watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

24 October - planning ahead

Started by Vienna1, June 30, 2015, 07:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vienna1

Way too early, I know. But I will be in London on 24 October watching Fulham v Reading. Anyone going? Interested in a pint before kick off?? Just my little question ...
082.gif

dannyboi-ffc

Sounds good to me! There's a few on here that I can convince to pop down too so at least you get to meet 5 or 6 members. Look forward to it!

Remind me nearer the time
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

hovewhite

i shall be in my office at the railway before the game and your more than welcome to join me.

Vienna1

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 30, 2015, 08:14:07 PM
Sounds good to me! There's a few on here that I can convince to pop down too so at least you get to meet 5 or 6 members. Look forward to it!

Remind me nearer the time

Thanks mate! In case we meet at a pub: A round is on me. Will be my pleasure!
Thanks for your hospitality!

Vienna1

Quote from: hovewhite on June 30, 2015, 08:17:15 PM
i shall be in my office at the railway before the game and your more than welcome to join me.

Thanks a lot. I have no clue where that is (office at the railway...), but will be on my way come October. Cheers ;-))

dannyboi-ffc

No problem, looking forward to it

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Hong Kong Fulham fan

If I can make it over, i'd love to meet up for a few pints before the game.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Vienna1 on June 30, 2015, 07:22:39 PM
Way too early, I know. But I will be in London on 24 October watching Fulham v Reading. Anyone going? Interested in a pint before kick off?? Just my little question ...
082.gif

Sorry to sound a bit upfront here, but I find it slightly odd that you've posted the exact same thing on a QPR forum, saying that you'll be watching the MK Dons game. Care to explain?

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?188495-24-October-just-stupidly-planning-ahead

leonffc

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 01, 2015, 01:06:30 AM
Way too early, I know. But I will be in London on 24 October watching Fulham v Reading. Anyone going? Interested in a pint before kick off?? Just my little question ...
082.gif

Sorry to sound a bit upfront here, but I find it slightly odd that you've posted the exact same thing on a QPR forum, saying that you'll be watching the MK Dons game. Care to explain?

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?188495-24-October-just-stupidly-planning-ahead

Busted!!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: leonffc on July 01, 2015, 12:08:37 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 01, 2015, 01:06:30 AM
082.gif

Busted!!

Just seems very odd to me.

bill taylors apprentice

094.gif
It's all gone quiet over there !!!
096.gig

dannyboi-ffc

If thats the case then I withdraw my offer to meet up. Nothing personal, just more to do with the fact that you are a stranger and that behaviour is a bit unusual to me. You could be genuine but this does make me question your motives.

Sorry. Looking forward to hearing your explanation.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

YankeeJim

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc li :kettle pot:nk=topic=48343.msg681913#msg681913 date=1435755080
If thats the case then I withdraw my offer to meet up. Nothing personal, just more to do with the fact that you are a stranger and that behaviour is a bit unusual to me. You could be genuine but this does make me question your motives.

Clearly the man is looking for an English team to support. Show him Fulham class and it'll contrast quite well with that other team and FFC will have another fan. BTW, should with trust a Fulham fan who is reading the ha-ha's forum?  :kettle pot:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

gang

Wie merkwürdig Wien 1, haben Sie ein Zwilling?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 01, 2015, 07:17:43 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc li :kettle pot:nk=topic=48343.msg681913#msg681913 date=1435755080

Clearly the man is looking for an English team to support. Show him Fulham class and it'll contrast quite well with that other team and FFC will have another fan. BTW, should with trust a Fulham fan who is reading the ha-ha's forum?  :kettle pot:

Its a difficult one, how do we know he isnt a brentford nutcase who is planning an attack on both qpr and fulham. Obviously that is an exaggeration but it does seem suspect to me.  Put it this way I'm sure he is a great guy and it would be a pleasure meeting him but he is far less active on this forum than myself and how.many would come to one of the meet ups I arrange if I was caught arranging the same thing with my pals over at Shepherds Bush? I doubt many. Why dont you come over Jim for a pint too and the three of us can have a international group hug.

Would also like to think a visit to Craven Cottage will be enough to cement his love for Fulham, we are a friendly club and he will feel welcome at a game. I would like to think that is more likely to convince him to be black and white more so than a pint with dannyboi. Although I am quite persuasive...........I SAID SUPPORT THE COTTAGERS GOD DAMN IT!!!!!   :dead horse:

Lets leave it as I will think about it.....  :022:

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

YankeeJim

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 01, 2015, 07:59:06 PM

Clearly the man is looking for an English team to support. Show him Fulham class and it'll contrast quite well with that other team and FFC will have another fan. BTW, should with trust a Fulham fan who is reading the ha-ha's forum?  :kettle pot:

Its a difficult one, how do we know he isnt a brentford nutcase who is planning an attack on both qpr and fulham. Obviously that is an exaggeration but it does seem suspect to me.  Put it this way I'm sure he is a great guy and it would be a pleasure meeting him but he is far less active on this forum than myself and how.many would come to one of the meet ups I arrange if I was caught arranging the same thing with my pals over at Shepherds Bush? I doubt many. Why dont you come over Jim for a pint too and the three of us can have a international group hug.

