Main Menu

QPR

Started by Fulham76, February 06, 2016, 10:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: davew on February 07, 2016, 09:05:56 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 07, 2016, 04:36:01 PM
Quote from: filham on February 07, 2016, 03:50:08 PM
Just can't think how Jokanovic is going to turn the lacklustre side that failed to score against an out of form Derby at the Cottage  yesterday into a team capable of scoring and winning at Loftus Road.

Calm down, QPR aren't that good! I'd much rather play them away than an out-of-form Derby at home.
I wouldn't especially as it will be televised, we don't always show our best on TV.

Wasn't the 4-0 dismantling on TV?

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 07, 2016, 06:15:47 PM
Quote from: SP on February 07, 2016, 05:23:53 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on February 07, 2016, 03:19:45 PM
Playing at Laugh-tus Road will no doubt be playing inside a cauldron of hate......not!!!! I've come out the gym sweating more than when I've had the desperate experience of visiting that dump and all those many thousands and thousands of their fans, if you believe any of the toilet they spew out. I'll happily take a point but i'd love to win ( obviously ) and happily not win another league game all season but remain in the Championship for 2016/17.

I enjoy our matches with them, probably because the 2 QPR fans I know are decent blokes.  Relations have grown rather silly over the last few years but seems to be settling down to a normal rivalry.

On a tangent, was anyone else in the Enclosure when it kicked off back in the 80s? I wonder if the QPR guys who caused the trouble ever reflected on their 'heroics' starting trouble in an area populated by numerous women & children?

Some of their inbred weirdo fans had a go in the late 1990's/early 2000's as well! Seem to remember one of their fans bragging about 'windmilling' through our fans, (women & children no doubt), what a tough guy!! Tit!

I'm already hearing the usual crap from the few ha ha fans I know, (well 1 actually), about how poor our support is, how top class theirs is etc.. etc.. Didn't sell their allocation at our place last time & probably won't sell out the home area next weekend. Don't think they've sold out their titchy little place all season. Again...

P**s poor support

At the risk of you accusing me of being a QPR fan again but why do you constantly state they never sold out at our place?. They have every time.
They got an extra 1000 tickets for the game earlier this season taking it to 4000 which is a lot more we're taking saturday. They had tickets up until a day or two before which eventually went.
Every one of those games were live on Sky too, sunday, monday and a friday

Fulham76

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 09, 2016, 06:56:42 AM
Playing at Laugh-tus Road will no doubt be playing inside a cauldron of hate......not!!!! I've come out the gym sweating more than when I've had the desperate experience of visiting that dump and all those many thousands and thousands of their fans, if you believe any of the toilet they spew out. I'll happily take a point but i'd love to win ( obviously ) and happily not win another league game all season but remain in the Championship for 2016/17.

I enjoy our matches with them, probably because the 2 QPR fans I know are decent blokes.  Relations have grown rather silly over the last few years but seems to be settling down to a normal rivalry.

On a tangent, was anyone else in the Enclosure when it kicked off back in the 80s? I wonder if the QPR guys who caused the trouble ever reflected on their 'heroics' starting trouble in an area populated by numerous women & children?

Some of their inbred weirdo fans had a go in the late 1990's/early 2000's as well! Seem to remember one of their fans bragging about 'windmilling' through our fans, (women & children no doubt), what a tough guy!! Tit!

I'm already hearing the usual crap from the few ha ha fans I know, (well 1 actually), about how poor our support is, how top class theirs is etc.. etc.. Didn't sell their allocation at our place last time & probably won't sell out the home area next weekend. Don't think they've sold out their titchy little place all season. Again...

P**s poor support

At the risk of you accusing me of being a QPR fan again but why do you constantly state they never sold out at our place?. They have every time.
They got an extra 1000 tickets for the game earlier this season taking it to 4000 which is a lot more we're taking saturday. They had tickets up until a day or two before which eventually went.

A combination of empty seats in the away end & their constant claims to take over the cottage, which of course wasn't even close to happening, nor are they capable of doing such a thing to any stadium in the football league. Or conference for that matter!

We'll have to disagree but as far as I'm concerned empty seats means failure to sell allocation, despite them being the best supported team on the planet  :005: it didn't happen at our place. Brentford did, they must have had about 6k at the cottage.

Riversider

Even though QPR have one of the smallest capacities in the league for home supporters , they've had to put tickets for this game on general sale !
Still, I understand plans for their 40,000 all seater stadium are coming along nicely !  :005: :005: :005:

Fulham76

Quote from: Riversider on February 09, 2016, 08:09:28 AM
Even though QPR have one of the smallest capacities in the league for home supporters , they've had to put tickets for this game on general sale !
Still, I understand plans for their 40,000 all seater stadium are coming along nicely !  :005: :005: :005:

Really??? Says it all  fp.gif

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on February 09, 2016, 07:52:24 AM

P**s poor support

A combination of empty seats in the away end & their constant claims to take over the cottage, which of course wasn't even close to happening, nor are they capable of doing such a thing to any stadium in the football league. Or conference for that matter!

We'll have to disagree but as far as I'm concerned empty seats means failure to sell allocation, despite them being the best supported team on the planet  :005: it didn't happen at our place. Brentford did, they must have had about 6k at the cottage.

QPR can only sell what they're given, clubs generally get a 2998 allocation, they can apply for an  extra 1000 if demand is there which is what they did..
Brentford was a totally different situation because Fulham were advised by the police to give Brentford 6000 last season and 5000 this year. Brentfords cup final and all that.
As for home their home games on general sale, so what? We do it , you say you only know one Rangers fan, I know bloody loads of em, I live,work and socialize with them. They dont think they're the biggest club in the world with 120,000 fans the more deluded amongst them think they're bigger than us.
Speak to the more sensible and knowledgeable among their numbers like the mates I'm meeting after the game Saturday and they'll tell you Fulham and QPR are two very similar sized clubs.

Chutney

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 09, 2016, 08:49:32 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on February 09, 2016, 07:52:24 AM

P**s poor support

QPR can only sell what they're given, clubs generally get a 2998 allocation, they can apply for an  extra 1000 if demand is there which is what they did..
Brentford was a totally different situation because Fulham were advised by the police to give Brentford 6000 last season and 5000 this year. Brentfords cup final and all that.
As for home their home games on general sale, so what? We do it , you say you only know one Rangers fan, I know bloody loads of em, I live,work and socialize with them. They dont think they're the biggest club in the world with 120,000 fans the more deluded amongst them think they're bigger than us.
Speak to the more sensible and knowledgeable among their numbers like the mates I'm meeting after the game Saturday and they'll tell you Fulham and QPR are two very similar sized clubs.

And that is being generous to them!
C O Y W

davew

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 09, 2016, 01:40:15 AM
Quote from: davew on February 07, 2016, 09:05:56 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 07, 2016, 04:36:01 PM
Quote from: filham on February 07, 2016, 03:50:08 PM
Just can't think how Jokanovic is going to turn the lacklustre side that failed to score against an out of form Derby at the Cottage  yesterday into a team capable of scoring and winning at Loftus Road.

Calm down, QPR aren't that good! I'd much rather play them away than an out-of-form Derby at home.
I wouldn't especially as it will be televised, we don't always show our best on TV.

Wasn't the 4-0 dismantling on TV?
True, it was so long ago I had forgotten, let's hope for a repeat performance though I don't think it will be that easy this time.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)