watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Cecil RIP

Started by nose, July 29, 2015, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

The year is 2015 and people are still killing animals for sport.... for sport!
This is nothing to do with killing for food
it is nothing to do with middle class namby pamby not understanding country ways

it simply killing another creature just for the sake of the pleasure of being able to do it.... not the thrill of the hunt (what astupid expression that is) or self defence..... just for the shere pleasure of it.

And in the commons there are half wits that want to bring back the legalisation of hunting with dogs, one of the most unnecessary and unpleasant forms of killing for pleasure there is.

Hunting is just that, killing for sport, killing for pleasure. The people that do and condone this activity are reprehensible

Poor old cecil, his only crime was to be a lion in Africa and for that he was shot with a crossbow. Whether the kill was legal or not is not relevant to me, killing for sport is reprehensible.

Killing for pleasure, killing for sport, it is worth repeating becaus that is all it is and I repeat this is 2015, surely we shouldn't be allowing this any more.

Thank you for listening.

Rupert

Can't argue with any of that, just an observation, the killer is now discovering what it is like to be hunted himself, albeit only by the press at the moment. He must be worried that a concerned citizen might take matters further.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Holders

It won't do much good for his dental business.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

I saw this on the news last night and was disgusted. Not content with the cross-bow, the lion was then shot, beheaded and skinned.

Sgt Fulham

Paying £30,000 to shoot a lion unprovoked and kill it while there are still people unable to access clean drinking water...so sad. How people enjoy seeing majestic animals die is beyond me, I feel guilty enough just killing a spider.

Mince n Tatties

Paid money to kill it as well.
When they find him they should throw him
in with the lions in some Zoo,ones that have just
been fed,so they play with him for a little while  before
they bite his head off..

bog

I was just going to post about this. I am absolutely seething. These w****** are so brave. This dentist who so cleverly lured Cecil out of his safe haven to a death that lasted over 40 hours I hope has his own teeth rearranged....quite often. :dft007: I just cannot see the joy in such a heinous pastime.

RIP Cecil.

092.gif   

BigbadBillyMcKinley

£100 it was an American!
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Craven Mad

This guy is an absolute embarrassment.

He feels powerful by killing big animals, but has to pay thousands of dollars for someone else to bait the animal into a trapped area, heavily sedate the animal until it offers no threat and then pathetically shoots it with a bow from the safety of a vehicle before the guides finish the job with a gun.

I hope he now feels as pathetically small and helpless as the poor animals he's slaughtered for kicks and realises quite how shameful his behaviour has been.

He's no hyper-macho huntsman, he's a bloody dentist from a town named Bloomington. Grow up, man.

Lighthouse

Like Cecil, the dentist is an easy target. Hunting has gone on forever and some animals are bred especially to be hunted like we breed animals to be eaten.

In this Country Foxes and Badgers will need to be controlled. People will see a way of making money out of it in the same way Wild Game hunting is money orientated. So to stop hunting for sport one of the things we need to do is to stop the opportunity for money to be made.

From hunting for sport to hunting for rhino horn etc for so called medicinal purposes.  The simple fact is we need to stop the money. People will not see it as wrong while there is dosh to be made.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

He has a collection of stuffed creatures he
has killed before...Sick Sod...

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2015, 01:21:20 PM
Like Cecil, the dentist is an easy target. Hunting has gone on forever and some animals are bred especially to be hunted like we breed animals to be eaten.

In this Country Foxes and Badgers will need to be controlled. People will see a way of making money out of it in the same way Wild Game hunting is money orientated. So to stop hunting for sport one of the things we need to do is to stop the opportunity for money to be made.

From hunting for sport to hunting for rhino horn etc for so called medicinal purposes.  The simple fact is we need to stop the money. People will not see it as wrong while there is dosh to be made.

some people don't see anything as wrong if there is money to be made hence contract killings, vice rings, drug smugglers etc...what makes hunting so loathsome is the animal itself has no say whatsoever in what is happening, it doesn't know or is not given any choice.... it is a genuinely innocent victim.

