watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gera Out Stories intensifying...But Gera unfazed by interest

Started by os5889, August 09, 2010, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/fulham/hodgson-geras-up-for-fulham-raid-1084816.html

Hodgson Gera's up for Fulham raid
Last Updated: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:13

Fulham star Zoltan Gera could be set for a shock exit out of Craven Cottage this summer with Liverpool keen on the midfielder.
The 31-year-old has just a year left on his Cottagers deal and has yet to begin negotiations over a new contract with his future now appearing to be up in the air.

Roy Hodgson's departure to Liverpool has prompted speculation he could return to raid his old club for the Hungary international while Sunderland and Blackburn are reportedly also monitoring the situation with a view to making bids.

Gera, who hit a stunning 12-minute hat-trick against Werder Bremen on Saturday in Fulham's final pre-season friendly before the new campaign, could be available at a knock-down £2million fee as he has just a year left on his current terms.

os5889

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6302651,00.html

Gera attracting interest

Trio target Fulham star

Skysports.com understands a number of clubs are tracking Fulham ace Zoltan Gera.

Gera's future at Fulham could be in doubt following the arrival of new boss Mark Hugheswith the Welshman expected to bring in new faces to put his own stamp on the side.

The 31-year-old has just a year to run on his current contract and talks over a new deal have yet to take place as yet, alerting a number of clubs to his possible availability.

Liverpool could be in the market for Gera with Roy Hodgson a big fan of the Hungarian and his versatility would appeal to the new Reds boss.

Sunderland are also thought to be interested in Gera with Black Cats chief Steve Bruce keen to bolster his squad before the close of the transfer window.

German side Werder Bremen are also thought to be monitoring Gera's situation following his stunning 12-minute hat-trick against the German club in Saturday's pre-season friendly between the two sides.

Burt

After a shaky start with us I think Gera "came of age" last season, and he would be a real loss if he left.

Vinnieffc

Nooooooooo !!!!!  :035: Leave our Zolly ALONE !!

Crede15

There could be truth to this but would anybody be surprised if the basis for this article was: Gera just scored an impressive hat trick, Gera used to play for Roy Hodgson, Roy Hodgson now manages Liverpool, Gera to Liverpool.

MrCheviot

The only of those three sides that makes _any_ sense is Sunderland IMO.

Gera's 31 and is clearly flourishing at Fulham in a role of necessity created by lack of depth in our strike force. Before that, he was struggling to stake a place in our midfield. Unless a club wants him to play in their very own 4-4-1-1, I don't see anyone could appraise his upside as being worthwhile while the chance of regression to early FFC form remains high.

If we could get 3-4M for him I'd take it TBH, but I don't see it happening. Bit of lazy journo combined w/ his hat trick vs. WB just making the rounds IMO.

"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

AlFayedsChequebook

Gera leaving would be a strange move. I don't think he wants to and has a key role to play in this team, even when Fulham eventually sign another striker.

OldBrownShoe

Why would Zoltan want to sit on the Liverpool bench?
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

LordNelson

The problem for Zoli will be IF (and I mean if) Hughes brings in another genuine striker to pair up with Bobby Z (this is assuming that Andy Johnson's FFC days are pretty much over).  If that were to happen, I would take the Gera transfer bollocks more seriously.

Gera was playing pretty lousy for us as a midfielder but seemed to flourish when supporting Zamora up front.  I would hate to lose him.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

LBNo11

...typical media hacks making up stories or being asked to help unsettle a player and team.

If he hadn't scored the perfect hat-trick against class opposition this story wouldn't have had any legs...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

os5889

I remember him being linked with Juventus in January too

JBH

WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOX :doh:

Hodgson has agreed wirh MAF that he will not come in for any Fulham players, if he tries to go back on the agreement then I don't fancy him being healthy for very much longer.

Why would Highes be looking at getting rid of the clubs Player of the season voted for by the fans he has to impress, also Zoltan on saturday showed Sparky exactly what he can do.

A move to Sunderland would be a huge backwards step.

He has already stated this year that he has no wish to leave FFC as he loves it here.

