watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin Jol Speaks About Fulham

Started by White Noise, July 19, 2010, 11:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fulham target Keane and Ireland as new boss Jol is handed £25m war chest - Exclusive

Published 23:00 19/07/10

By Darren Lewis

Martin Jol has broken his silence on why he has turned his back on Ajax to make a dramatic return to England with Fulham.

Mirror Sport revealed on Friday that Jol was set to take over from Roy Hodgson, now at Liverpool.

The 54-year-old Dutchman, sacked three years ago by Spurs, has been handed a £25million war-chest by Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed - in stark contrast to Ajax where his best players are being sold.

Jol said: "On Thursday evening Fulham contacted me. Fulham said they wanted me as their new manager and they contacted Ajax.

"The Premier League is the best competition in the world, and I like London very much. Fulham is a great opportunity.

"The way it is going at Ajax we cannot play for the title, or the biggest prizes."

Despite missing out on the title by just point last season and qualifying for the Champions League, Jol is unhappy that the Ajax board are ready to sell the likes of World Cup striker Luis Suarez.

He added: "For the past two weeks I have been very worried about what is going to happen with Ajax.

"In the past they have paid too much for not so good players and now they have no money to invest in the squad."

Jol has put Spurs striker Robbie Keane top of his wish-list.

The Dutchman is also targeting free agent David James to replace Arsenal-bound Mark Schwarzer in goal and is keen on rivalling Aston Villa for Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland.

Fulham will pay Ajax £1.2million compensation for the former Spurs boss, who will be officially unveiled before their friendly at Swedish side Halmstad on Thursday.

Jol has lined up brother Cornelius and fitness coach Mike Lindemann to follow him from Amsterdam to Craven Cottage.

The trio combined to lead Ajax to runners up spot in the Dutch league last season, missing out on the title by a single point to Steve McClaren's FC Twente.

Spurs paid £12million to bring Keane back from Liverpool two seasons ago.

But Keane, who played the best football of his career at the club under Jol, struggled under Harry Redknapp.

The Irishman was made captain under Jol's reign and - despite an early bust-up which saw Keane storm from the bench at Birmingham after all three subs had been used - Keane prospered.

The striker's main strength under Jol was that he was able to find the net in away games while then-strike partner Dimitar Berbatov and Jermain Defoe were mostly prolific at White Hart Lane.

Spurs are keen to offload 30-year-old Keane for around £5million to accommodate Craig Bellamy from Manchester City.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Fulham-target-Tottenham-s-Robbie-Keane-and-Manchester-City-s-Stephen-Ireland-as-new-boss-Martin-Jol-is-handed-25m-war-chest-Exclusive-article530443.html#ixzz0uAeKhnIn

os5889

Sweet dreams for me, surest sign yet he's on his way, cheers mr WN

White Noise

Quote from: os5889 on July 20, 2010, 12:09:58 AM

No worries OS. Who is the bird in the bikini by the way?

os5889

Quote from: White Noise on July 20, 2010, 12:13:11 AM

I wish I knew, a lucky day on google, wish I remember where I found the picture

os5889

Also to reaffirm what you posted...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6270864,00.html

Jol explains Fulham lure
Dutchman cannot wait for England return

Martin Jol has revealed why he is planning to leave Ajax to return to the Premier League with Fulham.

Fulham have targeted former Tottenham boss Jol to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage following the Englishman's departure to Liverpool.
The Cottagers are thought to be thrashing out a compensation deal with Ajax for Jol and hope to have their new man on board before Thursday's pre-season friendly with Halmstad.

Jol insists the Fulham job is too good to turn down because he is unsure of Ajax's future as they plan to sell some of their best players.

"On Thursday evening Fulham contacted me. Fulham said they wanted me as their new manager and they contacted Ajax," Jol told the Daily Mirror.

"The Premier League is the best competition in the world, and I like London very much. Fulham is a great opportunity.

Worried

"The way it is going at Ajax we cannot play for the title, or the biggest prizes.
"For the past two weeks I have been very worried about what is going to happen with Ajax.

"In the past they have paid too much for not so good players and now they have no money to invest in the squad."

White Noise

Quote from: os5889 on July 20, 2010, 07:58:17 AM
Quote from: White Noise on July 20, 2010, 12:13:11 AM

I wish I knew, a lucky day on google, wish I remember where I found the picture

Found her OS. Lisa Gleave. Born in Surfers Paradise. Too right.

http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/133136.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Gleave