Would also like to think a visit to Craven Cottage will be enough to cement his love for Fulham, we are a friendly club and he will feel welcome at a game. I would like to think that is more likely to convince him to be black and white more so than a pint with dannyboi. Although I am quite persuasive...........I SAID SUPPORT THE COTTAGERS GOD DAMN IT!!!!!   :dead horse:

I'll assume there was no sarcasm in the group hug, and I will get there one day. Perhaps we could all take of a collection for Greece and sing Kumbaya after the hug.  :005:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 01, 2015, 10:03:17 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 01, 2015, 07:59:06 PM

Its a difficult one, how do we know he isnt a brentford nutcase who is planning an attack on both qpr and fulham. Obviously that is an exaggeration but it does seem suspect to me.  Put it this way I'm sure he is a great guy and it would be a pleasure meeting him but he is far less active on this forum than myself and how.many would come to one of the meet ups I arrange if I was caught arranging the same thing with my pals over at Shepherds Bush? I doubt many. Why dont you come over Jim for a pint too and the three of us can have a international group hug.

I'll assume there was no sarcasm in the group hug, and I will get there one day. Perhaps we could all take of a collection for Greece and sing Kumbaya after the hug.  :005:

Sounds like a plan! I won't need your number or anything to find you in the pub, easily recognisable. Has anyone ever told you that you look an awful lot like Shahid Khan? The resemblance is so strong that I almost thought it was the good man himself.  Whose the other guy out of interest?  051

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Vienna1

Hi friends,

I would be good to read my introduction! Since you are great in the copy/paste business I guess I may copy my introduction here (see far below). 

I said I am not really a fan of any particular club but rather of football itself (did you read that???). I never hided that. I said that Fulham FC have a special place in may heart since I saw them in the final in Hamburg , which is absolutely true. Look, I am in no way in a position to justify myself if and why I registered at a forum at another club. Let's agree that I am an adult and I am perfectly free to do whatever I wish to!!!!!!!!!

No, I have no affiliation  with QPR.  But I am free to be in touch with whoever I want to be. If I join the forum of an Canadian ice hockey team or a Mongolian basketball team I can do so, and its none of your business! If anyone of you has a problem with that, he has lost a fan! I am in no way willing to justify myself for whatever I am doing. Like me and accept me the way I am or not. Its absolutely your decision!

I am interested in football and English football in particular. But quote from my introduction  "Possibly I would be a better journalist or referee than fan." my affiliation towards Fulham FC is: very sympathetic, great club and for the first time I am even considering buying a shirt  of a club. (black poo for me, it makes more slim....)." 

Up to you what you think of it. Just bear in mind what ever you do , you are the fans of Fulham FC, you are a business card of the club. Any negative reaction will cast a negative reaction on your club.     

I am in no way interested discussing my personal rights with you, let alone what I am allowed to do or what I am not allowed to do. I am no teenager any more! Stop this silly  school boys mentality, which goes reporting to the teacher  "I caught  XXX smoking, what a bad guy he is, his mother should be ordered to come to school". Children!!! If that is what you want:  forget me! The ball is in YOUR court, definitely not in mine. Think I you want to gain or lose a supporter of your club. But don't you dare to try to take away my liberty, freedom and independence! I wont accept that!!!

Best -   

Re: Have we ever introduced ourselves?
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2015, 07:44:46 PM »    Quote  Modify  Remove

A little introduction if I may (I guess that's the idea here). I am Martin, I live in Vienna, Austria. I am probably more of a football fan than have any affiliation to a particular club. Possibly I would be a better journalist or referee than fan. But Fulham always had a special place in my heart! Very sympathetic club! I was in Hamburg in 2010 and by chance got a ticket for the Atletico Madrid final. Great game. I was within visibility of Hugh Grant.... 

I consider myself a guest here. I like you website, makes a very good impression. I feel well here. I think a good website is like a business card of a club. If people are being made feel welcome, they automatically like the club!

Another reason why I am here: I will be in London end of October and would only be too happy to watch Fulham FC at Craven Cottage (v Reading on 24 October?).  Thanks for reading my intro. In case of any questions feel free to ask.  Good luck to you all!

ScalleysDad

I'm in. A pint before midday. Rock and roll and all that but don't let the current Mrs Short know.

YankeeJim

Martin, no worries mate. Just understand that aside from Chelsea, no club is disliked more than QPR. If I could be there in October, I'd gladly share a pint with you.   082.gif