News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Changing my season ticket seat from the the Riverside to the Hammersmith end?

Started by bill taylors apprentice, May 25, 2016, 10:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

For various reasons I'm considering moving my seat to the Hammersmith end and wondered how far back I should sit to avoid the worst of the weather?

Last time I watched a game from there I stood in front of the green pole.

Anything else I should consider?

alfie

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 25, 2016, 10:11:02 AM
For various reasons I'm considering moving my seat to the Hammersmith end and wondered how far back I should sit to avoid the worst of the weather?

I am doing the exact opposite, purely because i have a back problem and i just got fed up when everytime the ball comes towards our goal everyone jumps up, i sat in the Riverside for the last few games and quite liked it, ok so atmosphere a bit dead, but i can live with that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: alfie on May 25, 2016, 11:13:16 AM

I am doing the exact opposite, purely because i have a back problem and i just got fed up when everytime the ball comes towards our goal everyone jumps up, i sat in the Riverside for the last few games and quite liked it, ok so atmosphere a bit dead, but i can live with that.

You're right the atmosphere is a bit dead and you often find the people sitting around change from match to match even though they are season tickets, one week they could be a group of foreigners the next a family with young kids.

Personally I prefer the JH stand but my mates sit in the Riverside, at least we can hang out on the corner by the river before the game.

Sitting in the H/end will be a change, especially the atmosphere (and cheaper) but it will also help me exit the ground quicker as I have to get the 6.08 train from KX as it the only fast train back to Lincoln.

BalDrick

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 25, 2016, 11:35:35 AM

You're right the atmosphere is a bit dead and you often find the people sitting around change from match to match even though they are season tickets, one week they could be a group of foreigners the next a family with young kids.

Personally I prefer the JH stand but my mates sit in the Riverside, at least we can hang out on the corner by the river before the game.

Sitting in the H/end will be a change, especially the atmosphere (and cheaper) but it will also help me exit the ground quicker as I have to get the 6.08 train from KX as it the only fast train back to Lincoln.

If you're looking at a quick getaway, I'd suggest thinking where in a west/east direction than a north/south, if you see what I mean. My advice would be to be quite near the river because the gates at that corner are opened afterwards and you can get a good start walking - along the river - towards Hammersmith, where presumably you get the Piccadilly to KX? Also near a stairwell, for the same reasons.

As a matter of interest, do you regularly quite easily catch that train after a game or is it a bit hit and miss?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

fcfulham55

The Hammersmith has a better atmosphere, I keep reading.  I can only agree it is better than almost non existent.  But you most definitely do not need to worry about any hearing loss.   Only a small group stand at the very back of the stand,  these guys are the Atmosphere, trouble is. The noise travels down the big hole at the back of the stand. And with our poorly constructed out of date 'temporary' stand with beams on the inner side of the roofing it deflects and absorbs any remaining sound.

If you want to sit in silence like 90% of Fulham fans, I recommend sitting near the front of the stand. That way, you shouldn't get bothered with any 'unnecessary' noise. Or much standing with excitement.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

David Allen Crankshaw

I have a seat in the Hammersmith End and it certainly is irritating when people have to stand up when we approach our opponents' goal but I'll still be the same seat next season. I like the atmosphere.

Berserker

I'm in row Z in Hammersmith end and never get wet. Also have found it alot warmer than sitting in P2

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: BalDrick on May 25, 2016, 04:04:22 PM

If you're looking at a quick getaway, I'd suggest thinking where in a west/east direction than a north/south, if you see what I mean. My advice would be to be quite near the river because the gates at that corner are opened afterwards and you can get a good start walking - along the river - towards Hammersmith, where presumably you get the Piccadilly to KX? Also near a stairwell, for the same reasons.

As a matter of interest, do you regularly quite easily catch that train after a game or is it a bit hit and miss?

I actually walk (fast) to putney bridge tube and change onto the Picadilly line from Earls court as I've found that's the quickest route.

If I get on the tube at 5.15 I have time in hand but if i'm pulling out of Putney bridge about 5.25 its tight so I have to leave if there's lots of added time but I've never missed my 6.08 yet!

The day will come when there's a delay and I'm buggered as the next train involves changes and more stops and I don't get home until after 9.

Midweek games is a whole other story!

Peabody

Don't understand this dislike of the Riverside, in fact, I am arranging to have a hammock slung up there and will have an even more comfortable forty winks.

F(f)CUK

I sit in row V and do not think that I would want to be lower than row S.

Peabody

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 25, 2016, 09:24:16 PM
Quote from: Peabody on May 25, 2016, 09:16:22 PM
Don't understand this dislike of the Riverside, in fact, I am arranging to have a hammock slung up there and will have an even more comfortable forty winks.
Quote from: Peabody on May 25, 2016, 09:16:22 PM

Double hammock, I dunno about that Wooly, do you itch?
I think I may join you if there is enough room.

Max Headroom

I prefer the riverside. Ok, the atmosphere isn't so great but I always prefer looking at the game from the side rather than head on - I am at the Hammersmith end so get some atmosphere, and I have great neighbours!

HamsterWheel

I'm in Row T of the Hammy and wouldn't sit any further forward than that if you want to ensure you're dryish when the rain starts swirling about. Used to be in Row P and got a lot wetter there.

BalDrick

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 25, 2016, 08:48:28 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on May 25, 2016, 04:04:22 PM

I actually walk (fast) to putney bridge tube and change onto the Picadilly line from Earls court as I've found that's the quickest route.

If I get on the tube at 5.15 I have time in hand but if i'm pulling out of Putney bridge about 5.25 its tight so I have to leave if there's lots of added time but I've never missed my 6.08 yet!

The day will come when there's a delay and I'm buggered as the next train involves changes and more stops and I don't get home until after 9.

Midweek games is a whole other story!
Amazed it's quicker having to change tube lines than going direct but I'm sure you've done your research.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town