27, 2015, 06:09:41 PM
Sell him to one of the big boys for cash plus a season long loan of one their better squad players with us paying zero wages.

Terry Tibbs.

+ Roberts back on loan for a year or three.
But would he feature?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Southdowns White