Lazy Journolism at its best just trying to unsettle yet anothe Fulham player.

ToodlesMcToot

So, so far Woy's come in for Schwartzer, Hangeland, Konchesky, and Gera.

The real question is whether or not the gossip rags have enough time to get around to the other 7 starters before the end of the transfer season. And if they don't, will the remaining players feel slighted?

:012:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

This is one story that had no legs being repeated by every other news outlet. Not a story at all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

os5889

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2010, 05:14:28 PM
This is one story that had no legs being repeated by every other news outlet. Not a story at all.

You Sure? God I Hate Agents!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6303200,00.html

Gera could leave Cottagers
No guarantee Hungarian forward will stay put

Zoltan Gera's agent has done little to curb speculation surrounding his client's future at Fulham.

The Hungarian is reported to be interesting several clubs across Europe, having enjoyed a productive six-year stint in England.

From the Premier League, Liverpool and Sunderland are believed to be monitoring his situation, with the Reds now bossed by former Cottagers coach Roy Hodgson.
Elsewhere, German giants Werder Bremenare said to be preparing a move for the experienced forward after seeing him bag a hat-trick against them in a recent pre-season friendly.

Gera's representative admits there is a possibility a deal could be struck before the summer transfer window slams shut, and has attempted to tout his client's services to Liverpool.

Dangerous

"At the moment I don't want to comment on the news, but there is always a chance for a club change when a player has enjoyed such a great season, like Gera did," Vladan Filipovic told www.origo.hu.

"Mr Hodgson liked him very much at Fulhamand that belief could be seen in Gera's performances, he played some great football."

Filipovic added: "I think his favoured position is behind the striker and there could be a place for him in the Liverpool starting line-up.

"They have signed Joe Cole, and there are several world-class players in the Liverpool squad, but they don't have a player in Gera's position who is as hard-working as him or as dangerous in front of goal.

"He showed with his hat-trick against Werder Bremen that his form is as good as it was last season."

Mr Fulham

tingtawng

Hungarian midfielder Zoltan Gera wants a return to the international fold, according to international boss Sandor Egervari.

The 31-year-old Fulham player resigned from the national team last year following a fall-out with coach Erwin Koeman, but last week it was announced that Egervari would become the new manager.

Egervari has met with Gera in London and after posistive talks he is expected to return to the Hungary squad to face England in August.

"We were talking through the whole morning and I talked to him about the present situation and outlined him my plans with the team," Egervari told www.origo.hu.

"Zoli said that there were so many positive changes lately that he'd like to come back to the national team and I'm very happy about it.

"At that time he told the national coach that he doesn't want to play in the team for a while and now he told the national coach (to me) that he wants to play again because of the changed atmosphere."

Former West Brom midfielder Gera has made more than 60 appearances for Hungary and could be given the captain's armband if he returns.
IN SVEN VE TVUST

Burt

Quote from: tingtawng on August 09, 2010, 05:53:35 PM
Hungarian midfielder Zoltan Gera wants a return to the international fold, according to international boss Sandor Egervari.

The 31-year-old Fulham player resigned from the national team last year following a fall-out with coach Erwin Koeman, but last week it was announced that Egervari would become the new manager.

Egervari has met with Gera in London and after posistive talks he is expected to return to the Hungary squad to face England in August.

"We were talking through the whole morning and I talked to him about the present situation and outlined him my plans with the team," Egervari told www.origo.hu.

"Zoli said that there were so many positive changes lately that he'd like to come back to the national team and I'm very happy about it.

"At that time he told the national coach that he doesn't want to play in the team for a while and now he told the national coach (to me) that he wants to play again because of the changed atmosphere."

Former West Brom midfielder Gera has made more than 60 appearances for Hungary and could be given the captain's armband if he returns.

Makes a change from the recent spate of international retirements that have been happening.

TheInsider

It's just Zolly's agent trying to get him a better contract. Gera only has one year left and his agent is trying to squeeze more money out of Fulham.

Plus it is a bit of lazy journalism as Liverpool have Cole and Gerrard to play that part.

finnster01

I couldn't care less assuming we get some money for that gypsy. He is very overrated.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead