News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

where do you expect us to finish this season?

Started by irishfulham, July 08, 2015, 01:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

after last years catastrophic season due to magath etc things went terribly. this year we have had time to get accustomed to the league we now play in, we have plenty of time to prepare and sign the needed players. where do you expect us to finish? personally i think we need to be pushing for promotion anything under 6th place i wont be satisfied

God The Mechanic

I always expected promotion to be a two season project.  After the shambles of last season, if we can correct those errors and still somehow make it I will be VERY happy.  There's still a fair bit of work to be done before the season starts, but it's fortunately a little way off yet.

Sgt Fulham

around 10th-12th right now. If we sort out our defence maybe top 6 if things go right.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

tommy

I think we are one defender away from top 6 now. We've bought well so far, players that mean our best players can actually play in there best positions. Imagine what it will be like this season sitting in the Jonny Haynes or Riverside and actually being quite close to a midfielder as they run up and down the wing, rather then all crammed in the middle of the park. I'm dying to see Roberts running up that right wing, even if it is just for one season.

leonffc

Still needing at least a centre half and maybe one other, leaving potentially 7 new players to gel to a group of players that never gelled last season coupled with a manager that struggled with tactics and substitutions and I don't really see us finishing higher than between 15th - 10th.

BUT if Kit really has learnt from his mistakes and our (HIS) new players settle in immediately then maybe a play off spot of 6th - but I'm very sceptical. I just can't see it I'm afraid. I hope I'm wrong.

GloucesterWhite

4th. It looks like we will strenthen the defence if the rumours are correct. Only problem now is Kit. If he can get his act together I think we have a chance of going up.

Craven Mad

It's very hard to say right now.

I'm pleased with the signings we've made and I think we'll be stronger because of them this season.

I am slightly worried that we're plucking players from weak sides though (albeit some of their best players) - Pringle, Lonergan, Jazz (counting his only real play last year was with us) and O'Hara were all players from lower-half sides and this may have an impact on confidence, etc...

I hope Kit can instill a winning mentality in the squad as it's so vital for confidence and momentum in this league.

I'd currently predict top ten, but think we could look higher if our defence is strengthened with a couple of CBs, an LB and a DM.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

Walsh

7th - 10th.

If the team start moulding well i don't see why we can't get play-offs but at this point I'm going to say 8th.

Wingnut

I am happy with how the squad is shaping up at this stage and I would expect to finish somewhere between 6th and 10th.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

fulhamben

11th midfield is starting to take shape, but we are weaker up front and in defence as it stands
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

WestCountryWhite

Top 6 has to be bare minimum we have the forward line and midfield (almost) now to focus on the defence. Still think we need a left back, two centre backs, a defensive midfielder, right winger and if I'm being greedy a Barry Goals

fulhamben

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on July 08, 2015, 09:45:36 AM
Top 6 has to be bare minimum we have the forward line and midfield (almost) now to focus on the defence. Still think we need a left back, two centre backs, a defensive midfielder, right winger and if I'm being greedy a Barry Goals
we dont really have the forward line though (pressuming mitro leaves)

Blanco

Top half of the table. I hope we can get near promotiom but I can't see it. Funny how we are all being so much more realistic than last season. We understand how complicated it is to compete in the Championship. There are teams who have been putting together good sides for years like Middlesborough and still missed out on promotion. I think it will take atleast another season after this next one to contend for the playoffs.

filham

Yes, we have bought in three midfielders that should help solve one  problem but we have yet to fill the big problem at left back and a new solid centre back is needed.

We don't know yet how last season's raw youngster have developed, lets be honest the only young player of top championship quality  last season was LVC. Hopefully this season Woodrow, Dembele and Roberts could make an impact.

Too early to say how we will do but it will take a lot to convert last season's relegation candidates into this season's promotion candidates.
I am looking for a mid table position with some good performances at the Cottage.

keithh

Not sure that I can visualise a top 6 position, so I'll opt for 7th.

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

FFC1987

My heart says top 6 with a wild card 2nd...my head says 14th.