Mince n Tatties

There is an ass hole like him lives in New Forest.
Was in the paper a while back,he boasts about all he has
shot,elephants included..
Big brave boys behind a gun arent they...

Domino 1879

This asshole was not doing it to make money, just for his own sick pleasure.  Another example of how ignorant and self-obseesed the gun-toting members of American 'culture' are.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Domino 1879 on July 29, 2015, 01:31:04 PM
This asshole was not doing it to make money, just for his own sick pleasure.  Another example of how ignorant and self-obseesed the gun-toting members of American 'culture' are.

The guides who took him on the hunt were there to make money.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oakeshott

Nose

As a matter of interest, in this context, ie shooting for pleasure, do you see a distinction between animals and birds? I don't, and within a couple of weeks hundreds of folk will be out shooting grouse etc.

I once went fishing with a friend (coincidentally a dentist) and was dismayed to find that where we went there was a kill what you catch policy - never went back there again.

Personally I think the current instance has been massively over-sentimentalised - the guy concerned may be richer than many who kill for pleasure and the lion may have had a name (not that he was any kind of pet), but I feel equally unhappy about the mass killing of game in the UK, or for that matter hunting foxes with hounds. Lighthouse is, I am sure, correct in saying that the number of foxes and badgers in the countryside need to be controlled, just like rats in town, but doing it professionally as a control matter is one thing - making it the focus of a day's "fun" is (for me) quite another.

Peabody

How can anyone justify this foul practice? The Hunters are incorrectly named, they are cowards, who are in no danger from their prey. As for hunting in this country, well, it may well have gone on for centuries but that surely does not make it right, an animal is targeted and then chased for hours by people who have nothing better to do with their time than persecute and torture deer or fox.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Peabody on July 29, 2015, 01:45:24 PM
How can anyone justify this foul practice? The Hunters are incorrectly named, they are cowards, who are in no danger from their prey. As for hunting in this country, well, it may well have gone on for centuries but that surely does not make it right, an animal is targeted and then chased for hours by people who have nothing better to do with their time than persecute and torture deer or fox.

Well Said Sir...

nose

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 29, 2015, 01:42:40 PM
Nose

As a matter of interest, in this context, ie shooting for pleasure, do you see a distinction between animals and birds? I don't, and within a couple of weeks hundreds of folk will be out shooting grouse etc.

I once went fishing with a friend (coincidentally a dentist) and was dismayed to find that where we went there was a kill what you catch policy - never went back there again.

Personally I think the current instance has been massively over-sentimentalised - the guy concerned may be richer than many who kill for pleasure and the lion may have had a name (not that he was any kind of pet), but I feel equally unhappy about the mass killing of game in the UK, or for that matter hunting foxes with hounds. Lighthouse is, I am sure, correct in saying that the number of foxes and badgers in the countryside need to be controlled, just like rats in town, but doing it professionally as a control matter is one thing - making it the focus of a day's "fun" is (for me) quite another.

in reply to your question i feel the same about birds fish and any other animal/creature that is killed for sport.

I actulally detest the way fish and crustaceans are treated... live lobsters in restaurants with thei claws tapped together is also a disgrace.

I am pleased this cat was personalised.. not because it belittles any other atrocity but because for the masses it brings home what is going on. if we named every animal and made them characters then perhaps the hunters may be hounded out of existence.

nose

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2015, 01:50:05 PM
Quote from: Peabody on July 29, 2015, 01:45:24 PM

Well Said Sir...

we were in the cotswolds a year or so back and clearly there had been a hunt meeting and there were thousands of 'supporters'
they are very backward in the country it seems and think an attack on hunting is an attack on thither way of life. they think city dwellers cannot understand why country activities that have gone on for centuries should be intefered with.
I don't know if too much country air softens their brains, the whole thing was hideous.