News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

where do you expect us to finish this season?

Started by irishfulham, July 08, 2015, 01:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

If Kit will just put on his thinking cap and get Burn back in his natural position at right back, we should be well sorted out and fighting for first.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Twig

Last year's squad was hopelessly unbalanced.  We have largely addressed the midfield and should have more width and creativity. However in no way have we sorted the the back four options.  Central defense is still weak, left side relies on Kav and even the right side has only been "strengthened" to the extent that we have signed Jazz on a permanent basis.
For me that adds up to mid table not top 6.
If we spend some serious money on quality defenders then, and only then, could I agree with those who make statements like, "top six must be the minimum requirement". Right now I don't see it.

FPT

I can give you my prediction after the Crystal Palace match. I'll be at the game so I can watch the performance, shape, synergy etc, and we should have the last pieces of our squad in place given the speed of our early transfer window business. But at this point in time, it's pretty impossible to guess with any accuracy.

Rupert

Quote from: FPT on July 08, 2015, 03:16:44 PM
I can give you my prediction after the Crystal Palace match. I'll be at the game so I can watch the performance, shape, synergy etc, and we should have the last pieces of our squad in place given the speed of our early transfer window business. But at this point in time, it's pretty impossible to guess with any accuracy.

Yes, only an idiot would try and be too precise with any prediction at this stage.

4th, 76 points, goal difference of plus 12.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Riversider

rusty shackleford

leonffc

rusty shackleford

jms

The Rock

A very comfortable 13th place. £5m on two defenders and please replace "13th" with "3rd".

hovewhite

play offs at least so somewhere in the top 6!

HillingdonFFC

Genuinely think with a good centre half(or two) ideally Dunk, and another midfielder we could seriously challenge the top six or dare I say better

MJG

As it stands 9-11th due to still needing at least two players. With the right ones in we can easily I believe be top eight upwards.
Make it another defender and top striker on top of those two and I'd say top 4.

FortCollinsFulham

10th, so I don't get my hopes up. Perhaps a little higher with the purchase of a couple more players, specifically shoring up the defense. I really do like the path we've been on this off-season though, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

mike_corkcity12

I think Burnely will be very strong. Middlesbrough have not strengthened at all this summer. On paper Hull have a very strong squad.

hmm. Top 6 I should hope.

Lighthouse

Well we can't really judge until we know the squad. But last season I said with the squad we had, we would struggle for 12th. We seem to be going in the right direction with signings so far. So based on my  poor prediction of 12th. I shall be pleased with no lower than 8th.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Vienna1

in the upper half of the table
better than last season